Joined too many parties?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

Did u guys seriously add this to the lfg system?! u really didnt think this out. if ur going to make something like this in the game at least make it so if someone joins ur party u have to accept them before they actually get in. i put, LF4M experienced players new path for TA. i had about 5 newbies try to join my party, 700ap was the highest of them all and a couple of them were under lvl 50. of course i left the parties! i said experienced players and no wipes also. u guys REALLY need to look into this. make it so we can see the lvl of the person trying to join the party and we can accept or decline. also, we shouldnt not be able to join groups if we joined alot, it should be more like, if we join a dungeon and leave more then a couple times during a certain time frame, then we cant use the lfg tool for a bit.

Posted by: veasna.3675

veasna.3675

wow that system is messed up. I hope they fix it.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

This was poorly written, -1/10

don’t complain if you can’t make a sound argument.

Beast Sos.1457

wow that system is messed up. I hope they fix it.

It sure is! i still cant join a group almost 30mins later.

Beast Sos.1457

Poorly written or not u need to grow up. English is my 4th language so maybe that should clarify it for u. ignorant ppl like u need to keep to themselves or learn how to converse with others.

Posted by: Narhim.7345

Narhim.7345

the same – 30 min = not a change, restart of client seems to fix it…
@ Beast, ignore him, he is a troll

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Poorly written or not u need to grow up. English is my 4th language so maybe that should clarify it for u. ignorant ppl like u need to keep to themselves or learn how to converse with others.

Sorry if not everyone symphatizes with your elitist mindset…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I joined a group, I think it either got disbanded or I got booted (before we even entered the dungeon mind you) and then I was told I’d joined too many groups.

I… joined a single group.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

700ap was the highest of them all

So? AP’s meaningless.

Beast Sos.1457

the same – 30 min = not a change, restart of client seems to fix it…
@ Beast, ignore him, he is a troll

Thanks for the tip, it worked perfect for me yeah i see that! but i had to comment bc ignorance really bothers me.

Beast Sos.1457

700ap was the highest of them all

So? AP’s meaningless.

At a certain point ap is meaningless but when someone has under 1300 ap, they usually just hit lvl 80, still rolling in greens and blues, maybe some rares. i dont have a problem with new ppl to the game but i do have a problem with ppl who ignore the post that clearly said, LF4M Experienced players only no wipes new path.

Beast Sos.1457

I joined a group, I think it either got disbanded or I got booted (before we even entered the dungeon mind you) and then I was told I’d joined too many groups.

I… joined a single group.

Woow that is just bad. Anet really needs to address this problem.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

…Am I the only one who read the OP and thought, “Awesome, those 4-5 newbies all got into a party with each other, so they’re all on the same footing!” ?

But, in seriousness, I do think asking for join confirmation, like in a normal party-joining scenario, would be good. Just seems practical.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Beast Sos.1457

This has nothing to do with being a elitist. this post is about a bad design in the LFG system. and even if it was about me being a elitist, there is nothing wrong with that. as long as i dont bother anyone for not being a “good” player or troll newbies then it should not bother u or anyone else.

Beast Sos.1457

…Am I the only one who read the OP and thought, “Awesome, those 4-5 newbies all got into a party with each other, so they’re all on the same footing!” ?

But, in seriousness, I do think asking for join confirmation, like in a normal party-joining scenario, would be good. Just seems practical.

lmaooo that would of been awesome but to bad it wasnt like that its was more like, a lvl 50 would joined me, and id leave the party, then a lvl 78 joined and then i would leave again, and so on i dont have a problem with playing with newbies unless i specifically ask for experienced players.

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

So which i better: someone who only wants level 80 people joining a level 80 dungeon joining parties and then quiting out on them or someone who only wants level 80 people in a dungeon run being able to screen potential players and allow/disallow people without the hassle of ditching people?

It’s not a matter of elitism because people who want level 80 pugs to join a level 80 dungeon are going to kick or leave a bunch of level 50 pugs regardless of whether the game makes preventing such a situation easy or a hassle.

Posted by: Ballistic Tomato.3908

Ballistic Tomato.3908

please remove this garbage and unnecessary crap from the game

thanks

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

There’s also another occurrence of this problem. Some parties are getting filled up very quickly, i.e. Tequatl taxi or Lab taxi, and when you press join, but you’re a tiny bit too late and didn’t actually join, system counts as if you actually did and blocks you out for no reason.

Posted by: Luna Peregrina.5708

Luna Peregrina.5708

Can we please get rid of this? It is stupid.
It makes taxi-ing a godkitten ordeal when trying to find a half decent Teq map or SW map and I see no serious reason as to why this is needed.

Edit: It’s been about 15-20mins now and I still can’t join a party. I only joined 2-3 parties, when trying to find a decent map.

Edit #2: Been nearly 30mins now. At least give a time when your ‘ban’ on joining groups will be lifted. Don’t say ‘Please wait a moment’.

Edit #3: So after all this time, it was finally lifted. I joined one taxi. And now I can’t join again. Seriously.

This really needs to be revised. So many events and dungeons wasted waiting for this. And for what? Cause I joined more than one group? It is hard to find a decent map on first shot.

#endrant

Ruby Lauffeuer – Asura Ranger
Officer of Midway [mWAY] – Dragonbrand
~Veni Vivi Dormivi~

(edited by Luna Peregrina.5708)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

You do know that the new path is made for lvl 80 and thats why he wrote what he did right?

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

That has nothing to do with elitism, now ur just being soar

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Lemuria.3195

Lemuria.3195

I do think it needs a minimum level check, especially for some higher level content LFG’s. However, I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone who ditches parties based on AP. If you’ve dropped because of that, then you’re the problem this system is trying to correct, so trying to make yourself sound like a victim is rather hypocritical.

If you want other ‘expert’ players, team up with guildies instead. At least you know what you’re getting.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

before you can tell anyone to grow up, you really have to refrain from using txt-speak. It makes you look like a raging teenager. Fourth language or not, I doubt whoever taught you English used that lingo.

edit: while I am actually on your side when it comes to the topic, your raging, juvenile writing and insulting around here aren´t that great to further your cause.

(edited by Algreg.3629)

Posted by: Lex Domino.6283

Lex Domino.6283

kitten ed necromancers.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Year old thread, guys. Year old thread.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

So, since this thread is a year old, that prolly means this problem has been fixed already, right?

Posted by: fabd.7026

fabd.7026

There’s also another occurrence of this problem. Some parties are getting filled up very quickly, i.e. Tequatl taxi or Lab taxi, and when you press join, but you’re a tiny bit too late and didn’t actually join, system counts as if you actually did and blocks you out for no reason.

This bug is still alive and well!

This is a really stupid system. When I do fractals I leave the party that is forming up if I dont see a balanced group. That is my choice! I am simply leaving a party that is forming and hasn’t started the fractal, no harm is done at all. Yet I get punished with a long time out for it.

Posted by: cyfinity.2078

cyfinity.2078

can confirm still happens to me daily. happened twice today already, i guess they don’t intend on lfg working