January February mega upgrade

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BladeShock.2841

BladeShock.2841

Colin Johanson: "We have had major upgrades (Halloween and Wintersday Karkas) […] but actually January and February will be the biggest updates to date. Surpass in size to the work done in October, November and December. […] Those two months combined are basically an expansion … "

Words from an interview with Gaming Bolt.

What will be the expansion of mega upgrade January February?

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

raids,more asended gear and WvW updates and roll outs.

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

I hope it will include major bug fixes not only new content

Posted by: Black Regent.5897

Black Regent.5897

No new content until the current content works right, plzthxbye.

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Expect DE changes here

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

Seriously? Another content update? bashes head against keyboard

I realize that Anet has various teams of people working on different aspects of the game. ie: a team for bug fixes and a team for content. Seriously though, if they want me to continue to buy gems they need to fire some of those content designers and hire a few more bug fixers and whatnot. Right now I want a STABLE game that’s less buggy, not more content. Jeeze.

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

I realize that Anet has various teams of people working on different aspects of the game. ie: a team for bug fixes and a team for content. Seriously though, if they want me to continue to buy gems they need to fire some of those content designers and hire a few more bug fixers and whatnot. Right now I want a STABLE game that’s less buggy, not more content. Jeeze.

There will be some people who can create new content, but aren’t able to help fix bugs. For example, the people who work on an NPCs appearance.
Those people will be either making content or doing nothing.

I only have a problem if the people who could be fixing bugs are working on something other than bug fixes.

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

The trend in the MMO market at this time is to provide some type of new content every 3 to 6 months. Anet is just following this method. Don’t blame the.. blame the end user. There is the real proble.

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: infrequentia.3465

infrequentia.3465

anet has aways released conted on a 3 -6 month base >>
its just to bad every new content comes with more bugs wich will be fixed befor the old ones are taken care of

“If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.”

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

I think he’s referring to the fact that we will be getting updates across the board (WvW, sPvP, PvE) during those two months, where as the patches so far have been mostly for PvE. Looking forward to it!

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Update includes fixes.
I can’t wait to see the much needed Pistol Thief buffs.

Need a non-trenchcoat armor buff too though.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I hope crystal desert will open up as an explorable zone

I’m an explorer. I explore things!

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Update includes fixes.

This.

To be fair to Anet, I believe we’ll be seeing a lot of work done on both fronts. Expect good things, but not amazing things because then you increase your risk for disappointment.

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Gear check probably and other things from Wow
Maybe some zone where you have to have agony resistance and things like that

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

They’re probably adding ascended gear drops to the whole world (PvE, WvW, etc), like it was originally supposed to be at launch. That would impact everything, basically.

The AMA said that was the original plan, but they hadn’t quite balanced it or something, and Chris Whiteside made the call to go ahead with the Fractals-only ascended rollout. Which is why he got stuck doing an 8-hour Reddit AMA no doubt.

Posted by: Rolando.9437

Rolando.9437

If a beautiful girl says to you “I want to give you more”, you say: “Bring it on!!”, not: “Excuseme, but i cant fail to notice the extrange way you bend your left metatharsus while we are in the couch, so, until you fix that, I will not accept anything else”

Well… in fact you can say that, but then you dont like her.

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

No new content until the current content works right, plzthxbye.

Then you wouldn’t see new content for years. They can polish and polish and polish and never be truly finished… even after 5 years in dev the content is still buggy and not perfect.

I sometimes think people expectations on what can be done in X amount of time are a bit off.

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

Maybe they will implement things from this list:

Revamping all of our existing dungeons (Story and Explorable versions) through rebalance and overhauled encounters.
Adding new dungeons to the Fractal of the Mists.
Adding more variation to creatures, enhancing our open world scaling system, as well as evolving many events and experiences across Tyria.
Fixing and improving existing content throughout the game, and better tying it into the overall sense of player progression within Guild Wars 2.
Building on the Southsun Cove’s persistent content.
Adding new Guild content and Guild progression features.
Continuing to evolve PvP into an E-sport as outlined here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/structured-pvp-iceberg/
Adding brand new content to World vs. World as well as adding new reward progression.
Continuing to build upon the story and adventures of Guild Wars 2.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/chris-whiteside-on-the-lost-shores-and-beyond/

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

February is apparently a huge WvW update but I have no idea what January will be.

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

Please please PLEASE: Guildhalls.

Oh and making the Personal Instance less creepy and useless.

Posted by: Nevermore.5487

Nevermore.5487

Pvp rankings and detailed statistics I hope

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Update includes fixes.

Thieves and mesmers suffer the same problem as rogues in WoW; they are already so deadly in PvP with a couple of specific builds, arenanet doesn’t dare cut them a break and buff any of their other skills.

Alas, for us the only changes we’ll be seeing is nerfs or fixes

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Update includes fixes.

Thieves and mesmers suffer the same problem as rogues in WoW; they are already so deadly in PvP with a couple of specific builds, arenanet doesn’t dare cut them a break and buff any of their other skills.

Alas, for us the only changes we’ll be seeing is nerfs or fixes

Current WoW rogues are a dead class, suffering from being weak and every other class being able to do exactly what they can except better. I’m sure you were referring to the early days rogue though, and yeah they do suffer from not much change because it’s a delicate class and that has made it extremely boring to play with no major changes to it through the years unlike every single other class getting new mechanics and such.

Hopefully this doesn’t happen to thieves and mesmers in GW2 but I have quit the thief already since it’s a dull proff to begin with. It’s all about how stuff plays, diversity, and uniqueness. Thief uses 1-2 buttons on any given build 24/7. Not sure how anyone finds this fun or to have any sort of longevity but that’s for another topic.

From all the massive QQ from bads about thieves I’m sure they will be nerfed into the ground and suffer the same as the WoW rogue, useless and not played anymore. But I really don’t care about that profession any longer anyway. It will always be boring with its current mechanics.

I am hoping for D/D Ele invincibility nerf, even though I play one and it’s extremely fun to troll people it is obviously OP as hell unless you are CC chain focused down by a good group of players. And mesmers need more mobility through a passive or swiftness.

Warrior are ANets frost mage so I doubt anything coming for them except for more buffs. Rangers uh… yeah they are just neglected as all hell and forced to use a pet in GW2 why? I played around with ranger for years in GW1 and only used a pet for select builds like thumper etc.

Bugs, bugs and more bugs need to be fixed before they even bother with new content. You may say they have different teams for both but I’ll retort with what is the bug team fixing in the new content released while they are busy fixing the old bugs?

GvG still not in the game lolwut seriously this should be a #1 priority.
Guild Halls

How about they add the basics before worrying about other stuff.

Sorry for such a long post, some may not even be relevant to the thread I’m in rant mode

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: grumbles.5412

grumbles.5412

I’m with the guy hoping for guildhalls…. so want them.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: sonicwhip.9052

sonicwhip.9052

I’m kinda hoping they add some sort of dragon stuff to WvW.
and whatever happened to the bar fight minigame we were suppose to get?

Posted by: Ashes.6418

Ashes.6418

If a beautiful girl says to you “I want to give you more”, you say: “Bring it on!!”, not: “Excuseme, but i cant fail to notice the extrange way you bend your left metatharsus while we are in the couch, so, until you fix that, I will not accept anything else”

Well… in fact you can say that, but then you dont like her.

This is a poor philosophy to live by, that if you love something, then you cannot question it, or acknowledge its flaws.
I think it’s more important for us to be critical of a game we love, and to acknowledge its bugs and its flaws in game mechanics, and to strive for the game itself to become better than it is.
To love blindly is to live in ignorance.