Jumping Puzzle "shoving"

Jumping Puzzle "shoving"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: grilojr.7365

grilojr.7365

I really hope Anet is done with jumping puzzles.
Everything you journey to do gets you to jumping puzzles.
They add new features, but it has to do with jumping puzzles. They add new endeavours, but it has to do with jumping puzzles.
Crafting, if you want to explore it to the fullest, you gotta do a half dozen jump puzzles.
You want to get mastery points, you gotta do jumping puzzles.
You want to get gear, at some point, you have to do jumping puzzles or hundreds of other things instead, your choice.

It may be fun for those who likes it, but it is really boring to do the same jumping puzzle all the time you need some new thing that is added by that particular jumping puzzle.

Jumping Puzzle "shoving"

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Do they do that often? I hardly noticed any change in the loot of the JPs, aside from the box for the Star item.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Jumping Puzzle "shoving"

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

AFAIK, crafting doesn’t require you to do jumping puzzles.

Jumping aws advertised for the game since it came out. It’s expected that some content will require the use of this resulting in some rewards being locked behind this type of activity.

Jumping Puzzle "shoving"

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I really hope ANet isn’t done with jumping puzzles. They are fun challenges and spice up exploration. I’ve never felt the need to do the same JP over and over again, except for fun.

Sure, the legendary precursor collections include a few JPs among the challenges, but that’s hardly different from requiring people to finish certain fractals, fight certain bosses, etc.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Jumping Puzzle "shoving"

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

They are limiting the game. We got a whole expansion of vertical platforming. It has extended far beyond jumping puzzles and does effect everyone who is not into that type of gaming.

It rarely works out to basically force people to partake of an activity over and over again “till they learn to like it” but that seems to be the basic tenet of ANET in this game.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Jumping Puzzle "shoving"

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

You must love the mini-adventures! Just kidding, I think they were an excuse not to include more real MMO PvE content and having nearly half the mastery points tied to them is a shame.

Jumping Puzzle "shoving"

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You must love the mini-adventures! Just kidding, I think they were an excuse not to include more real MMO PvE content and having nearly half the mastery points tied to them is a shame.

Since when is 21% = 50%? If you get mastery points from all other sources, you only need to get 5 MP from adventures. It’ll likely go down when the LS starts back up this summer.

Jumping Puzzle "shoving"

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Ok, I just got back from double-checking my calendar and can confirm that this is 2016.

I felt the need to check on that since the argument against using 3D space was being used and I hadn’t heard that one since around 1992.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Jumping Puzzle "shoving"

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I like Jumping and want more Jumping. Stop cyber bullying it please.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Jumping Puzzle "shoving"

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I’m sure they’ll put more in. They’re big on going vertical.

SBI

Jumping Puzzle "shoving"

Posted by: Emerik.7846

Emerik.7846

I love jumping puzzles and would like to see more. Aside from skipping stones there all enjoyable.

Jumping Puzzle "shoving"

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

If GW2 had no jumping puzzles, I would not still be playing. no joke. I would have been done with the game around winter 2012/2013.

I stopped playing in early 2013 (a bit later than I would have if there were no JPs), and then Super Adventure Box brought me back for a bit. And then I stopped again, and the next iteration of SAB brought me back again. SAB is one big JP, so that wouldn’t have happened with no JPs, obviously. And that combined with the game being overall less awesome means I wouldn’t have cared enough to buy HoT and come back for the expansion.

A big part of why I liked this game, perhaps the biggest single thing, is that it was the best current 3D platformer I knew of. Every platformer these days is 2D, which is greatly inferior.

(edited by reikken.4961)

Jumping Puzzle "shoving"

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m not a big fan overall of JPs. It always amazes me how many I’ve actually done considering this fact. I had more enthusiasm for them early on in the game’s life, but lately I really don’t do them. The last JP I completed was the SW one. Took about 5 hours from start to finish using a Dulfy vid. I’m still recovering.

However, I don’t believe for a minute that they’re going to stop adding them. It seems obvious to me that JPs are always going to be a big part of the game. It is what it is.

I do feel for people that want to get something done and a JP they can’t do is in the way of their goal. I tend to avoid things that involve JPs, but I can understand someone’s frustration with it. Unless they give multiple ways of achieving a given goal in the future, I assume JPs are going to continue being roadblocks to certain content for some.

Jumping Puzzle "shoving"

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Vertical maps, horizontal progression. Thats why I love this game.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks