Jormag drop rate [Merged thread]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ageia.5843

Ageia.5843

Not really sure Tigirius. As I said, I started playing about three months ago and from the time I was high enough level to run Jormag, I’ve gotten an handful of useless whites and vendor junk only from the ‘chest’ and nothing from the body.

Posted by: Avan.1540

Avan.1540

I thought the chest could only drop a minimum of blues. I’ve gotten all blues before, but never a white from it. Whites will drop from the mobs though.

The body never gave anything.

20+ Charracters – Charr only player – NA Kaineng
Give Charr armor some more love!
Let us show our spots, stripes, or lack-there-of in style.

Posted by: captaincrunch.6731

captaincrunch.6731

There is no body to claim loot from.

I’ve noticed that I was getting terrible drops from all the adds myself, but figured I just had a string of terrible luck. I used to get a few rares, a bunch of t6 claws, and maybe a lodestone or two from the elementals. Recently I’ve done the entire event and gotten nothing but blues and trophies several times.

The actual chest has been pretty consistent for me (a few rares every other chest, usually just greens/blues).

Posted by: Felicela.2810

Felicela.2810

To everyone saying you cant just ignore the Spawns behind you.

You are correct – However you dont have to stand back to farm them, thats not what the event was designed for, and what caused this change.

Second and more importantly the drops from the chest are horrible, I ran Claw of Jormag 4 times in 1 day, I got some where along the lines of 10 Blues, 6 Greens, 6 Crests, and a Gem or two(count is not exact but close), yes I saw others link Rares, Exotics, Lodestones. When I would help kill the spawns, as you should do between attacking the Ice Wall, I picked up 15ish T6 Claws, 20+ T5 Claws, and about 6 Blues and Greens. The effort to kill them was by far less which does not make logical sense, since ANet is all about Risk vs Reward, there was no risk in this yet I got equal gear.

Posted by: Valmarius.4150

Valmarius.4150

I think the biggest problem is that those mobs were the only thing that made the fight worthwhile from a loot perspective. If people want a chest full of blues, there are plenty of other fights to choose from…Claw is the biggie, though. The kitten level 80 dragon. You SHOULD have more chance at loot, whether that comes via the mobs he spawns or whatever.

It can’t even be said that the loot rate was crazy high. I never went in expecting to find a yellow. Yeah, the crafting mat drops were nice, but nothing to write home about considering you have to wait close to 4 hours for the event.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

now imagine if claws rotation was once per 24h, always on same time (so no1 misses him), minimum 2 Rares and a chance of getting an exotic as high as it is right now getting a Rare (which is fine). Then i would do it every day and its worth doing. As of now claw and the other two are a complete waste of time joke. Going afk in LA does more than wasting 20+ minutes on this bs for blues and 1-2 greens.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

An easier way to deal with this would be to make the dragons like the dungeons. Diminishing returns per repeat of the same dragon within a day. Meaning your first time for the day you fight Jormag, you get some good loot. Second time, the loot gets less rare, third time, you won’t get rare at all. Do this, and it fixes the problem with farmers.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

They should make dragons spawn every 6-8 hours and the event chest drop rare (common) / Exotic (super rare) . This will make fighting the dragon more worth to players and feel more epic.

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

An easier way to deal with this would be to make the dragons like the dungeons. Diminishing returns per repeat of the same dragon within a day. Meaning your first time for the day you fight Jormag, you get some good loot. Second time, the loot gets less rare, third time, you won’t get rare at all. Do this, and it fixes the problem with farmers.

Sorry I don’t even see how doing a dragon event every 3 hours even constitutes OTT farming that requires any nerf. To me this response from anet pretty much beggars belief and is an indication that they’re getting way too carried away with this DR rubbish.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Sorry I don’t even see how doing a dragon event every 3 hours even constitutes OTT farming that requires any nerf. To me this response from anet pretty much beggars belief and is an indication that they’re getting way too carried away with this DR rubbish.

My thoughts exactly. It’s tiresome. Oh well thank goodness it’s not the only game out there.

I feel sorry for the new people, they won’t know what’s coming until they hit 80 and get punished for it.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: voyager.4982

voyager.4982

@ Dradiin- you don’t have to use the pact weapons- after the first time I never did again and playing with your own skills are much more effective and fun.

It seems to depend on your profession and which weapons you equip. Trying to melee Claw in phase 3 doesn’t work so well. Some toons I fight with my own weapons, but on others I can’t even attack the wall without eating the dot.

I’ve been pretty frustrated with dragons this week – all the restarts screw up the timers, so you end up with some windows where people sit and wait for something that never comes, and other times the dragon will pop when there’s 2 people around.

For the OP, I disagree that killing adds is just farming, it’s a legitimate strat for the event. Indeed, the NPCs even call out for you to defend the cannons. Might there be some people JUST farming and ignoring the larger event? Possible, but in dozens of kills I really haven’t seen it.

I agree with the others who suggest that the event is starting to feel like it might not be worth it: not only does the event take a long time compared to the rewards (unless you can get 2-3 crystals in), but the window is so wide I think I’ve spent 6+ hours the past few weeks largely just hanging out waiting for it to start, and killing time. So it’s not just the event time, it’s all that pre-event time.

If I wanted my play time to be sitting around waiting for things to get going, I’d go back to WoW and raid again.

By comparison, the design of the other 2 dragons is much better. Smaller window, manageable fights, and a distinct pre-event to signal start rather than sitting around scratching one’s butt in a window of well over an hour.

Posted by: Reidlos.5437

Reidlos.5437

I have done the dragons for days and No yellows and 1 or 2 greens, not worth doing anymore

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Ive been keeping a running tab since I first saw this thread 2 weeks ago.

17 Jormag kills - 0 orange, 7 yellow, 23 green
21 Shatterer kills - 0 orange, 8 yellow, 21 green
25 Tequatl kills - 0 orange, 10 yellow, 25 green

Seems fairly consistent, 1 green and 0.4 yellow per kill.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

I haven’t done Jormag, or any Dragon event for that matter in months. Lots of people in my guild just stopped doing them as well as it is just a waste of time..It’s really sad :/

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

Just because someone doesn’t link what they got for all the word to see doesn’t mean that some special did not drop every single time. I don’t link what I get nor do I discuss what I got afterwards because it’s really no one’s business but mine and I don’t have to flex my peen in front of people who didn’t get much of anything.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

iv killed him 5 times this past 5 days just blues and greens not singel gold i will stop camping him this is poitnless arena net ty very much

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I do a lot of Jormag and tequatl. Best jormag loot – 2 rares

Best tequatl loot – level 80 exotic named sword(winged spatha) + 2 rares

Tequatl gives me better and more stuff on occasional basis. I never get anything good from jormag. Mostly blues and greens.