Jewelcrafting: Defunct Craft?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

Q:

So, I’m just curious as to whether there are any plans to breathe new life into the Jeweler craft as, currently, it is capped at 400 and is, for the most part, rather pointless. It seems like a bit of a newbie trap at the moment, in my opinion, since newer players may not realize that, if they choose Jeweler as one of their crafts, they will be levelling a defunct craft.

I would love to see the ability to craft minis, toys, or other miscellaneous goodies since actual gear (rings, amulets, etc) seems pointless what with the availability of exotics through other means (laurels, badges, etc) unless there are plans to introduce Legendary jewelry along with the Legendary armours.

Ultimately, though, I’d love to see Jeweler become a “fun and quirky” crafting profession as I feel that that would be a means to make it relevant, more or less.

Thoughts?

Posted by: Roguedemonhunter.9621

Roguedemonhunter.9621

I wish to see Jewel-crafting 401-500.

Features required.

• First and foremost; Ascended crafting (incorporating gold and silver ore along with platinum just like current ascended time gated material making for the other crafts that do so).

*Second and perhaps even more important considering the vast number of ways to get random ascended’s as rewards and bought with laurels etc. A crafted and tradable item just like the inscription/insignia’s of other crafts- that can be coupled with the items from the mystic forge vendor to change the stats of those existing ascended rings/amulet/accessories. After all, fair is fair. It’s high time Jewelcrafters enjoy the same benefit the others do.

*The “optional additions”.

They would need to clone some of the Artifice specials. Certainly compounding the various lucks into ‘larger luck’ and the compounding of Agony resistance with stat combos to socket into weapons/armor/jewelry…. I have a feeling that Scribe might be snagging this too anyway.

Your gadget idea is fun and I think artifice could share some of them. Not sure how- your pet idea sure; some jeweled Faberge’ like clockwork or animate carvings.

I would like to see jewelcrafter’s/arties get the ability to craft consumable -usable from one’s inventory ability items. These would be much like the consumables we can find throughout the world from npcs after we unlock them. Some can simply be copy pasted even from existing ones. They could be discovered and or reverse engineered from those found in the world. For balance sake of course- they would be pve and largely open map and personal story capable only as they currently are. Even so they would be a nice touch. This version of the consumable should not be bound to account- thus giving both arties and jewelcrafter’s something neat and tradable.

Classify it as Tinkering?

I would love if an “ready” slot could be added as an F6 ability but I’m fine with them being activated from inventory myself… It would be easier for folks not used to employing them with that functionality though.

Another thing missing is a stat buffing utility consumable. Perhaps the stats that are untouched by the other’s by and large and popular by their own design/desire for HoT.

For example; variants and combinations of Expertise/Resistance/Healing percentage/vitality/toughness as they go up in levels?

Toughness buff and Taunt on a hard cc?

Lots of different possibilities untouched by sharpening stones, maintenance oil etc.

Summary——

Anet could do marvelous things with a expansion to Jewelcrafting. I hope they do.

It would be nice.

Plus it would be cool if Silver and Gold were actually as valuable as their level range wooden counterparts at least. (eyeroll) ;p

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I’m holding to my gold and silver hoards for exactly this reason.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe jewelry at level 500 could craft items that have cosmetic features. An aura (like the Queen Bee aura or the Fervid Censer backpacks that have little insects flying around or the wind-catcher backpack with its swirling winds) or changes a person’s color, like the poly luminescent trinkets. Or they could change a person’s hair or hands/arms in some manner.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I totally understand your point, OP. Aside from level 80 exotics, Jewelcrafting (and cooking) have little use.

It would be nice to see them expand, possibly extending to high tier/speciality inventory bags, backpieces, special upgrades, boosters (and as mentioned before me), speciality aesthetic items. What about crafting minis and tonics? An exclusive outfit?

However, I think it’s more likely that they get developed further in the way that they have been currently used. Mawdrey, for example, requires quite a bit of jewelcrafting/cooking to develop. It would be great to see more high-tier items be highly requiring of these crafting professions.