Jade core drop rate is a kitten

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

I made this stupid yolo unskilled event 8 times and still no jade core… ty for unnecessary rng only for keep ppl playing this stupid maps till expansion.

(edited by pelle ossa.9705)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I think that’s the point with these collections.

Posted by: veslarius.8425

veslarius.8425

I took a break from gw2 in favor of eso because I’m fed up with the way they handle pve and pvp. Eso is great, but it has its faults to, like not being able to dye costumes unless you are a subscriber and similar annoyances. I ended up dropping about 1k usd into it for mounts and costumes etc.

Now with the expansion coming out, I returned to gw2 with my wife and we start working on the achievements and collection together in preparation for new legendaries. We do the Bloodstonefen event one time and she gets the Jade Core. I’m on my 3rd time now and still haven’t got it. Pelle at 8 times is stupdiculous.

This is a prime example of what I’m guessing will eventually be the death of gw2. They make important content such as legendary armor inaccessible without a group of 8-10 people while the content that can be done in small groups such as the achievements associated with the Jade Core are RNG based. This makes it so one person gets left behind, forced to do this once an hour event on repeat while the other person or persons need to move on in order to make continued progress.

This completely ruined our plans as me and my wife intended on spending the day playing gw2 together. This is just one example out of many common sense errors I’m seeing in gw2 design and problem-solving. If you need people to populate the map, and in a farmable resource that leaves people feeling that they made progress for their efforts instead of feeling cheated by gw2’s garbage RNG system.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

this one is insane, not only because a precursor is more likely to drop,
but there’s no way to control when the event occurs, it just suddenly starts at random times and you have to be there, so you dedicate an entire day hanging around the maw waiting for the event to start.

The meta event appears every 60 minutes, but the timer appears to be instance-based rather than set on a global timer. The 60 minute countdown starts when the Unbound Guardian dies, after which the Jade Construct events will recommence.

1. The timer is not universal
2. There is no way to know if the unbound guardian was killed 1 minute or 59 minutes ago

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

I am not looking for a legendary armor set, but still this is really sad.

Here our steps from gw2 till HoT

1- Legendaries as a trade good:

a) you can get it by yourself
b) you can save up cash and buy it from tp ( if you don’t like to play for tokens )
c) you can rush it

2- Legendaries as Personal reward

a) The only way to get one of those is to farm with your own account.
b) You can’t buy nor sell it through TP
c) You can rush it

3- Legendary Armor Sets

a) You Must farm a specific content in order to obtain pieces needed
b) Unable to trade nor buy em from TP
c) Unable to rush em ( due to tokens requirements ).

Personally, these are things i dislike ( like armors/weapons from achievement POINTS. not Achievements series ). It was perfect during gw2, and now everything is pretty ruined ( the only one who will be ok with this, are indeed players who “need” a progression you can’t bypass ).

edit: @Amaimon: the best way currently is to ask and communicate ( i guess others will be there farming or looking for farm that specify event ).

(edited by Shirlias.8104)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

this one is insane, not only because a precursor is more likely to drop,

Clearly, that’s not true. Lots of people get the drop on the first try; that’s never true of precursor drops.

(The rest of the analysis is similarly peppered with hyperbole that distract from what’s actually going on.)

The fact is that with RNG for so many of the items in the Aurora collection, nearly every player is going to encounter at least one item that seemingly never drops. That’s what happens with random drops.

Alternatives have their own issues, e.g. fixed drops are ultimately boring (go there, do that, done), gathering (e.g. for Mawdrey’s Foxfire) get boring, and scrap collection (e.g. HoT currency) feels grindy after a while.

That’s why most collections include a mix of each method.

Park a toon in Bloodstone Fen. Swap to it while waiting for friends. If the event chain is up, great; give it a whirl. If not, skip it for the day and come back later. It’s not fast, but you’ll get the drop sooner or later (and the drop rate won’t matter so much, if you count the amount of LS3 currency you rake up).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It took me 35 Jade Armor events to get the Jade Core. It sucked a lot, but I think it’s intentional, and you’re going to need a lot of Blood Rubies anyway so it’s not totally in vain.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: PuppyMonkeyBabyJosephSayer.3601

PuppyMonkeyBabyJosephSayer.3601

This post is a misleading lie, by reading it i entered a vauge verbal contract that made promises of kittens. There are no kittens here, there are no kittens at all here! \o/

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

I took a break from gw2 in favor of eso because I’m fed up with the way they handle pve and pvp. Eso is great, but it has its faults to, like not being able to dye costumes unless you are a subscriber and similar annoyances. I ended up dropping about 1k usd into it for mounts and costumes etc.

Now with the expansion coming out, I returned to gw2 with my wife and we start working on the achievements and collection together in preparation for new legendaries. We do the Bloodstonefen event one time and she gets the Jade Core. I’m on my 3rd time now and still haven’t got it. Pelle at 8 times is stupdiculous.

This is a prime example of what I’m guessing will eventually be the death of gw2. They make important content such as legendary armor inaccessible without a group of 8-10 people while the content that can be done in small groups such as the achievements associated with the Jade Core are RNG based. This makes it so one person gets left behind, forced to do this once an hour event on repeat while the other person or persons need to move on in order to make continued progress.

This completely ruined our plans as me and my wife intended on spending the day playing gw2 together. This is just one example out of many common sense errors I’m seeing in gw2 design and problem-solving. If you need people to populate the map, and in a farmable resource that leaves people feeling that they made progress for their efforts instead of feeling cheated by gw2’s garbage RNG system.

Wait, you prefer ESO, the game where equipment stats have a significantly higher impact on your character abilities than they ever had or will have in GW2, and where you have to farm specific bosses and events hundreds if not thousands of times to even have the chance to get your hands on equipment with stats moderately matching your build, to GW2, then complain about the rng for definite best-in-slot equipment in GW2?

Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with rng drops for legendary collections (or even most other collections with rare rewards), especially since GW2 rng seems to be very mild compared to most other games around. I get that it can feel cruel sometimes (thinks back to doing 30+ vinewrath events before getting my 3rd carapace coat, where friends got three coats in 2 events), but there’s bound to be outliers in any rng system.

The only alternative I see would be to do away with rng completely. While some would enjoy that, it would destroy the fun of the collection for many others, and turn them into a kind of shopping list that (many) people would rush through in a matter of hours, and possibly devalue the collection and its reward for feeling “too easy”.

From the developer viewpoint I suspect that this would be counterproductive, as collections are meant as scavenger hunts, to give people something enjoyable to do. It is unfortunate if you don’t like the “something to do” required to gain your loot of choice, but what’s ANet to do? If they start handing out legendary equipment for finishing of a guaranteed-to-aquire shopping list, they might as well put a vendor into Lion’s Arch that hands out said equipment to any player interacting with it.