January is our small update?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

Ok ArenaNet said January would be the small patch but February looks even smaller? Is there something i’m missing?

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

It looks small at first glance, but I think there are 2 possibilites.

1) They didn’t reveal everything
2) The guild missions will be a big thing. I wouldn’t be surprised if other guild upgrades made their way in. Also the living story event will most likely be a bigger part of the update than January.

Posted by: DJSkittles.7196

DJSkittles.7196

Try to be optimistic, “don’t judge a book by its cover.” However, When the 26th rolls around and they release that book and you get 50 pages in and decide its complete crap….feel free to throw that book in the fireplace and tell all your friends about how it was worse than 50 shades of gray…

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

The cover for January looked good tho I want more quaggan stuff

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

February update was touted as the big one for WvW however that has been postponed until March. It is now clear the Q1 2013 updates do not nearly add up to an expansion worth of content. That said its still pretty good.

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

do you want more smaller things or fewer but big?

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

February was intended to have “the” mighty WvW update. But as it has been delayed, a big portion of the content was taken away. So judging from the stuff that will come, it seems it will be smaller than the January patch.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

February was intended to have “the” mighty WvW update. But as it has been delayed, a big portion of the content was taken away. So judging from the stuff that will come, it seems it will be smaller than the January patch.

No offense but I’d much rather have delayed but polished content than rushed garbage.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Blackwyn.8127

No offense but I’d much rather have delayed but polished content than rushed garbage.

None taken and I agree. I was just replying with an answer to the actual topic.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

It’s possible this isn’t all. It’s also possible that it is.

CJ has said before that they don’t go into specifics until their 100% sure they know what’s going to be included in the patch.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

I thought Feb looked huge….. Lots of updates

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

You think a new PvP map, Guild missions (possibly revolutionizing guild purpose in this game), another update to dailies, and another form of rated PvP is a small update?

Blackwyn.8127

You think a new PvP map, Guild missions (possibly revolutionizing guild purpose in this game), another update to dailies, and another form of rated PvP is a small update?

That’s not the point my friend. We’re relatively comparing what could potentially be the February patch to January’s patch. January’s patch would be the patch that would set the ground for the upcoming patches and was pointed out as a “a very small patch compared to the upcoming ones”. Naturally it was pretty big compared to what everyone was expecting.

But the February patch as it seems right now, looks smaller in content than the January patch (which was suppose to be a small patch compared to the February patch). Which leads to disappointment in that sense, not in the actual patch as I think we’re quite happy in what they’re bringing in on the February patch.

It’s just that when someone says that one thing is going to be very small compared to the next thing, and the next thing ends up being smaller instead. Your expectations tend to go down the drain, even if the content itself is still pretty cool.

But as I mentioned before, that is to be expected as the big WvW update was intended to be in the February patch, which it now isn’t.

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

It will still be all of the Feb changes they envision, only without the WvW content. That said, March was already going to be huge, but now it’ll have the WvW stuff also, so March is going to be MASSIVE.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

So basically it is now: Jan small, Feb even smaller, March Massive? Maybe it will be March small, April Massive due to delays.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

I belive ANet wanted to do more but surely it was delayed. This isn’t that BIG they promissed, I guess we may see it later on.

For Now I hope this month updates are big enough, for guilds… And mostly, Living Story, last month one was useless, really no way that’s enough content for a month.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.