Jeweler, first maxed on release, never used.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fox Reeveheart.1890

Fox Reeveheart.1890

This was at release of GW2, I thought I could get ahead of the game, that everyone was simply go weapon/armor crafting of the class they were maining, which for the most part was true. Being among those first to sprint to 80, there was a short time where I was able to turn a bit of good profit, because there was no stable prices on anything. Then prices went stable and there was no point in crafting anymore.

Jump to now and I realize I have almost never touched my jeweler crafting since I maxed it. I can’t think of anything you do with crafting that is useful.

Jeweler has no 500 grandmaster either, so that leaves it a bit in the dust. I sit around and twiddle my thumbs and scratch my head at times, just wondering what point I have for jeweler crafting at this point.

Am I honestly missing something? I’m dumbfounded on what I can do here.

Posted by: Aceofsppades.6873

Aceofsppades.6873

Jeweler can craft exotic level trinkets of new stat set that can only be crafted such as vipers (black diamond)

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I used it to craft some platinum ingots the other day for my Astralaria.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

For some reason they abandoned jewelry when they made ascended trinkets purchaseable with laurels. They could have made the laurels part of the crafting of ascended trinkets if they needed to have a use for them, but they didn’t. Then they’ve tied another possible option, cosmetic uses of trinkets such as the various infusions, to drops when those could have been crafted also. At this point I don’t see a future for jewelry. Even if other possibilities come up so far ANet has shown they don’t think up jewelry as a way to get things.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

What do you mean you can’t think of anything to do with it? Do you not make and gear alts? I could have hit 500 Jeweler twice over with all the exotic trinkets I’ve made. This month alone I made a couple celestial earrings and a full set of marauders.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I make orbs on mine and occasionally platinum ingots

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

What do you mean you can’t think of anything to do with it? Do you not make and gear alts? I could have hit 500 Jeweler twice over with all the exotic trinkets I’ve made. This month alone I made a couple celestial earrings and a full set of marauders.

I’ve made and geared up each of my 10 level 80s and used my accumulated laurels/commendations to buy ascended trinkets, not crafted exotic ones. Since ascended trinkets are account bound I loaned trinkets from old, not currently used alts to new alts if I didn’t have enough to get a full set right away.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Do you not make and gear alts? I could have hit 500 Jeweler twice over with all the exotic trinkets I’ve made.

I have enough ascended rings and accessories to gear my alts twice over. Actually a lot more than twice, I could gear up about 30 characters in full ascended accessories. Rings drop like candy in fractals and chests, and laurels and badges have little use other than gearing up.

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

It would be nice for the jeweler profession to get some interesting items to craft, even if they were just cosmetic.

Especially because silver and gold ore are insanely plentiful and barely useful.

Like many others here have mentioned already; there was no need to craft exotic rings and such because ascended are easy to get.

I do transmogrify some items to be sold when I have acquired enough of the mats via normal game play. The profits don’t equal the work if you try to buy them in my opinion though. Farming for wood yields more gold per hour with a fraction of the effort.

Jewelers are starving while lumberjacks are raking in the $$$ all over Tyria.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

ArenaNet did a very poor job with crafting in general, and an especially poor job with Jeweler. Like so much of this game, you can tell there were too many ideas regarding crafting and not enough strong leadership and clear vision to take the good, weed out the bad, and meld the rest into a finely-tuned machine.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

This was at release of GW2, I thought I could get ahead of the game, that everyone was simply go weapon/armor crafting of the class they were maining, which for the most part was true. Being among those first to sprint to 80, there was a short time where I was able to turn a bit of good profit, because there was no stable prices on anything. Then prices went stable and there was no point in crafting anymore.

Jump to now and I realize I have almost never touched my jeweler crafting since I maxed it. I can’t think of anything you do with crafting that is useful.

Jeweler has no 500 grandmaster either, so that leaves it a bit in the dust. I sit around and twiddle my thumbs and scratch my head at times, just wondering what point I have for jeweler crafting at this point.

You got profit at the time, and achieves and gear, and you probably went on to do other craftign professions so its all good is it not? You weren’t worried about it when you start playing, or 2 years ago, or 10 months ago – why now?

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

What if we could craft ascended trinkets wouldn’t that be insane guys

Posted by: RIEen.9473

RIEen.9473

Grow lamp used to be profitable (10g +/-), until the price of quartz crystals jumped up. Now they are more like 2g profit every 10 days. I changed my toon with Jewling to Weaponcrafting due to more profit there.

Posted by: Fox Reeveheart.1890

Fox Reeveheart.1890

You got profit at the time, and achieves and gear, and you probably went on to do other craftign professions so its all good is it not? You weren’t worried about it when you start playing, or 2 years ago, or 10 months ago – why now?

at the time i wanted gold, now i actually want to craft things for myself