July 1st - anet's last chance for you?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ravenfeathers.1985

Ravenfeathers.1985

What I want to know is where the patch is at. It’s after Noon on the East Coast of the USA on July the 1st. The run the game on GMT which is 4 hours ahead of us. So GMT time it’s already after 4 pm and still no patch. No signs at all of the patch being ready to come down. No downloads. Nothing.

Posted by: aliksyian.7642

aliksyian.7642

I don’t have high hopes.

What I really want is something like GW1 missions. A chain of instances I can do with some friends at my leisure that have some light story.

Short of that, big events like the Orr invasion, without NPCs being important, and with more incentive to hold onto whatever gets held. Like how about you can forge really cool armor skins, but progress is only made while the PCs hold the WvW-like regions.

Hide user’s posts on forum with chrome tampermonkey script: http://pastebin.com/aaUQr3pm

Posted by: Piteous.4165

Piteous.4165

- pirate runes now spawn 2 birds

dat just to op

Blackgate
Stay frosty! Keep it tight!

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Well, after reading patch notes on WP video, it seems the patch is all about PvE.
New map, gem store, few QoL stuff.
So if you’re sPvPer or WvWer this patch doesn’t bring you anything, except for the new armor.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Yeah, as many people said, it’s not a feature update. A feature update could include new professions, races, skills, etc. However this is a story patch. The launch of the next stage of the story. Now with this there will be some features, the journal, a new map, etc. but nothing I would consider a “feature patch” or even an expansion.

As far as Anet’s last chance? Last chance for what? To make the game into what you think it should be? I for one rather enjoy the game as is. Adding new stuff as it goes along is totally cool. It seems to me that the people who were upset with Season 1, the feature patch, and lack of things they want are mostly looking for a reason to leave.
I don’t foresee a massive exodus of players, Anet is NOT losing players to the extent that some would have us believe. There is NO evidence that that is happening. In fact I am seeing more and more new player threads on the forums, more and more returning player threads, and very few of players leaving. Now granted, those that DO leave, just leave, they don’t announce it on the forums.The game is fine, the playerbase is fine, Anets not in any danger of going under, and GW2 will still continue to be a fantastic game for many years to come.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Tru Reptile.6058

Tru Reptile.6058

Today was Anet’s last chance for me when support sent an email saying they wouldn’t restore the characters that were deleted when my account was hacked. They’re under the impression that I gave out my account info, which I certainly did not do. So the only option I have is to start over. But I’m not doing that. Since Anet has no interest restoring my account, I have no interest supporting them in the future.

Have fun guys!

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Yeah, as many people said, it’s not a feature update. A feature update could include new professions, races, skills, etc. However this is a story patch. The launch of the next stage of the story. Now with this there will be some features, the journal, a new map, etc. but nothing I would consider a “feature patch” or even an expansion.

As far as Anet’s last chance? Last chance for what? To make the game into what you think it should be? I for one rather enjoy the game as is. Adding new stuff as it goes along is totally cool. It seems to me that the people who were upset with Season 1, the feature patch, and lack of things they want are mostly looking for a reason to leave.
I don’t foresee a massive exodus of players, Anet is NOT losing players to the extent that some would have us believe. There is NO evidence that that is happening. In fact I am seeing more and more new player threads on the forums, more and more returning player threads, and very few of players leaving. Now granted, those that DO leave, just leave, they don’t announce it on the forums.The game is fine, the playerbase is fine, Anets not in any danger of going under, and GW2 will still continue to be a fantastic game for many years to come.

Actually, it’s funny to see that even Aion is catching up with GW2.

http://mmofallout.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/1q14.png

Please, notice this shows quarterly sales, so as the graph indicates, for the exception of a brief period of Q3-Q4 2013, the GW2’s revenue has been steadily decreasing.

Added to that the stats that were published here on the forums recently ( browse for the topic if you may ), the GW2 revenue in Europe has decreased by over 80 per cent.

It would be mad not to assume that the game’s been getting worse and worse recently. Say what you want, anyone capable of reasoning knows why, among other things, the Megaserver was introduced.

I do hope, however, that Season 2 will restore some faith in the franchise for me, personally.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Sounds like ANet have got so good at weasel words that people are starting to thing that’s reasonable…

Also, my guess is they’ve been focus-sing on China. Methinks we got dropped like a hot potato.

Posted by: Altariel.4610

Altariel.4610

New classes, new weapons, new race, new skills, endgame contend!!! new map!!!

I want regular mmo expansion!!! With new things!!

pdavis.8031

Please, notice this shows quarterly sales, so as the graph indicates, for the exception of a brief period of Q3-Q4 2013, the GW2’s revenue has been steadily decreasing.

Added to that the stats that were published here on the forums recently ( browse for the topic if you may ), the GW2 revenue in Europe has decreased by over 80 per cent.

It would be mad not to assume that the game’s been getting worse and worse recently. Say what you want, anyone capable of reasoning knows why, among other things, the Megaserver was introduced.

I do hope, however, that Season 2 will restore some faith in the franchise for me, personally.

Yes, I’ve seen the graphs. Yes there was a decrease in revenue. However, this was BEFORE the china launch, and we don’t know if those graphs even include gem store sales or not. Also, seeing as how this game is Buy to Play, meaning once you buy the game initially you are not required to buy anything ever again, the decrease in revenue doesn’t equate players leaving. The graphs also show that they are still making money, just not as much as at launch with the largest sales in western MMO history. So if they are still making money, that would mean people are still buying the game, and people are still using the gem store (if we figure that the gem store sales are included in the report.)

As far as mega servers, believe what you want, but there is NO supporting evidence that the megaservers were implemented due to a significant lack of players. Those who are tired of the game, are don’t like the direction the game is going, are the first to use megaservers as evidence that the game is going under. It would seem to me, spending the money to implement this on such a massive scale to hide the fact that players are leaving in droves, and they are losing money, would be a terrible business decision. Anyone “capable of reasoning” can see that. Now if you can show me ACTUAL numbers that the player base is decreasing to the point where ANet, or the players, should be worried about the state of the game, by all means reveal them. The Q3-Q4 2013 reports certainly don’t give that impression. All that it does show is that sales have slowed down. which is completely normal. After 3+ MILLION people bought the game at launch one would expect the sales numbers to drop. but they are still bringing in money…

recognize my command!”

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I wish for much but I expect they will implement nothing.

my prediction:

- tooltips of various kittens now use the correct verb to better display the current state

- new shiny awesome weapons for 10 lion tickets

- new armors for 800 gems (light, medium, heavy)

- 5 new awesome minis who all use the same model but have different shaders

- 2 new fuzzy hats (rabbit and moa)

- Bartender outfit

- new colours: something blue, something dark blue, something light blue, something something blue

- Boss in asuranfalls has a new name and isn’t stuck anymore. Also he is happy

- engineer autoattacks now deal no dmg anymore (because it was op). Warrior healsignet buffed.

You were almost 100% right, which is sad for all of us

The game will stay uninstalled for me

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Corpus Christi.2057

Yes, I’ve seen the graphs. Yes there was a decrease in revenue. However, this was BEFORE the china launch, and we don’t know if those graphs even include gem store sales or not. Also, seeing as how this game is Buy to Play, meaning once you buy the game initially you are not required to buy anything ever again, the decrease in revenue doesn’t equate players leaving. The graphs also show that they are still making money, just not as much as at launch with the largest sales in western MMO history. So if they are still making money, that would mean people are still buying the game, and people are still using the gem store (if we figure that the gem store sales are included in the report.)

As far as mega servers, believe what you want, but there is NO supporting evidence that the megaservers were implemented due to a significant lack of players. Those who are tired of the game, are don’t like the direction the game is going, are the first to use megaservers as evidence that the game is going under. It would seem to me, spending the money to implement this on such a massive scale to hide the fact that players are leaving in droves, and they are losing money, would be a terrible business decision. Anyone “capable of reasoning” can see that. Now if you can show me ACTUAL numbers that the player base is decreasing to the point where ANet, or the players, should be worried about the state of the game, by all means reveal them. The Q3-Q4 2013 reports certainly don’t give that impression. All that it does show is that sales have slowed down. which is completely normal. After 3+ MILLION people bought the game at launch one would expect the sales numbers to drop. but they are still bringing in money…

Unless you quote me with any evidence to the contrary, any I did quote you the numbers which support the reasoning I mentioned in the previous point, I’ll actually care to respond.

What you’re saying, without any evidence to support it, is just that – empty phrases.

Posted by: Skyline.3480

Skyline.3480

I wish for much but I expect they will implement nothing.

my prediction:

- tooltips of various kittens now use the correct verb to better display the current state

- new shiny awesome weapons for 10 lion tickets

- new armors for 800 gems (light, medium, heavy)

- 5 new awesome minis who all use the same model but have different shaders

- 2 new fuzzy hats (rabbit and moa)

- Bartender outfit

- new colours: something blue, something dark blue, something light blue, something something blue

- Boss in asuranfalls has a new name and isn’t stuck anymore. Also he is happy

- engineer autoattacks now deal no dmg anymore (because it was op). Warrior healsignet buffed.

You were almost 100% right

I know right? Uncanny

Anyway, I gave up on them a long time ago; every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don’t Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT’S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT’S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

The only thing it takes to keep me interested in a game is fresh content.

The first LS didn’t quite cut it for me as ‘fresh content’.

New maps, new dungeons, weapons, classes, races. Any and/or all of the above counts.

LS2 is Anet’s ‘last chance’ for me – but only because by the time they get around to the ‘next’ chance after that, there will already be many other games ready to play (not a Wildstar fan). Star Citizen comes to mind first of all.

In any case, all I want to see is new content – and if LS2 begins to really turn this trend around, then great – I’ll stick with the game and even start spending some more money on it.

But Anet has to prove to me first that they’re going to give me my money’s worth (I’ve spent well over the box price already, which means they owe me new content – not just reruns and regurgitated content).

pdavis.8031

Unless you quote me with any evidence to the contrary, any I did quote you the numbers which support the reasoning I mentioned in the previous point, I’ll actually care to respond.

What you’re saying, without any evidence to support it, is just that – empty phrases.

And the same could be said about your statements. Although you have the graphs, it doesn’t reflect a decline in the player base. All that it shows is that sales are down. WHICH IS COMPLETLY NORMAL.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: Revler.2359

Revler.2359

well, I’m out, already uninstalled so I don’t login and torture myself on a daily basis.

All I wanted was interesting updates anet. Gameplay comes before story, especially on an MMO.

pdavis.8031

Here are the numbers for Q1 2014

http://www.ncsoft.net/global/ir/earnings.aspx

Yes there is a decrease is SALES, but they are largely attributed to Lineage 1. Yes there was a decrease in sales of GW2 from Q4 2013. But all that means is LESS people are buying the game than they did in previous quaters. It doesn’t show that players are leaving. A decrease in sales will not reflect that players are leaving, or in anyway infer that the player base is shrinking. There is no way to even reach that conclusion based solely on the number of sales and royalties (if gem store sales are considered royalties.) However, if people are still buying the game, just not as much as before, it would not be unreasonable to consider that the player base is increasing. There are NO numbers that reflect the games population, and how many are still playing vs how many have left.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I’m expecting mindless QQ posts, multiple “I quit” posts, and maybe a few insert upcoming MMO title here is going to kill Guild Wars 2 posts.

I also expect that I will enjoy season 2 and so will many other players.

+100. Completely agree! I am looking forward to the LS2 patch, too!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Corpus Christi.2057

Yes there is a decrease is SALES, but they are largely attributed to Lineage 1. Yes there was a decrease in sales of GW2 from Q4 2013. But all that means is LESS people are buying the game than they did in previous quaters. It doesn’t show that players are leaving. A decrease in sales will not reflect that players are leaving, or in anyway infer that the player base is shrinking. There is no way to even reach that conclusion based solely on the number of sales and royalties (if gem store sales are considered royalties.) However, if people are still buying the game, just not as much as before, it would not be unreasonable to consider that the player base is increasing. There are NO numbers that reflect the games population, and how many are still playing vs how many have left.

The revenue includes gem purchases.

As for the exact number of players, I guess we’re never going to get them from ANet whatsoever since there are no subscription accounts to show which are renewed. Thus, the revenue ( which includes gem purchases ) is pretty much the only reliable number to support any thesis regarding the playerbase.

Since the game revolves pretty much around the gem-shop, where 90 per cent of new items is added, when the earnings from gem purchases are decreasing it cannot be denied that the playerbase hasn’t out of the sudden stopped buying gems and just plays, but rather stopped playing and hence is not buying.

Otherwise, it’s my word against yours and since you seem confident in your argumentation, I suggest we stop repeating our theses.

Cheers

pdavis.8031

As for the exact number of players, I guess we’re never going to get them from ANet whatsoever since there are no subscription accounts to show which are renewed. Thus, the revenue ( which includes gem purchases ) is pretty much the only reliable number to support any thesis regarding the playerbase.

Since the game revolves pretty much around the gem-shop, where 90 per cent of new items is added, when the earnings from gem purchases are decreasing it cannot be denied that the playerbase hasn’t out of the sudden stopped buying gems and just plays, but rather stopped playing and hence is not buying.

Otherwise, it’s my word against yours and since you seem confident in your argumentation, I suggest we stop repeating our theses.

Cheers

I agree…it was getting WAY OT anyway

recognize my command!”

Corpus Christi.2057

Cheers

I agree…it was getting WAY OT anyway

Haha, that’s ok.^^

Teon.5168

But how can that be, when there are posters here that are absolutely 100% sure that since they don’t like the game, 1/2, yes 50% of the playerbase has left in total disgust!!!

They must have one heck of a crystal ball. Either that, or they have thousands of friends who all quit en masse after their friend said ‘this game sucks!’

lol….lol…../eyeroll

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I still don’t understand why Anet keeps updating skill facts instead of major issues. The longer they put major fixes off and delay new content the more players are going to spread the word that nothing is being done in this game except pseudo fixes (updated facts) to make people think Anet is actually doing something.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

lol @ people uninstalling a free game.

Teon.5168

lol @ people uninstalling a free game.

lol…true.
I agree with some posts I have seen here recently……if one is so serious about this game sucking and they’ll never play it again……instead of uninstalling it…..get some cajones and delete all your characters…..then uninstall it.

Otherwise, you’re just taking a break…..lol.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-