January Monthly Achievement

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Squa.8107

Squa.8107

Just saw the new monthly and JP discovery is one of the bars. How does this work if you already have them all discovered. Am I not able to get the monthly reward for January? Doesn’t seem right if that is the case.

If simply redoing a JP counts then no worries but otherwise BOO Anet. All players should be able to achieve the monthly as has been the case since GW2 started.

Thoughts? Answers? (Would be nice to know what ANet says about this)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Off to test it now on an old JP

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

It counts if you’ve already done it.

You also don’t have to actually finish the jumping puzzle. I just poked my head into obsidian sanctum in WvW and got credit for it.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Traelia.8629

Traelia.8629

ok so all you need to do is go to the JP area and it pops as a count? going LA to try the 3 there and confirm. another dodgy monthly by anet if not… AND please get the WvW the F out of our PvE monthly…. thanks

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

You can do the same JP on different characters and get credit for it. So you can farm the same one over and over if you wanted.

Randulf.7614

Exactly as Wasabi says

Posted by: Squa.8107

Squa.8107

Thanks Everyone!!! I will go a check this out now myself

Side Note about the WvW remark…I know tons of people who enjoy the WvW but not the sPvP. They mainly do the WvW for the monthly or for a nice break from regular play and it is something they can enjoy unlike sPvP. Moving it to PvP Monthly would make them a lot less likely to do it at all or as much as they would never get the PvP monthly.

Traelia.8629

yes Squa i understand your WvW comment but as u say, they do it for the monthly. moving it to PvP monthly will make them less likely.. ofc but they do it atm as a “have to…. but bearable.” An achievement thats not PvP based would be a better option, or maybe they need a PvE, PvP and WvW monthly..

Posted by: nawrasz.6219

nawrasz.6219

Do the borderlands JPs count for all 3 maps or just for 1?

Wasabi Kitty.8247

ok so all you need to do is go to the JP area and it pops as a count? going LA to try the 3 there and confirm. another dodgy monthly by anet if not… AND please get the WvW the F out of our PvE monthly…. thanks

I fail to see where it’s labeled as “PvE monthly” mind pointing it out for me?

Traelia.8629

If there is a PvP monthly clearly stated then is it wrong to consider the other Pve? or do we have a "Mush"monthly and a PvP monthly??

Wasabi Kitty.8247

If there is a PvP monthly clearly stated then is it wrong to consider the other Pve? or do we have a "Mush"monthly and a PvP monthly??

We have a structured pvp monthly (that gives rewards strictly for spvp) and a monthly that covers the other aspects of the game.

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

This is going to draw in alot of hate for this monthly ~ bad bad anet

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Posted by: Berobad.4536

Berobad.4536

Will there ever be a monthly without the fractals again?

Traelia.8629

We have a structured pvp monthly (that gives rewards strictly for spvp) and a monthly that covers the other aspects of the game.

So then do we get a fractal monthly, a crafting monthly, a dungeon monthly, an exploration monthly… the line between PvP and Pve is solid. Yes i get the sPvP monthly but why force ppl to WvW – a form of PvP for a monthly? maybe a WvW monthly – kill 50 invaders, take 5 caravans, use 30 supply etc.

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

So, we’re expected to do 30 JPs? Thats about all the JPs in the game, no way will most players be able to finish this monthly ~ this needs nerfing anet.

If you can ‘repeat’ the same JP then its not so bad..

Get it taken down -

Posted by: patasde.6087

patasde.6087

ANET please explain that Jumping monthly achivement its not too long i did al JPs and sped whole day doing them… now i must do them again?

(edited by patasde.6087)

Posted by: Berobad.4536

Berobad.4536

So, we’re expected to do 30 JPs? Thats about all the JPs in the game, no way will most players be able to finish this monthly ~ this needs nerfing anet.

Well it’s very likely that we will be able to repeat the JPs and still have them count towards the monthly.

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

I hope this doesn’t mean they will be adding a whole slew of more jumping puzzles in the upcoming patch. We need more attention to the combat system, class balance, more skills, etc…enough of that gimmicky console platforming garbage. If i wanted to play Mario, i have a DS for that.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Well it’s very likely that we will be able to repeat the JPs and still have them count towards the monthly.

Well, alts running JPs count so thats not too bad, I’m guessing that every reset the JPs will count again, so even if most people are bad at JPs, just repeating the easier ones should be enough,

Get it taken down -

Traelia.8629

Ive just tested and can confirm.. if you have already done a JP but enter the area with the same char you will get the point. Tested at mount maelstrom. All i did was walk into the JP area, i DID NOT need to do the jump again!)

Randulf.7614

I found, and completed the Kessex Hills one. Got the normal jp achievement, but never the monthly. Odd

patasde.6087

i DID NOT need to do the jump again!)

thanks god, bud still we have to run on map to JPs again to get this done

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

I had to do the JP for it to count for me

Get it taken down -

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

This is the question that REALLY needs to be answered.

I find Fractals fun to play, but I don’t want it to be forced on me every single month to complete the monthly reqs.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

patasde.6087

so propably if u havent done it before u must do i completele and if u done it u just need to go to entrance

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

I find Fractals fun to play, but I don’t want it to be forced on me every single month to complete the monthly reqs.

It’s 7 Fractals guys. As in run 1 and 2 and you’re done.

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

so propably if u havent done it before u must do i completele and if u done it u just need to go to entrance

No, I did them. It seems some of them I had to do the JP, but others I noticed it counted without doing them, weird.

Get it taken down -

Posted by: FallenTear.3710

FallenTear.3710

Pls remove JP on Monthly, Anet.
I really hate JP !
I’m okay with fractal, 7 fratal about 2h > 3hour .
But JP ? Hollycrap, I just hate one thing in Gw2 which called JP.

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

Seriously? I have to leave LA to complete my monthly?! Frankly, I’m offended and I’m frustrated.

I should be able to stand at the Trading Post all day, and be able to complete my Dailies and my Monthly. It’s not fair that Anet forces me against my will to do things that I don’t want to do.

cry cry whine whine

And on a slightly more serious note. All you have to do is step foot into a single jumping puzzle once a day. If this is too much, then perhaps you’re just one of those people who can’t be satisfied. The same to those who cry about WvW. Killing two people a day takes less than 10mins. If you can’t afford that much time in a game, perhaps you have bigger problems that you should attend to rather than wasting time here.

This may be a little harsh, but seriously people, come on. The monthly is a reward for players playing various aspects of the game. They are not going to give a different monthly to players who run dungeons, players who WvW, players who explore, players who enjoy jumping, and players who do nothing but sit in LA. That’s just ridiculous.

Even if they did, people would still complain. Anet cannot satisfy everyone here, so just suck it up, and spend 10mins a day doing something you don’t enjoy. I’m sure it isn’t the only thing.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

(edited by Gisei.5749)

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

So then do we get a fractal monthly, a crafting monthly, a dungeon monthly, an exploration monthly… the line between PvP and Pve is solid. Yes i get the sPvP monthly but why force ppl to WvW – a form of PvP for a monthly? maybe a WvW monthly – kill 50 invaders, take 5 caravans, use 30 supply etc.

Because WvW is considered part of the pve world. SPvP is 100% separate as far as the game is concerned (apart from bag space, grrr), which is why it has its own monthly. Fractals, dungeons, events, wvw and all that is part of the “PvE” part of the game and is therefore in the general daily/monthly achievements.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Traelia.8629

Because WvW is considered part of the pve world. SPvP is 100% separate as far as the game is concerned (apart from bag space, grrr), which is why it has its own monthly. Fractals, dungeons, events, wvw and all that is part of the “PvE” part of the game and is therefore in the general daily/monthly achievements.

How can WvW be considered as PvE? dont get me wrong.. I WvW and enjoy it. My arguement is that Pve is Player vs environment. WvW is not that. In WvW we primarily fight vs other players… Im quite happy to get my achie there but i have guild friends and RL friends that dont agree with me. they dont want to stand outside some fort spamming aoe just to get a monthly (hoping to tag ppl) , with rewards that are for pve players.. These ppl have to change builds to hope to tag WvW (PvP) ppl for kills to count towards the 50 total each month.

Traelia.8629

And then if WvW is considered Pve then the Npc kills u get in the WvW maps should count towards the total x/50 WvW kills..

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

every month = why is wvw pve.

every month = the same answer.

just nike it. devs have stated that wvw == pve.

50 kills is like..what 1-2 hours of wvw? you might as well get all your monthly events done while you’re there too. 2 birds 1 stone

Traelia.8629

then include npc kills in WvW towards monthly. im happy to take 100 kills vs invaders, my arguement is for those ppl that are all vs npc… i have friends that hate pvp in anyway. and WvW is PvP whatever way u try to sell it. to get kills u need to kill PvP opponents.

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

How can WvW be considered as PvE? dont get me wrong.. I WvW and enjoy it. My arguement is that Pve is Player vs environment. WvW is not that. In WvW we primarily fight vs other players… Im quite happy to get my achie there but i have guild friends and RL friends that dont agree with me. they dont want to stand outside some fort spamming aoe just to get a monthly (hoping to tag ppl) , with rewards that are for pve players.. These ppl have to change builds to hope to tag WvW (PvP) ppl for kills to count towards the 50 total each month.

It’s just how they defined it. For example any “pvp” skill balance changes will not affect WvW, only SPvP. They could have separated it into a WvW Monthly and I wouldn’t complain. In fact I’d be rather happy, as that would be more incentive to WvW as right now I only do WvW when I can get at least a few guildies to roam or an alliance guild has a group out.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

This is going to draw in alot of hate for this monthly ~ bad bad anet

Funny thing is I think there well aware of that, And i also think thats awesome :P

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

then include npc kills in WvW towards monthly. im happy to take 100 kills vs invaders, my arguement is for those ppl that are all vs npc… i have friends that hate pvp in anyway. and WvW is PvP whatever way u try to sell it. to get kills u need to kill PvP opponents.

or just AOE the crap out of area’s were other people are doing the real killing… thats somthing even the worst PVEer can handle

Posted by: voyager.4982

voyager.4982

or just AOE the crap out of area’s were other people are doing the real killing… thats somthing even the worst PVEer can handle

True, but it incentivizes poor play. Your advice is sound, but it boils down to “enter wvw, join the zerg, and mash your face on the keyboard until you hit 50”

WvW already has too much zergfestiness to it. I don’t necessarily mind having a wvw element in the monthly, but it’s always PKs, which is almost completely non-strategic, and often counter to good strategy.

Posted by: Zedrix.2104

Zedrix.2104

I just did 4 JPs that I’ve done before, and none counted.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I did 3 ive done before and got credit for all 3.

Btw, you don’t need to complete, just discover the entrance.

critickitten.1498

It’s not about the number of times we have to run it, it’s the fact that, a full two months after this new dungeon was released, we’re still expected to run it every month like clockwork. I could understand it being a requirement for the month of November, maybe even December, but January too? Is it really going to be a forced monthly requirement for all of the foreseeable future?

I seem to recall the devs saying that they didn’t want us feeling as though we were “forced to run dungeons at endgame”, yet that’s exactly what this is. We’re being forced to run dungeons to fulfill our monthly quota. And I don’t mind Fractals much, but for those who aren’t fond of it (or worse, quit over it), it’s really not smart to keep shoving it down their throats every month.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

It’s not about the number of times we have to run it, it’s the fact that, a full two months after this new dungeon was released, we’re still expected to run it every month like clockwork. I could understand it being a requirement for the month of November, maybe even December, but January too? Is it really going to be a forced monthly requirement for all of the foreseeable future?

I seem to recall the devs saying that they didn’t want us feeling as though we were “forced to run dungeons at endgame”, yet that’s exactly what this is. We’re being forced to run dungeons to fulfill our monthly quota. And I don’t mind Fractals much, but for those who aren’t fond of it (or worse, quit over it), it’s really not smart to keep shoving it down their throats every month.

I see so i guess if you cant do your monthly they will close your account? What monsters they are!

So ya i think this is going to happen every month it will changes but there will always be a sub group of ppl who will not like it.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: typhon.3794

typhon.3794

As others have stated, you do not have to complete the puzzle to get the achievement. You only have to find it. I got 10 by just walking into the entrances and not completing it.

I also got points toward it for puzzles I had already completed when I did them.

I’m pretty sure you are going to be able to repeat every day anyways.

Posted by: Lucky.4263

Lucky.4263

i just want FotM off of the monthly… so sick and tired of them force feeding us that crap, i dont give a kitten about yur accended gear its a half arsed cookie cutter power creep-machanic to try and give the illusion of prgression… i will run in exotics and wrk towards legendary till the games dying breath and if the games pve starts centering aroud agony il just quit plan an simple /end rant

(edited by Lucky.4263)

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

The second I saw the new monthly achievements, I knew people would be whining and moaning over it. None of the jumping puzzles are particularly difficult. Furthermore, there are 42 jumping puzzles, including the 4 found in W3. That’s a grand total of 38 non-PvP JPs you can do, which happens to be 8 over what is required. Don’t even get me started on the kids whining about having to get kills in W3.

People complain too much.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Would any of you like some cheese with all that whine? Seriously, people, get a grip.
@Those complaining about WvW: Suck it up. If you hate it so much, don’t do it. It’s your choice.
@Those complaining about JPs: I’d have much rather have them do it “complete 30 different jumping puzzles”. It’s an achievement for crying out load. You are supposed to achieve smth for it.
@Those complaining about fractals: Deal with it. Used to be “complete dungeons”. Which also sucked for some people, but we didn’t complain on every corner, did we?

@All complainers: Nobody is holding a gun to your head. Don’t wanna do it? Well, then…don’t. They actually listened to suggestion and added stuff people wanted to see in it(the events and JPs). Just because they didn’t listen to you doesn’t make it a bad choice.

Lastly: To complete the JP part you literally have to look at the start of a puzzle. You can get the same puzzle to count on different chars(I just scored 15 points from LA). It’s a total of 30.

critickitten.1498

I see so i guess if you cant do your monthly they will close your account? What monsters they are!

So ya i think this is going to happen every month it will changes but there will always be a sub group of ppl who will not like it.

See, these are the sorts of posts that should be getting infractions, but never do. This poster has contributed absolutely nothing to the discussion at all, and has very blatantly trolled me. I’d like to see a moderator deal with this post, but I won’t hold my breath.

Again, since you didn’t read the post the first time: I myself don’t mind running Fractals, but plenty of other people do. And a lot of players quit the game because of the update that Fractals helped introduce. It is extremely unwise for the dev team to keep forcing people to run Fractals when they don’t want to. If players feel like they’re being railroaded into something they don’t want to do, they’re not going to do it, they’ll just stop playing.

This isn’t one of those “people are always gonna complain” things, there is no legitimate reason for Fractals to still be on the monthly achievements list. It made sense in November because it was part of the update, and you could argue they were still trying to push it in December. But it’s now January. And in fact, keeping it on the list violates their promise of not being forced to run dungeons at endgame. “But you’re not forced to do achievements”, you say. Sure you’re not….if you’re a hardcore player. If you’re a casual player, this is your primary means of keeping up with the folks who farm the game like they’re possessed. Daily and monthly are the easiest way for you to get karma and forge tokens. So yes, if you’re a casual, you’re being “encouraged” to run something you may not want to run just to keep up with other players, and that makes it a violation of the “no grinding dungeons at endgame” promise.

I would love to hear a real reason why Fractals should stay on the monthly achievement list. Let’s have it.

(edited by critickitten.1498)

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

I found, and completed the Kessex Hills one. Got the normal jp achievement, but never the monthly. Odd

Yeah for some reason that one doesn’t count to Monthly. Winter Wonderland doesn’t count either, but that probably because it a holiday JP.

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

I would love to hear a real reason why Fractals should stay on the monthly achievement list. Let’s have it.

Because the game developers decided it’s best. Kind of obvious, don’t you think?