January 2013: Flame and Frost prelude [Merged Discussion]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536 when i bought the game i wasnt thinking on have to grind a dungeon with % to get item. Well, a dungeon like that came up and then we who dont like to pass hours doing dailys and going higher on fractals became a little anoyed. But i cant care less about AR. Why should i do ? Its a Condition inside of fractals so having no AR is cool to me. And hey, i already have 1 Elem and 1 Engi with both Ascended Rings and i didnt like the way i had to grind that kitten. Now that i will be able to get them by playing the game i can move on and get some levels on my Warrior. Thank you Anet, no more grind for me is awesome since i like to explore and play my way. So getting all alcended stuff from labels that you get from dailys and monthlys, sounds good to me.

Thing is, there are multiple issues being raised by players in this forums and most of them worded their statement in such a way that it gives an impression that they are self-entitled minded.

First are the guys who complained about “what about our hard earned exotics?”. Well, did ANet promised at any point in time that lvl.80 exotics are going to be permanently BiS gears? Any game that I buy, I am prepared to changes. However, now people are crying about how ANet should create a way for people to upgrade their exotics to ascended tier. Lol, must be joking.

Secondly, people who opposed to fractals are whining about not getting agony resist via laurels. Why do you need agony resist out of fractals when in the first place you opposed fractals strongly? If you want agony resist, then go and challenge yourself to some fractal levels and buy them yourself instead of demanding agony resists to be available outside fractals. If you aren’t even up for some fractals challenge to get that agony resist, why do you need BiS gear when you just wanna stay in your comfort zone? Heck, just wear your beginner’s gear and stay in town flipping the TP or craft your kittens.

Last but not least, GW2 is a product released by ANet just like how Microsoft develop Windows. You learn to use their product and expect that there will be some changes that will not suit your taste sometimes. They do not cater to you alone. There’s millions of users. Just because some of you in the forums dislike that change doesn’t mean it has to be tweak to your liking. That’s life, learn to accept changes. Everyone paid for it, not just you.

Learn to compromise sometimes, it’s better that way. It’s just an addition that ANet is adding which you could obtain the changes but you just don’t want to not because you can’t.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The only positive thing is that I don’t have to run Fractals for Ascended gear. Hunting achievements is 100x more fun (most of the time).

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I recall an answer a while back a dev saying Asura tell that capes are just to encumbering in a battle or w/e. well I’m sry but a fat as* Quaggin on your back is a bit more encumbering than a cloak/cape would be!

Syn

You’re learning slowly, my padawan.

Any lore reasons devs give you for not adding x into the game are just “we don’t know how to do it” in disguise.

They probably just don’t have the know-how (as of yet) to add cloaks/capes to the game without it a) looking ugly and/or b) melting your GPU.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: ForAce.1943

ForAce.1943

Personaly, I think this not will be a big event. But… If we look on this from the other side. There’a a big potential. First.
Flame – Primordus
Frost – Jormag
But not exactly. Charr can be identify with flame, and Norn with Frozen. (They Home instance).
Ok… But? What happen, that they must leave they home? Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau will be destroy? “Charr and norn refugees crawl from the wreckage of their homes”. Destroy by what? And there history is going to be more interesting!

Horse? From where? I hope this is a small mistake

http://www.gw2info.pl – All informations about Guild Wars 2 in one place. In polish.

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

Absolutely loving the sound of the new achievements set-up. I for one am not all that keen on Fractals, so a new way of obtaining Ascended gear is a big plus!

And finally, new stuff in the Gem store….about time! Can we get some new cosmetic armor/town clothes too please?

Thumbs-up ArenaNet!

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

I am finding it hard to get the least bit enthused about this update considering that it breaks the back of the international guilds. Is there any plans to fix this glaring error and allow us to actually play with our friends across the world as originally promised?

Guild warrior for life!

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Oh look, more grind, hair-brained story injections, and cash shop flaunting. What a great update. Nothing that really matters like class balance, new skills, or weapons or anything like that…awesome! Now i can grind dailies for Ascended items as if FoTM wasn’t awful and pointless enough. I really don’t believe they’ve been seeing more and more players log on. They’re not giving us anything of value. Another lie…these updates aren’t the size of an expansion, get real. You guys need better communication not this hype-inducing PR and shady marketing.

I agree there are some major class balance problems. But I really like the fact that they arent adding much PVE content to the world..maybe a story arc but thats it. They are trying to prop up whats already there. How come for a patch to be “popular” in the eyes of players(mostly pvp), it NEEDS class balance every single time.

Yes Necromancers could use a buff.
Yes bunker d/d eles are rediculous.
Yes thieves(I play a thief) take advantage of culling <— but not for long.
Yes warriors hit like trucks <— if they manage to knock you down and land all 100b. I do not think this ability should be nerfed in PVE, however…no sir. Please seperate it out.
Yes mesmers are filthy slippery folk (I also play a mesmer).

But again, most of these complains will come from PVP players. And when developers balance for PVP and impacts PVE, things go haywire. I hope they seperate it out in this game because I think most classes are fine in PVE.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Silentstorm.7531

Silentstorm.7531

So we have the new patch info up for Jan 28th on the main site. Plenty of good info there likes guesting and the changes to achievements. I hope this breathes life into a very empty world. Most of everyone who is online hides in the main cities. Or live in constant a dungeon that doesn’t make for a very fun open world experience.

And you have new gamers trying to do upper level zone events for the very first time. Going through the game a second time gave me perspective on that struggle. But I’ve always been a loner and scrap my way through zones in games. It’s funny to say that because I’ve been a major guild leader 3 times successfully.

Also coming in that looks fun is the new pvp zone very happily name Silent Storm. Like I said in the video it’s not named after me that be cool but it’s not. But I do plan on doing something special for a dungeon sharing my name. Hey I had this name since 95 almost twenty years of the storm. Got to add this place to the fun don’t you think?

I am hoping the infusions however have a fun new variety of things to add. And also hoping people don’t act lazy about doing world achievements to get them. I won’t comment on the Quaggan back pack because I’d used a word deemed culturally insensitive to describe that.

I know I’m beating around the bush a bit. But what I really want to say is this enough for you? Are you interested is it too late or are you all aboard and ready to roll out? I was more to the point in the video I think I actually wander a bit more writing things out.

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Alright, let me get this straight. You want Agony Resistance to be available via the infusion which could be bought using Laurels. You want Ascended gears to be available outside Fractals.

So what about Fractals players who spent hours saving up just to get our first Agony Resistance infusion? First you guys complained that it isn’t fair that PVE players do not have the options to get BiS ascended gears. Now that it is available with stats, you want an easy way to obtain Agony Resistance via Laurels. Really??

Comparing daily/monthly achievement to Fractals run, daily/monthly is a cakewalk but you want the same reward as players who painstakingly save up for Agony Resistance infusion via Fractal runs. For once, run the Fractals. Earn your Agony Resistance. Stop being self-entitled.

True colors shine through!

So your issue is that you personally ground out fractals for your ascended gear and you want everyone else to do it the same way otherwise it’s not “fair to you”!

If you enjoyed fractals, then you shouldn’t have any issues with who has what ascended gear and where they got it from. If you didn’t enjoy fractals, and instead were grinding for gear, then you should be happy that alternate avenues will soon exist to get said gear. No reason to be upset, you did get your gear before anyone else who chose to wait. There is a price for being “first”.

The argument made previously regarding the changes to fractals is legitimate. If a lowbie (lvl 80 with low fractal progression) wants to tag with their friends in lvl 12 fractals, they really should have 5 agony resistance (yeah they can scrape by without it, but it’s a detriment to the team as a whole). They won’t receive a lvl 12 fractal reward (which I have mixed feelings on) for completion, so their only opportunity to play with friends is to grind away (like you did), or spend laurels on a ring.

If they spend laurels on a ring, that’s laurels they didn’t get to spend on something else (and it appears there’s a lot of “something else” to spend laurels on). So yeah they paid a price. Don’t be upset about the price you paid and expect everyone else to pay the same price. You made your choice and if you are not happy with it, then not much will make you happy at this point.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Silentstorm.7531

LOL they are way over active with over modding on this forum. How did the my post end up in this whine fest lol……….What I said in this video is exactly what is happening in this post.

cesmode.4257

@fatezero

Hi,
I agree with everything you stated except about the first bit about “did arenanet say exotics are perma BiS gear”. Listen to their manifesto, which is on the website here somewhere, listen to interviews, read blogs, watch webcasts…You can literally quote Arenanet a half dozen times saying “no gear grind”, “grind is not fun and will not be in our game”, “play the game you want and how you want”, “legendaries are only cosmetic”.

“No gear grind” – this is one of the grindiest games Ive ever played. Way moreso than the juggernaut WoW.

“Grind is not fun and will not be in our game”- While I enjoy a fractal every now and again, it became “unfun” to log in and run the fractal to simply get BiS gear…grinding out the pristine relics was annoying because for the longest time I had no luck with the RnG chest. So this was a grind, and was not fun. But I am not complaining about not having agony on laurel ascended gear. I agree with you there.

“Play the game how you want to”- I want to run around all zones of Tyria, get rewarded for my time PROPERLY and not feel compelled to participate in any one part of the game. First, the reward you get as a lvl 80 in a lvl 30 zone is atrocious…a little copper, 2k experience, 100 karma? Something like that. Theres no incentive. Second, I wanted to get BiS gear and then juts ENJOY the game. Ascended gear changed that, gotta get that now so I know I have the top knotch stuff…then I can just relax and do whatever I want. Sure you can say, noone is forcing you to grind fractals. But I wanted BiS gear so that I do not have to worry about it ever again…so I can log in worry free and play. So I can take a month or two off, come back and my character hasnt lost any power, or isnt behind. If I took a month or two off in November, Id have to do a massive fractal grind to catch up. Obviously, this patch is addressing a lot of this, so this is a great start!

“Legendaries are cosmetic”- What a load. I think they stated that when ascended gear is released, legendaries will be bumped up to match the stats. Yet, in a webcast or whatever between Colin and..I think his name was Mike, the Mike guy was talking about legendaries and even said “Theres no stat difference between exotic and legendary, its just cosmetic”.

Theres no denying that arenanet walked the grey line, downplays the notion of gear grind or treadmill..yet both are in this game.

With that said, my respect for arenanet has been restored in the last month or two. I think they are great developers still. I have high respect for Colin for taking good time to respond to posts in these forums, big props to him as well as others who do so like John Sharp. I think this patch is defiantely a fantastic step in the right direction and might be worth another gem store purchase from me, pending on some finer detail confirmations.

With THAT said, agian, I agree with the rest of what you said. I just disagree that this game was always supposed to have verticle progression once you hit level cap and got the, currently, best in slot gear. Arenanet said this was always intended(ascended gear), yet I as well as the rest of the community never heard about it for three months while we obtained exotic sets and gear.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

LOL they are way over active with over modding on this forum. How did the my post end up in this whine fest lol……….What I said in this video is exactly what is happening in this post.

They want all the discussion to be in one place. Your posting would have easily started more discussions about the update. I don’t see what’s wrong with this? They actually read opinions and take feedback, answering some questions occassionally. It’s easier to have it all in one spot rather than 10/20 posts that just say the same thing in different locations. You’re not special just because you made a video about something we can all read.

Anyway, I feel bad for Anet. They put tons of work into the game and actually listen to our feedback. Then whiny entitled people just crap all over the work. Can anybody seriously tell me this game wasn’t worth $60? And if you bought gems that’s your fault. I did but I’m perfectly fine supporting Anet.

No I’m not a fanboy. There are certain issues and employees that I don’t agree with, but overall they have an excellent product. Offer legit suggestions instead of just moaning and whining about stupid stuff that doesn’t even matter.

RIP in peace Robert

(edited by Ethics.4519)

Silentstorm.7531

@Ethics easy there cowboy I’m a TGN/IGN sponsored partner it’s what we do. No one said anything about being special it’s just not the best way to go about it. And it’s been said time and time again which is why the special forums got made in the first place. So take a chill pill or drink some tea and say woosha or something.

They should just make a forum for this. Rather then have a cluttured mess of responses that don’t belong together. That is a proven bad community practice because things get lost in the chaos/translation.

(edited by Silentstorm.7531)

juno.1840

Woosha!

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

Anyone read anything on getting ascended gear through WvW?
I’d rather earn it through WvW than have to log on daily for a month to get it
(And doing FotM is out of the question, I hit 80 to not have to PvE anymore)

cesmode.4257

@Ethics easy there cowboy I’m a TGN/IGN sponsored partner it’s what we do. No one said anything about being special it’s just not the best way to go about it. And it’s been said time and time again which is why the special forums got made in the first place. So take a chill pill or drink some tea and say woosha or something.

They should just make a forum for this. Rather then have a cluttured mess of responses that don’t belong together. That is a proven bad community practice because things get lost in the chaos/translation.

Welcome to GW2 forums I agree, however. I agree. For other big topics, Ive made posts that didnt really belong in the mass of junk that was a thread, but it got there. Saw your video, however, and its…kind of relevant here. So I cannot blame them on this one. You were discussing the upcoming patch, which is what is in this thread.

A forum for each major patch would be nice, however.

Silentstorm.7531

Maybe they don’t consider this a major update shrug?

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

So u made a topic that was already open and u are mad about that ? U say this forum is full of junk but ur topic didnt help at all. Instead, it was one more topic of junk that was open. You have Flame and Frost Prelude discussion and u open another one with almost the same title. And you are talking about modding, i see…

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

OMFQuaggan backpack! so buying that

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Maybe they don’t consider this a major update shrug?

To be fair, they are calling this the prelude to the major update.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

More ascended gear to further stat creep on wvw. Plz stop stat creep on wvw.

Maid Of The Coast

VOLKON.1290

It’s only, right now, marginally better amulets that you can earn simply through doing daily achievements (even in WvW) that will take longer than exotics to acquire but no way nears the time (or gold) investment legendaries will. It’s not a creep. It’s filling in a gap.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Silentstorm.7531

So u made a topic that was already open and u are mad about that ? U say this forum is full of junk but ur topic didnt help at all. Instead, it was one more topic of junk that was open. You have Flame and Frost Prelude discussion and u open another one with almost the same title. And you are talking about modding, i see…

You don’t pay attention well I’ll break it down for you since you apparently cut comprehension class. Or just want to be seen and have something to say. Because we already moved on past that. I was not mad I was saying why smash in posts it’s considered bad manners in forum community’s.

In fact on this very forum they said they were going to stop doing that. And make forums for all the posts to reside. The problem is we don’t have one for this topic yet. And the mod who did it apparently forgot he isn’t supposed to do stuff like that anymore.

Also I broke down the post and ask specific questions while citing recent history. The start of this post basically was a link saying here lol……yea.
I was looking for specific answers and as you can see it’s getting lost in the chaos because my post shouldn’t be here. Doesn’t matter if it’s similar its not the same and not looking for the same out come.

Thus BAD modding has happen just as I originally said. Took all of 3 posts to showcase that lol…..What feedback do you think the team is getting from this. Beyond them maybe laughing at fan boys. It’s not directed or even helpful. Which is what I was trying to do to begin with. That’s what a good reporter does anyway ask directed questions.

(edited by Silentstorm.7531)

Posted by: Lukasz.5316

Lukasz.5316

Oh, I’m so excited about this patch can’t wait for 28th January, AN<3

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

When we will see capes/cloaks? Quaggan backpacks, COME ON!

Want to know why we don’t have capes/cloaks?

Charr. We break the game (and jumping puzzles).

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Alright, let me get this straight. You want Agony Resistance to be available via the infusion which could be bought using Laurels. You want Ascended gears to be available outside Fractals.

So what about Fractals players who spent hours saving up just to get our first Agony Resistance infusion? First you guys complained that it isn’t fair that PVE players do not have the options to get BiS ascended gears. Now that it is available with stats, you want an easy way to obtain Agony Resistance via Laurels. Really??

Comparing daily/monthly achievement to Fractals run, daily/monthly is a cakewalk but you want the same reward as players who painstakingly save up for Agony Resistance infusion via Fractal runs. For once, run the Fractals. Earn your Agony Resistance. Stop being self-entitled.

True colors shine through!

So your issue is that you personally ground out fractals for your ascended gear and you want everyone else to do it the same way otherwise it’s not “fair to you”!

If you enjoyed fractals, then you shouldn’t have any issues with who has what ascended gear and where they got it from. If you didn’t enjoy fractals, and instead were grinding for gear, then you should be happy that alternate avenues will soon exist to get said gear. No reason to be upset, you did get your gear before anyone else who chose to wait. There is a price for being “first”.

The argument made previously regarding the changes to fractals is legitimate. If a lowbie (lvl 80 with low fractal progression) wants to tag with their friends in lvl 12 fractals, they really should have 5 agony resistance (yeah they can scrape by without it, but it’s a detriment to the team as a whole). They won’t receive a lvl 12 fractal reward (which I have mixed feelings on) for completion, so their only opportunity to play with friends is to grind away (like you did), or spend laurels on a ring.

If they spend laurels on a ring, that’s laurels they didn’t get to spend on something else (and it appears there’s a lot of “something else” to spend laurels on). So yeah they paid a price. Don’t be upset about the price you paid and expect everyone else to pay the same price. You made your choice and if you are not happy with it, then not much will make you happy at this point.

He didn’t say anything you try to make up there. He’s totally right about the AR infusions, and I’ve never been in the fractals and just looking forward to ascended gear stats. If you want AR that’s needed only for fractals, go to the fractals.

“No gear grind” – this is one of the grindiest games Ive ever played. Way moreso than the juggernaut WoW.

I’m coming from WoW, and this is just plain and utter nonsense. And the legendary part is bs as well, ascended is the new exotic and legendaries are just matched to that, they still aren’t any better.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

cesmode.4257

@iruwen: Are you saying this game has no grind?

juno.1840

@iruwen: Did you even read my post?

I stick by what I said. Turns out the discussion was never really about laurels and AR ascended rings. It was actually about preceived “unfairness” because some players spent time grinding in fractals and want that as the ONLY method to get AR ascended rings.

If you enjoyed fractals, then it doesn’t matter where folks get the AR gear, because doing fractals was your true reward.

If you didn’t enjoy fractals and agonized through it to get your AR gear, then your reward was AR gear before anyone else could get it (outside of fractals).

Either way you “won”. It doesn’t matter how other players now get their AR gear — that’s just your false sense of pride being hurt.

Posted by: Chris.6105

Chris.6105

1. New ways for ascended gear is nice, but dont forget the actual exotic stuff from dungeons. Of course, many players are bored with the easy way to obtain exotic gear, but for all the others it will feel like all the hard work was for nothing. I am still working on obtaining exotic gear for my two 80s and although i did the dungeons pretty often already, they are fun cause even pugs have often 3 or more expirienced players and the reward is something to be happy about. Furthermore, i am a casual player, i dont have too much time for GW2, it is already annoying, that obtaining the equipment kills so much time, so a “easy obtainable ascended armor/weapon” would be twice depressing for me.
  2. Transmuting stuff. FineTransmutation Stones are a rare reward in GW2 (I heard about getting them for completing maps in high-level areas and got them myself only twice out of the chest). I have a few transmuted things (most of them before the announcment of ascended gear). I am sure, that ascended gear will look great, but there should be many players, which already love their actual gear. Especially expensive stuff like runes, sigils or fine tranmuting stones are spend on theses perfect 80 exotic gear (which is not always dongeon-gear) and if new ascended gear would mean to use fine tranmutation stones, i would feel a bit betrayesd. The ones, that even payed real money for gems to buy fine stones or armorskins in the gemshop must even feel more horrible about this. 20€/$ is a lot money (not the world, but you can pay one week of food with it instead) and there are surely player like me who only allowed themself this luxus because it is a one time thing (if i get it right this would be 50 stones, may not too many, but enough for a few sets). I understand, that stronger gear like ascended will be a one time thing for a long time, but transmuting all my actual stuff (including the not transmuted stuff and i dont have so much exotic gear yet) will swallow a lot of transmutation stones.
  3. I dont know the changes for the daily rewards, but stuff like mystic coins and laurels are especially hard to obtain to players like me, which cant play each day and monthly is unthinkable for me (beside the fact of hating WvW^^). A rotation could bring fun, but it also could mean more struggle for geting the reward (it goes fast, so it dont hurts, if i actually play a little bit longer after my normal playstyle couldnt get my the daily reward).
  4. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Quaggan-backpack/first#post1271548

A little suggestion to ascended gear again: Instead of giving only new (ascended) gear, give also ways to update yout exotic gear. If the new content includes new coins for obtaining ascended gear (100 coins for a chest piece), than also give upgrade-items (two for any peace, cost each 10 coins, and one piece specific like 80 coins for a chest-upgrade) to upgrade your actual exotic stuff in the mystic forge (same skin and same stat-combinitions).

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

No, I’m saying as opposed to WoW, you don’t have to grind in GW2. But you can, if you want.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

I agree Hopefully Laurels are not so rare to get and that Ascended gear isn’t too expensive in terms of them.
Well just have to wait and see.

Silentstorm.7531

I’m excited about the laurels I hope that gives us a reason to explore again.

Posted by: Grim.9274

Grim.9274

Still waiting on a confirmation or denial of the ascended necklaces being added to FotM vendor/daily chests for Pristine Fractal Relics. Hopefully they wont just throw these things to the cold like they have with the junk from every other update.

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

And i hope FotM gets screwed.

cesmode.4257

No, I’m saying as opposed to WoW, you don’t have to grind in GW2. But you can, if you want.

And in WoW you dont have to grind..i dont see the point? If you want the BiS gear, you go after it.

In WoW: Raids(boss drops), crafting(mats are a lot easier to come by), heroics, dallies grind(reliant only on yourself).

In GW2: Dungeon grind(reliant on a group), fractal grind(reliant on a group), crafting grind(reliant on yourself, but those T6 mats dont drop very nicely!…ectos too). Karma grind..

Grind is in GW2 as much as WoW.

VOLKON.1290

And in WoW you dont have to grind..i dont see the point? If you want the BiS gear, you go after it.

In WoW: Raids(boss drops), crafting(mats are a lot easier to come by), heroics, dallies grind(reliant only on yourself).

In GW2: Dungeon grind(reliant on a group), fractal grind(reliant on a group), crafting grind(reliant on yourself, but those T6 mats dont drop very nicely!…ectos too). Karma grind..

Grind is in GW2 as much as WoW.

The difference is between mandatory and optional. You do not, period, progress in WoW without taking part in the mandatory grind to do so.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Can’t wait to try this out.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Silentstorm.7531

I still don’t see the point of people freaking about fractal gear. I have pvp vids in WVW of me killing fractal gear players constantly. I don’t see a difference in power at all to be honest. A lot of us you tubers are saying the same thing it’s no big deal now that its all out there on film. If you want it take your time go get it as well.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

So vague is the teaser that we haven’t seen any of the usual pre-emptive market manipulation. Knowing that there are people with trembling fingers searching for the merest hint of news about new recipes makes me chuckle.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Gord.8654

Gord.8654

Before I start I want to say that I am extremely excited for this update. Everything sounds awesome and I can’t wait to jump in. That being said I am disappointed that there are no dragons in this new content. For the overall threat that the Elder Dragons impose in Tyria is a bit underwhelming. The battle with Zhaitan was well… I don’t even have to say it.

Now 7 months into the game I don’t expect to kill all the Dragons tha would be silly. But when I read Flame and Frost all that I could think of was a war between Primordus and Jourmag that impacted the world. I knkw I jumped the gun a bit but who didn’t?

So are we ever going to see more of the Elder dragons so that they do feel like a threat? Thanks

Host of SOTD Podcast www.sotdpodcastblog.wordpress.com

Silentstorm.7531

And if they do they better not be glorified flashlights with wings. That fire at you randomly missing 80% of the time and yelling at you lol…………

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

Quaggan backpacks, really? Could we have some actually medieval fantasy clothing for a change? Much like the outfits the NPCs wear? How about more emotes? Like an emote to sit in a chair or sit on a ledge? Alternative dances?

Otherwise, curious to see how the rest will come out.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

Quaggan backpacks, really? Could we have some actually medieval fantasy clothing for a change? Much like the outfits the NPCs wear? How about more emotes? Like an emote to sit in a chair or sit on a ledge? Alternative dances?

Otherwise, curious to see how the rest will come out.

there is a lot of kids playing gw2 probably.
we were jumping on candy cane during wintersday.
and there are “mini” toys to collect like in a princess bedroom.

basically, yeah, i dont like it either, it’s a business thing mostly, they care about dollars more than making a legendary game, and the numbers must be good!

i heard a new mature fantasy mmo might open doors soon.
but, nothing says if it have the smooth addictive gameplay of gw2!

(edited by Avatar.1923)

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

As I read it, the Quaggan backpack will be hidden in an RNG box… please tell me it isnt true? Please?
cries

I’m willing to bet a very large sum of gold the backpack will be obtained through an RNG chest of some kind, either directly or indirectly.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

As I read it, the Quaggan backpack will be hidden in an RNG box… please tell me it isnt true? Please?
cries

I’m willing to bet a very large sum of gold the backpack will be obtained through an RNG chest of some kind, either directly or indirectly.

Well you would lose, because Martin already stated that it can be directly bought from the gem store. (see below)

Though any other new items in the store could be, but I really hope that this isn’t the case.

I wonder if Anet learned anything from all the people who got frustrated with RNG in the last several holidays and will just sell the backpack directly instead of hiding it in a box

You can buy the quaggan backpack straight from the gem store.

(Apparently it doesn’t like me quoting Martin. see a couple posts down from the first one.)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

From what it sounds like laurels can be used to buy infusions but not the actual ascended gear itself, so no you probably can’t get ascended stuff simply by dong daily achievements.

Maid Of The Coast

juno.1840

From what it sounds like laurels can be used to buy infusions but not the actual ascended gear itself, so no you probably can’t get ascended stuff simply by dong daily achievements.

ANet has already stated that ascended rings and amulets will be available with Laurels. They’ve also stated that the gear will not have any agony resistance. However it’s still unknown if the ascended gear can be “infused” in the Forge like the ascended rings from Fractals. Most of that was conveyed in this topic already.

Posted by: Lumberjackth.3764

Lumberjackth.3764

“We’re making a ton of other improvements to the game this month, such as enhanced performance in WvW, tweaks to the dynamic level adjustment system”

Im curious if these changes will help make me feel more useful on my alt that Im trying to level up only in wvwvw. Currently an actual 80 can prolly kill 3 of my char at once =P

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

I wonder if lodestones will be on the laurels vendor, because some of them certainly have the worst RNG I have seen in this game thus far. I am talking about you charged lodestones.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

Posted by: Avatar.1923

farm my friend.

at least gw2 is nice enough that we don’t need to farm/grind to have the almost top of the line gear in term of stats.

for you out there who want to farm… well, you sure got a little carrot that is far far away.
have fun