Jumping off Rata Sum against asuran law?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

So I tried to jump off the side of Rata Sum, but it teleported me into jail

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Not the first time someone’s ended up in jail in rata sum; previously it was trying to get to the bottom of the inside of rata sum, but I don’t think that happens anymore.

Posted by: Tere.4759

Tere.4759

That’s hilarious.

Guild Leader of The Black Court, we’re small, friendly and active.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

it’s old news but still, it would actually be nice to explore EVERYTHING instead of just the small dome in rate sum and selected ground areas.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

still one of the best hide and seek spots

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

I jumped off the side, and I hit a indent and died.

What? I want to go to jail. XD

Posted by: Kodiak.4213

Kodiak.4213

I watched your video and then had to try it for myself. Took a couple of jumps, but i eventually made it alive. The irony…is that I work at a prison as a corrections officer in real life, XD

Currently inviting people to fill up the cell, join Kira Aihara in game to join in!

(edited by Kodiak.4213)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Not the first time someone’s ended up in jail in rata sum; previously it was trying to get to the bottom of the inside of rata sum, but I don’t think that happens anymore.

You could still get to the bottom of Rata Sum (in the inside) with any class. You just needed the fall trait. To get outside of Rata Sum to the land below you just needed to be in the council instance above and drop down. This all still worked back in April. I don’t recall seeing anything since then that would prevent this.

AegisRunestone.8672

I watched your video and then had to try it for myself. Took a couple of jumps, but i eventually made it alive. The irony…is that I work at a prison as a corrections officer in real life, XD

Currently inviting people to fill up the cell, join Kira Aihara in game to join in!

I was there. I was Vini Yunio. XD

Yes, you can there normally by traveling down a set of stairs from the Accountacy waypoint and then going to the northwest corner of the downstairs. If you see a bunch of peacemakers, then find a way down more stairs. Then, you get to see who else is in the prisons.

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

I was there. I was Vini Yunio. XD

Yes, you can there normally by traveling down a set of stairs from the Accountacy waypoint and then going to the northwest corner of the downstairs. If you see a bunch of peacemakers, then find a way down more stairs. Then, you get to see who else is in the prisons.

Alternatively you can get there twice as fast by taking the research waypoint and heading down the stairs to the north-west :P

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

You could still get to the bottom of Rata Sum (in the inside) with any class. You just needed the fall trait. To get outside of Rata Sum to the land below you just needed to be in the council instance above and drop down. This all still worked back in April. I don’t recall seeing anything since then that would prevent this.

I think you misunderstand. In the early days, if you got to the bottom of the inside of rata sum, in the trenches and such, you were teleported to the prison, much like the video shown here in this thread. Then, one day, that stopped happening. This was over two years ago though, so I don’t recall all the details.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I think you misunderstand. In the early days, if you got to the bottom of the inside of rata sum, in the trenches and such, you were teleported to the prison, much like the video shown here in this thread. Then, one day, that stopped happening. This was over two years ago though, so I don’t recall all the details.

Oh. I don’t remember that happening but I could have first done it after people stopped getting ported. As far as I’m aware, you still can get down there without being ported.

AegisRunestone.8672

Here’s a picture of a party happening (or that did happen this morning) in Rata Sum’s prisons.

Apparently, there’s free wi-fi. :P

Attachments: