Jumping Puzzle Ports

Jumping Puzzle Ports

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Just a quick question for you all, what jumping puzzles would you say are the bests for mesmer portals? I already have Mesmers parked at Not So Secret, Southsun, Dreamdark Enclave, and Sharkmaw Caverns and I have one more mesmer to park at one. I don’t really use them for pve so I just leave them there to help people out so what are your suggestions for one to park my last mesmer at?

EDIT:
To clarify since I seem to have gotten the names wrong, apparently Dreamdark Enclave is called Dark Reverie and Southsun is actually named Skipping Stones so those are both covered. Apologies for the confusion ^^"

(edited by Moonlit.6421)

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’d opt for the end of the new JP in Draconis Mons. Edit: If it is, indeed, doable.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’d opt for the end of the new JP in Draconis Mons.

I don’t know, is it possible to portal people to that who haven’t already gotten inside the JP? (It might be, I have yet to find my way into the JP myself). And how sure are we the DM JP won’t get the same coding change that the EB one did so people can get the achieve just be reaching the top by whatever means?

I’d consider the jumping-over-lava-on-timed-platforms one in Caledon. Or, since that one almost never seems to be a daily (though when it is, man is it nice if a mesmer shortcuts it), the ice cave one in Frostgorge, the latter not being super hard, just annoying thanks to mobs beating up on you. Or Swashbuckler Cove in Gendarren.

Sorry for the run-ons and parentheticals … I have to work on reducing those in my casual typing.

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’d opt for the end of the new JP in Draconis Mons.

I don’t know, is it possible to portal people to that who haven’t already gotten inside the JP? (It might be, I have yet to find my way into the JP myself). And how sure are we the DM JP won’t get the same coding change that the EB one did so people can get the achieve just be reaching the top by whatever means?

Hm. Good point. People could teleport to a friend to it, I know. But I’m not 100% sure about portaling people.

If the one in DM is not an option, then I’d say either the lava one in Caledon Forest or the ice one in Frostgorge Sound.

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Moonlit.6421

Hm can’t say I’ve looked at the one on the new map yet, have to give that a glance.

I think someone mentioned the Ember Bay JP to me a while back but said you’d need multiple mesmers for that? Anyone able to correct or clarify on that for me?

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Skipping Stones.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

I’d opt for the end of the new JP in Draconis Mons. Edit: If it is, indeed, doable.

I saw a guy doing it yesterday. Said it was a 10 minute or less job involving 7-8 portals.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I would say Goemm’s Lab in Metrica Province. You already have the first two that come to mind (Not So Secret and Skipping Stones).

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: Mitern.1563

Mitern.1563

Vexa’s Lab for players like me that are trying to make Mawdrey.

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Mitern.1563

Also, quick question. Is using the under map shortcut to the Not So Secret JP against Terms of Service or is it considered the same as asking a Mesmer for a port?

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Also, quick question. Is using the under map shortcut to the Not So Secret JP against Terms of Service or is it considered the same as asking a Mesmer for a port?

It’s not the same. Using the shortcut is exploiting a map glitch; taking a mesmer portal is using the game as the developers intended.

Will ANet suspend or ban anyone for doing it? Probably not if the person does it once to unlock the mastery; it’s not worth their time to worry about it. But if that person then uses it to start charge others (via portals or however), then ANet would likely take action.

In both cases, the question to ask is: is it worth losing your account to find out how strict ANet is about this? Especially knowing that they can (and will) still suspend people months or years later, depending on the circumstances.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Mitern.1563

Thanks for the quick reply. I agree, it’s not worth losing the account and you explained why it’s not the same as a port great. Thank you!

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That said, if you are having trouble with that particular JP, I know someone who has parked their mesmer there and can help. Let me know if you’re stuck.

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Not So Secret!

And teach me how to do that dive please.

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Moonlit.6421

Hm at the moment I’m trying to run some tests on the Draconis Mons JP from the new map as it seems a popular choice though may be rather difficult to accomplish given the range. May end up moving one or two of my other mesmers there if I have to see if I could do it with multiple ports but there’s a lot of testing to be done there (and I imagine I’m not the only one tryouts no wonder maybe someone will figure out a way soon).

Not So Secret!

I have a Mesmer parked at the chest and diving goggles here so if you happen to see me online feel free to hit me up for a port. I can try and show you how to do the dive but if you’d prefer to watch it dully has a video showing how to do it which probably explains it better than me. ^^"

Jumping Puzzle Ports

notebene.3190

Not So Secret!

I have a Mesmer parked at the chest and diving goggles here so if you happen to see me online feel free to hit me up for a port. I can try and show you how to do the dive but if you’d prefer to watch it dully has a video showing how to do it which probably explains it better than me. ^^"

I tried watching the dive, but I keep dying there for some reason. What’s funny is I’ve done so many others. I did the new Flashpoint one recently. Hit the ledge a few times, but eventually got it. Of course, I had a ‘target’ there. Someone was tagged up and I just had to aim for them.

I’ll try to watch some more, see if I can figure out when they are moving in the air to adjust and when they are just dropping, that is the hardest thing, and keep an eye out for you, thanks!

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

I actually use one mesmer on a F2P account for Porttmat’s Lab – the math one. It is always a pain for me to do that one, especially during guild-trek with the timelimit.

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

(edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870)

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Not so secret dive in slow mo and adjusted colors to highlight dangerous parts. Hope it helps.

https://youtu.be/O6ZY1z7dhzg

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Mitern.1563

Finally did Vexa’s Lab. Someone else was doing it at the same time and it helped.

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

As others have said, Skipping Stones (needed for part of Tigris), Draconis Mons (because its new), Morgan’s spiral/dark reverie, portmatts lab (because its annoying).

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Jumping Puzzle Ports

notebene.3190

Not so secret dive in slow mo and adjusted colors to highlight dangerous parts. Hope it helps.

That is a lot more helpful, thank you.

I hope someone figures out how to some day superimpose the key strokes they are pressing while they are diving, so you can see at what points they are WASD-ing while falling to change directions.

Like when you first jump off and it looks like you are going to hit rock, then you go through the rock and you can see things below you, are you moving forward that whole time in mid air until you see below you?

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Moonlit.6421

After going all the way through Draconis Mons and not using a teleport to friend this time I feel like it would take a lot of doing. Someone else I met said they managed to do it with 4 mesmers though, however I’m not entirely sure of the spots they parked them at to do so. If anyone has any ideas for where that’d be awesome lol

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Dark Reverie is a good one to park at, especially since if you run to the right spot you port from near Spiral waypoint.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I already have Mesmers parked at Not So Secret, Southsun, Dreamdark Enclave, and Sharkmaw Caverns

For those telling him/her to do Dark Reverie or whatever the Southsun one is called, note that such things are covered. The question is which JP that isn’t one of those would be most helpful to the most people (kudos, OP, you are an awesome person full of kindness).

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The Southsun one is Skipping Stones. And while it’s “covered” by a lot of people, it never seems to be covered when folks want it (i.e. outside of when it’s the daily).

Still Dark Reverie (in Caledon) is a good choice for saving the day. Goemm’s and Spekk’s are also less popular (and the latter is needed for a bunch of collections).

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Dark Reverie is a good one, and alot of people don’t even know about it, because they finish Morgan’s Spiral and call it a day.

Anet has implemented a few 2 part, joint, whatever you call it JPs like this.

Which brings my suggestions:
Dredhaught Cliffs –
1) Tribulation Rift Scaffolding
Or its ugly twin
2) Tribulation Caverns

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Moonlit.6421

I already have Mesmers parked at Not So Secret, Southsun, Dreamdark Enclave, and Sharkmaw Caverns

For those telling him/her to do Dark Reverie or whatever the Southsun one is called, note that such things are covered. The question is which JP that isn’t one of those would be most helpful to the most people (kudos, OP, you are an awesome person full of kindness).

Daw thanks. X3
And thats a mistake on my part, I wasn’t sure of the appropriate names right off hand but I went back and edited the original post to include what I hope are all the proper names.

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: Kururu.8140

Kururu.8140

When I first saw this thread title I honestly thought it would be another person begging the devs to disable portals in jumping puzzles because ‘i did it alone and i hate people being nice’ or ‘you don’t get any sense of achievement’, etc.

So glad it wasn’t.

(edited by Kururu.8140)

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Moonlit.6421

Going to be making another mesmer, (maybe 2), soon so I’ll probably set up shop at the Chalice of Tears JP in ember bay but had another quick question for you guys. If you had to pick which would be a better jp to port to, Goemms Lab or Spekks Lab?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Goemm%27s_Lab#Reward
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spekks%27s_Laboratory

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Going to be making another mesmer, (maybe 2), soon so I’ll probably set up shop at the Chalice of Tears JP in ember bay but had another quick question for you guys. If you had to pick which would be a better jp to port to, Goemms Lab or Spekks Lab?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Goemm%27s_Lab#Reward
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spekks%27s_Laboratory

Both are bottlenecks to non-jumpers finishing the JP achievement. Spekk’s is harder to navigate, because of the timing, whereas Goemm’s can be done slow & steady. So if you’re only going to place one, I’d recommend Spekk’s.

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

This right here and OP’s helpful attitude rank among the reasons I love this community.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Posted by: slashlizardy.9167

slashlizardy.9167

I’ve got a few spare mezzies, maybe we can start a port guild and cover more JPs….

Jumping Puzzle Ports

notebene.3190

This right here and OP’s helpful attitude rank among the reasons I love this community.

Absolutely, and “this right here and OP’s helpful attitude” (actually… the OP themselves) is exactly how I finally got this dive done! \o/

Jumping Puzzle Ports

Moonlit.6421

Both are bottlenecks to non-jumpers finishing the JP achievement. Spekk’s is harder to navigate, because of the timing, whereas Goemm’s can be done slow & steady. So if you’re only going to place one, I’d recommend Spekk’s.

So assuming everyone agrees Spekks would be the best fit then?

I’ve got a few spare mezzies, maybe we can start a port guild and cover more JPs….

I’m not entirely sure but I believe a guildie of mine told me theres a mesmer guild out there already who does a ton of JP ports, though I’m not sure of their name. X3 Meant to look into that but forgot ^^"

Absolutely, and “this right here and OP’s helpful attitude” (actually… the OP themselves) is exactly how I finally got this dive done! \o/

Happy to be of service, glad I was able to help out and you got your achieve =)