Jormag event

Jormag event

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

After reading the comments and concerns regarding loot/rewards/drops and the damage dealt, it occurred to me that when participating in this event it is sometimes impossible to 1.) see if your Charzooka is registering any hits on Jormag because of the camera angle, field of view and the large number of players involved all standing in the one or two places that don’t consistently take damage and 2.) after loosing Jormag as a target being able to reacquire him as a target.

I have to wonder if in the early portions of the event, when destroying the shield and then rushing up the hill to do direct damage to Jormag, does this count at all toward the reward from the chest?

It’s highly frustrating when the end result of the event is a chest full of Blue items. Especially frustrating that this event takes place in a level 70-80 zone – when most toons are no longer rocking any Blue armor, weapons or jewelry. Exasperatingly frustrating when this event is far and away more involved and time consuming than Teq or Shatter.

I would really like to hear from a Developers standpoint what the issue with this event seems to be and if anyone else is experiencing the same issues.

Jormag event

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I don’t think the quality of your participation impacts the quality of the chest loot.

participation for chests seem to be binary only… you either participated enough to count and get the chest.. or you didn’t.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Jormag event

Posted by: Anakin.9765

Anakin.9765

As GrandmaFunk stated, you either get credit for the event or you don’t. The quality of loot is not determined by the amount of damage dealt or whatever. Some people are under this impression, but some people seem to have trouble reading.

I can’t completely remember, but I’m pretty sure the 2 shield parts are not separate events meaning they should contribute to your credit for the event.

Jormag event

Posted by: Avatar.1923

i dont think loot should be that good for this event, as its mostly a auto attak facerollZzz…

put the best reward chances in risky endeavours!

Jormag event

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Here is a post by Colin where he clearly states that “The amount of damage dealt does not improve the quality of the loot recieved” https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Qualifying-for-loot/first#post1467117.

So don’t worry if you are more support specced, as you will get loot anyway if you deal enough damage.

Jormag event

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Hi everyone,

Here is a post by Colin where he clearly states that “The amount of damage dealt does not improve the quality of the loot recieved” https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Qualifying-for-loot/first#post1467117.

So don’t worry if you are more support specced, as you will get loot anyway if you deal enough damage.

Thanks for the info. Do you think they might do something about the ability to see Jormag so I can target him and to see if I’m hitting him?

Much appreciated, Mr. Mod! Thank you!