July 1st - anet's last chance for you?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Revler.2359

Revler.2359

I’m wondering how many other people are in the same boat as me right now. I almost quit GW2 a while ago, but the features patch restored me faith that this game will receive meaningful updates.

Now, with this patch, if I don’t get a scent of what I am look for it´s over for me. I can’t pour more time (meaning, keeping up with living world. Even if it´s permanent now I’d like to do it when everyone else would be doing it) in a game that I have no faith will go in the direction I was hoping, even if I loved most of the time I’ve played it. So, if you feel like me and this patch is all or nothing for you, what were you expecting?

I’m expecting anything that is related to serious build customization (not just trait rework or one new skill): new class, lots of new skills, new weapons, perhaps customizable weapon skills, meaningful new features like GvG. I don’t care about traditionally speaking content (new story, maps and events)

What are you expecting?

(edited by Revler.2359)

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

tengu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

What i care is exactly stuff that you don’t care (new story, maps and events) so if they give me this im fine with it.Things that i dont care but i dont mind are new races,classes and skills lol.Funny how people have different tastes hah.

Revler.2359

Tengu monk would be cool

Posted by: Klmor.1250

Klmor.1250

New maps (atleast 4 or 5) , dungeons , content for both pve and pvp , new items and currency , improves on WvW , maybe new class.And especially i want more pvp modes like gw1 had.

(Of course i don’t expect these in first patch.But between now and end of the season , i want to see them.)

Posted by: Django.5923

Django.5923

I wish for much but I expect they will implement nothing.

my prediction:

- tooltips of various kittens now use the correct verb to better display the current state

- new shiny awesome weapons for 10 lion tickets

- new armors for 800 gems (light, medium, heavy)

- 5 new awesome minis who all use the same model but have different shaders

- 2 new fuzzy hats (rabbit and moa)

- Bartender outfit

- new colours: something blue, something dark blue, something light blue, something something blue

- Boss in asuranfalls has a new name and isn’t stuck anymore. Also he is happy

- engineer autoattacks now deal no dmg anymore (because it was op). Warrior healsignet buffed.

- pirate runes now spawn 2 birds

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Tengu monk would be cool

tengu martial artist monk? or tengu healer monk.
I am 100% behind tengu martial artist monk

Revler.2359

my prediction:

- tooltips of various kittens now use the correct verb to better display the current state

- Bartender outfit

- new colours: something blue, something dark blue, something light blue, something something blue

- engineer autoattacks now deal no dmg anymore (because it was op). Warrior healsignet buffed.

And this is why I can’t take this game anymore. 2 years of mostly this and almost no really exciting news, can’t handle that anymore

Revler.2359

Tengu monk would be cool

Probably both, some weapons heal, others buff. It would be like a ranged light armor guardian

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

another one of these topics lol, there always has to be one before a big update.

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

1. You already payed for the game
2. Paying for this game means granted acces to this game at all times

Yes this game has been a bore to me the past few months, but I can log in / log out whenever I want to.

If this patch fails i’ll just log out and wait for one that doesn’t, because thats THE PRIVILAGE you actually get when you bought this game.

Stop acting as if Anet threw a monthly fee up your kitten because they didn’t.

Revler.2359

>but I can log in / log out whenever I want to.

It´s not the same thing though, playing an MMO while not being invested on it sucks. If you don’t do living world with other people, you’ll be missing on it. Might as well go with another game and give your full attention to it

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Tengu monk would be cool

Probably both, some weapons heal, others buff. It would be like a ranged light armor guardian

ahhh healer then,
dont think martial artist should be a healer.
and.. not really for healers anyhow, but to each thier own

Revler.2359

All classes can be healer in this game, I think they should all have healer weapons to choose and all have equal in strength healing builds. Things like elementalist and necro can focus more on direct healing/life transfer, while other classes like thief or mesmer apply mostly regen, and some others like guardian/ranger in between

There´s no excuse to let all classes have plenty of healing builds to make, it´s how the game was designed

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Ummm this is a LS patch… there will be no features introduced in this patch.

Features come in Feature patches… hence the name…

So if you are expecting anything that isn’t story, events and maps then you have the wrong expectations.

Revler.2359

So if you are expecting anything that isn’t story, events and maps then you have the wrong expectations.

uninstall.exe for me
A shame, this game had so much potential. Combat system is fun, polished graphics, great artstyle, fun town items. Just needed a team that cared about gameplay behind it, and not just story and gem store items

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

I’m in the same boat as the OP. Story and events are less interesting that actual game features and things to tinker with. In the coming weeks I’d like to see at least a few new skills or weapon options for our existing classes, and some new in-game cosmetic options.

The real deal breaker for me is a feature that would allows us to store multiple gear and trait builds. I have been waiting on this for so, so long now.

Revler.2359

>the real deal breaker for me is a feature that would allows us to store multiple gear and trait builds. I have been waiting on this for so, so long now.

Same, been asking this for months. Swapping sets all the time is so annoying, especially the trinkets

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

• New map unlockable by paying 1200 gems;
  • New weapons and skills unlockable with 500 gems and 400 skillpoints each;
  • Long waited new sets of armors unlockable with 800 gems;
  • … Let’s find more to add..
ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

To answer the question in the title: No.

Posted by: Exqtor.6913

Exqtor.6913

my prediction:

- Bartender outfit

I totally agree. I would also add this:

- new haircut avaiable.

Apparently devs have a fashion stylist working with them, and I have to say he’s doing a great job.

I can’t wait for the next Season’s collection! Hopefully Tyra Banks or Heidi Klum will have a roll on the next Living Story.

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

I’m wondering how many other people are in the same boat as me right now. I almost quit GW2 a while ago, but the features patch restored me faith that this game will receive meaningful updates.

Now, with this patch, if I don’t get a scent of what I am look for it´s over for me. I can’t pour more time (meaning, keeping up with living world. Even if it´s permanent now I’d like to do it when everyone else would be doing it) in a game that I have no faith will go in the direction I was hoping, even if I loved most of the time I’ve played it. So, if you feel like me and this patch is all or nothing for you, what were you expecting?

I’m expecting anything that is related to serious build customization (not just trait rework or one new skill): new class, lots of new skills, new weapons, perhaps customizable weapon skills, meaningful new features like GvG. I don’t care about traditionally speaking content (new story, maps and events)

What are you expecting?

Let’s be honest, Season 2 is what majority of people who played this game since the beginning consider “the last chance for GW2”.

The game’s been stagnant for too long, i.e. no new, permanent zones, maps, weapons ( mixes of existing weapons between classes ), story ( I don’t have too mention how low quality-wise Season 1 was ), classes, races, huge and finally quality fixes and so on.

The sole reason why I’m still handing around forums is ‘cos I’ve always been a huge fan of GW and I still have faith in ANet to finally prove that they know how to go on with a game like that.

I know that probably half of the playerbase have left the game, but if expansion-worthy content is introduced in Season 2, many of us will prolly come back to enjoy it as we did when the game launched.

Let’s hope so! Otherwise, there are plenty of new MMOs that look and play spectacular ( just like GW2 in the beginning ), among others The Black Desert Online, ArcheAge, EverQuest: Next + Landmark and Bless. Of course, when out of the sudden WoW 2 or something else from Blizzard is announced, let’s face it – we know where literally everyone will go.

But still, although GW2 is 2 years old and hasn’t changed much since the beginning, I do still hope for a year or two in game, provided the aforementioned changes/additions are introduced via Season 2.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

this game need Addon or something like Addon content – because there are nothing to do…

Posted by: Pibriamal.8719

Pibriamal.8719

uninstall.exe for me
A shame, this game had so much potential. Combat system is fun, polished graphics, great artstyle, fun town items. Just needed a team that cared about gameplay behind it, and not just story and gem store items

LOL. It’s a story patch, and you expect a feature patch? That’s like opening a ASOFAI book and asking for Harry Potter.

Mail me your gold and stuff before you uninstall. That’s for everyone. If you’re quitting, I’ll hold onto your stuff for safekeeping. Much better than those dirty bankers. I’ll put it to good use.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

uninstall.exe for me

Well that’s too bad, this season should be exciting. There should also be the next feature patch at the end of July. They said they would do LS every 2-4 weeks and a feature patch every ~4 months. The last one was in March, so the next one should be in July at some point.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I am expecting story components. Maybe a map, maybe not. Won’t make or break me if they don’t have it in the very first patch.

Anet has said that features and story will be separate patches, so I don’t expect ‘feature’ type components (like gvg) in this patch (although the datamined map looks pretty interesting).

That’s about all I’m expecting. Then I can simply enjoy myself rather than getting kittened off or let down over things that I convinced myself ‘should’ have been there when they never actually said anything of the sort.

Is it Anet’s last chance with me? chuckle No, but I do development and have more patience than most it seems.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Revler.2359

>There should also be the next feature patch at the end of July. They said they would do LS every 2-4 weeks and a feature patch every ~4 months.
>There should
>should

here is another problem, we have no idea what to expect for this game. This is why it is on a hope-basis for most of us. Compare to something like WoW for example, you KNOW every year or so there will be a whole new continent, new classes, new skills…

We know nothing here

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

It’s season 2 of the living story as far as I’m aware. They’ve not really mentioned major game changes have they? I’m not sure why people are expecting a new expansion when they have not indicated that at all… just because it’s a new story and just because it’s what they want to have. If you’re bored with the game just take a break and come back when they’ve added the things you want there to be instead of having unfounded expectations of the story update.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

I’m expecting mindless QQ posts, multiple “I quit” posts, and maybe a few insert upcoming MMO title here is going to kill Guild Wars 2 posts.

I also expect that I will enjoy season 2 and so will many other players.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not the last chance for me. I’m looking forward to the next Story release, rather than a Feature patch, as that is exactly what they have announced is coming.

Though, the new Journal is a feature, so…there ya go! =)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Not the last chance for me. I’m looking forward to the next Story release, rather than a Feature patch, as that is exactly what they have announced is coming.

Though, the new Journal is a feature, so…there ya go! =)

I guess technically a new map would be a feature too, would it not?

And guess what just got confirmed this morning!

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I’m expecting anything that is related to serious build customization (not just trait rework or one new skill): new class, lots of new skills, new weapons, perhaps customizable weapon skills…

Do you think these are reasonable expectations though? It just seems like this is all feature patch stuff and this update has never been touted as anything like that. I expect a living story update, which means story and playable content. I also expect a new zone(s) with this update or another one in the near future since they’ve made it pretty clear that’s what will be coming in season 2.

Another thing I’m really expecting is evidence that they’ve learned from some of the missteps in season 1, particularly the very slow start. I personally will not be satisfied if the mission for this LS episode is “Help the Zephyrites escape the crash site and recover their magical artifacts strewn about the crash area!” Two weeks of that would be not cool.

We had a big break after the end of season 1. They came back with a recycled event after that break, and left us with that content for more than a month. Some people have enjoyed it for that time and that’s great, but I think that many players are ready to get back to the new content updates, so I hope that ANet realizes this and is going to bring in season 2 with a bang.

Added bonuses for me = cosmetics!
New armor sets! Acquisition by gameplay or gem store would be fine with me.
New hairstyles!
New weapon skins!

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

(edited by Facepunch.5710)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Not anywhere near a last chance for me. There are several who are on about their 100th weekly last chance post but meh they exist everywhere.

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Can you post where this was confirmed this morning? I checked the main news page, dev tracker, tumblr and facebook and I see nothing. I’m not doubting you, I just want the link and ANet doesn’t make it easy sometimes =P

EDIT: I found it on Massively =)

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

(edited by Facepunch.5710)

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

LS2 is my general “last stand” as far as GW2 goes. I’ve been waiting forever for heavy armor I really liked on female norn and tbh if I don’t get it by the end of LS2, I’ll probably quit playing altogether until there’s an official expansion coming or something. I just can’t keep waiting.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

my prediction:

- Bartender outfit

Pretty much sums it up.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Can you post where this was confirmed this morning? I checked the main news page, dev tracker, tumblr and facebook and I see nothing. I’m not doubting you, I just want the link and ANet doesn’t make it easy sometimes =P

EDIT: I found it on Massively =)

Yeah Anet didn’t post it. One of our fellow forum goers found it

Forum discussion
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/s2/S2-details-on-massively/

Article with confirmation (and spoilers, be forewarned)
http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/07/01/what-you-need-to-know-about-guild-wars-2s-second-season-living/#continued

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

No hint of a dragon in that article. I hope it’s not another scarlet-like foe at the center of this entire plot chain.

EDIT: LS2 is not a personal “last chance” for GW2 because I don’t pay a sub and can come back for LS3 if this season sucks dragon balls. However, like many players, I haven’t played GW2 in many months now. There may not be a LS3 if ANet doesn’t pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

(edited by juno.1840)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

July 1st? Not really. I don’t expect season 2 to start out big from the day one. I’d move the “make it or breake it” date by a month.
By that time i hope to be pleasantly surprised by anet – i don’t really expect that, though. What i want? I want them to not make it worse than it already is, or to repeat the worst mistakes of the past. So, no Scarlet (or other similar Villain Sues). No putting the spotlight on NPC’s, with players in the role of idiot-ball holding spectators. No jorbreaker/remade Halloween recipe cost grind levels. No Gauntlet Chance type droprates. No new triple headed wurms (or changing existing world bosses to that level). No gameplay based on gimmicks that ignore/bypass normal combat engine (Twilight Assault, more and more unreflectables/unblockables). No more stat grind (new hard to get stat sets, new gear tiers, etc). More content in game instead of gemshop.
You get the picture.

.Edit:…and seeing the massively article, i might not get what i wanted after all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Actual fun content that you don’t need a zerg to fulfill and you can do later at anypoint without the content losing its pizazz for awhile.

New hairs for races, new faces that arent replicas of already existing faces
new horns for charr, new tattoos for norn, new ears for asura
no more armor/tail clippings :’D!

new back skins, new armor skins, weapon skins

new perma dungeon with new weapon skins, armor skins

tengu race, new heavy profession

- but this is all wishful thinking, but this would be very very nice to see

But I won’t leave if any of this isn’t fulfilled because I stopped getting my hopes up awhile ago

Posted by: Blueskylightdragon.4876

Blueskylightdragon.4876

They fail at balancing classes. (Look at how they adjust warrior. It’s too strong without a good reason enough. I’m not speaking for mesmer but seriously, they adjust in a completely wrong way. They said no holy trinity but making jack of all trade classes is somewhat lame. Maybe they should consider something like decide how the warriors are good at, how the Mesmers are good at and maybe more)

They prefer to ignore customer’s feedback, mostly. (nothing but make it worse like events and stuffs. Not about expansion though, they require a large sum of money to invest. Still, boring events like too many mass battle festival and boring big-boss fight (I mean only “attack to win” part, they should add more puzzles during boss fight, like Tequal, but it should be more obvious like demonstrate an Asura using a cannon to attack something to make a boss weaker and then he/she fallen and a leader shout for something like “Help, we need someone to use a cannon. Follow me!” etc.)

They also fail at solving bugs [YEAH I MEAN CHARRS!]. That told us how ignorance they are.

They should concentrate on those basic things first before doing something new. Customer’s trust is the thing that ArenaNet has to catch it back otherwise it will be bad for them. (unless they don’t want profit)

PS Forgot to say that they should start making a decision about which class should be excel at. Like Necromancer for conditions (GIVE THEM MORE UNIQUE like a second bar of condition just for necromancer to apply more stack) , Warrior for purely melee (reduce range effectiveness) , Guardian at buffs (they weak at attacking) , Mesmer both boons applier and conditions applier and etc.

(edited by Blueskylightdragon.4876)

Posted by: Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Omar Aschi Popp.7496

my prediction:

- Bartender outfit

And this is why I can’t take this game anymore. 2 years of mostly this and almost no really exciting news, can’t handle that anymore

This.
“I want more gemstore plz”
kitten off.

Also I want townclothes. And new DROPS, that drop as in-game-through-enemies-and-chests-kinda-loot. Armor and weps.

List of people whose posts speak on my behalf:
Lunar Sunset.8742
Rogue.7856

Posted by: Uriel.6310

Uriel.6310

my prediction:

- Bartender outfit

Weelp, someone has found the patch notes for todays patch. Nothing to see here folks. Carry on.

No seriously, this is funny but true. SMH with great disappointment @ Arenanet.

GW2 was never made to be more innovative than other MMOs, it was made to be different than GW1.

Revler.2359

This focus on living world really really killed this game for me and a lot of people.

If at least guilds actively controlled the living world with their decisions and through challenges, but no, in an MMO with millions of people playing we get to sit through a single player story made by the devs

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

I won’t be quitting right away, personally. I really didn’t enjoy season one and quit for a few months. It took awhile but I realized its tough to beat a FTP mmo that’s fun to play. If you’re hoping season 2 is amazing and revitalizes your love for the game, well so do I. I wouldn’t be surprised if it took awhile to get rolling though. Hopefully its great!! I guess we’ll find out soon.

Posted by: nuclearpenguin.2167

nuclearpenguin.2167

As long as theres a new Kodan, and quaggan playable race, I’m all good.

Posted by: Dragonic Elemental.2674

Dragonic Elemental.2674

I am expecting content. Lots of places to explore, unlock things in previous regions, and collect stuff I actually want. That is what I want. To be honest, GW will always be close to my heart, and so it doesn’t matter to me if I don’t play for a month or two. I have lots of other games to play with friends, but I do hope they make the game a little more interesting with this new season.

May the Six watch over us. And come back to Tyria soon.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Yes, July 1st, 2025 will be anet’s last chance for me!!!..

As for what I expect, new zones (note the s), lots more events, more open world bosses and maybe few instanced ones, some new dungeons. However, I don’t expect all of it today, I expect it to come during the whole season 2 during the year.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Posted by: SkyHawk.4018

SkyHawk.4018

So answer the title of this post. The answer is no. I enjoy Guild Wars because I can pick it up and play when I want and enjoy some fun features and stories when it comes around. I sort of enjoyed the gap in updates recently because it gave me some time to enjoy the new features and a casual pace and catch up on everything. Now I’m ready for the story aspect

I expect a few features here and there. But nothing like the last update since that was a feature update. I just look forward to having fun with the new releases and grouping up with everyone. Cheers!

Posted by: mosselyn.5081

mosselyn.5081

“Last chance” is a bit too melodramatic for me, but certainly I’m hoping LS2 will rekindle my interest.

With a few notable exceptions like the Marionette and the return of the Bazaar of the Four Winds, I’ve been “living on hope” since before Christmas because I’m so over zergfests. And a girl can only live on hope for so long.

I still think this is a great game, and I would recommend it without reservation to anyone, but if LS2 fails to capture my fancy, I’ll probably fade to black by the end of summer. I barely play right now. I had a good run, so no bitterness there, only regret that all good things come to an end.

[OTG] The Old Timers Guild of Yaks Bend
www.oldtimersguild.com