Joining in on Fractals

Joining in on Fractals

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

So I’ve been away from GW2 for a little bit and am coming back with one of my fresh 80s, to get a fresh new look on the game and see what has changed since mid last year.

Four main things stand out that I am curious about:

A) Are Fractals still the big thing?

B) In order to hit the current average group level in Fractals, do I have to do EVERY fractal level up that point? IE: If I’m a fresh 80, and most folks are hovering around Fractal level 30, do I have to do 1, 2, 3 – 30? I don’t mind the effort, but if my attempts to find a level 1 group are any indicator, I’m in for a very VERY long wait if I have to scream LFG for every single level. 0_o

C) Have they added an LFG tool that I’m missing so I don’t have to scream LFG anymore? =D As nostalgic as doing that is, my nostalgia goggles have worn off and I’m ready for some automation. hehe

D) Has Arenanet made mention of some 2014 plans? In particular, if there will be a level increase this year?

Thanks!

Joining in on Fractals

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Fractals are still a thing. As long as the level of the fractal is above your personal fractal level, it will increase your level. Yes, there is an LFG tool. As for future plans, there are a few things they’re planning, I think, but I’m too lazy to look them up.

Joining in on Fractals

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Fractals are still a thing. As long as the level of the fractal is above your personal fractal level, it will increase your level. Yes, there is an LFG tool. As for future plans, there are a few things they’re planning, I think, but I’m too lazy to look them up.

Awesome! Thank you for the response.

So if I’m at level 1 fractal, and do a level 9 fractal, do I go up to level 2 when I finish, or level 9?

Joining in on Fractals

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

you go up to lvl 2

Joining in on Fractals

Posted by: Bladorthin.6429

Bladorthin.6429

I am a returning player as well. Here are answers to two of your questions. Kaos answered the others:

1) You will only advance 1 Personal Level (i.e. if you are FL 1 and do a 9, you will only go to 2). There are no increased rewards for doing fractals higher than your own.

2) You don’t have to complete an entire Arc, although I am not sure if you have to complete 1 entire Fractal or if you join during the boss fight you receive credit. I did join once on the third fractal, then did the boss fight and received a full reward.

Hope this helps!