Jumping pad location

Jumping pad location

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xirus.9675

Xirus.9675

If someone could please tell me the location of the Divinity’s Reach and Hoelbrak jumping pads added with the Winter Quarterly Update this year, I’d greatly appreciate it. For some reason there’s nothing about it on the wiki – only a mention under the launch pad wiki page that “new ones were added”. If someone knows the location of at least those two, I’d greatly appreciate it. I’ve already got 100% map completion and have scoured Divinity’s Reach for hours at a time repeatedly since the patch’s launch for it.

Any sufficiently advanced science and/or technology is indistinguishable from magic.

(edited by Xirus.9675)

Jumping pad location

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Are you sure they have launch pads? I’ve never seen or heard references to them and the wiki only mentions the bounce pads in Lions Arch.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Launch_Pad

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Jumping pad location

Posted by: Xirus.9675

Xirus.9675

Are you sure they have launch pads? I’ve never seen or heard references to them and the wiki only mentions the bounce pads in Lions Arch.

“The January 26, 2016 update that introduced Gliding in Central Tyria maps also introduced a large number of solitary Launch Pads across the world.”

Would be nice if there was a guide to finding them on dulfy, the wiki, the map, etc. Since some pretty obscure maps have them it seems like a safe assumption that major cities would have them, too – as implied by the Winter Quarterly Update trailer with gliders zooming – above – the palace in the center of Divinity’s Reach.

Any sufficiently advanced science and/or technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Jumping pad location

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I would imagine that any launch pads in DR or other cities would have been found and put on the list of locations on the wiki page Just posted. Unless they just recently added brand new ones or something.

Jumping pad location

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

“The January 26, 2016 update that introduced Gliding in Central Tyria maps also introduced a large number of solitary Launch Pads across the world.”

Would be nice if there was a guide to finding them on dulfy, the wiki, the map, etc. Since some pretty obscure maps have them it seems like a safe assumption that major cities would have them, too – as implied by the Winter Quarterly Update trailer with gliders zooming – above – the palace in the center of Divinity’s Reach.

January was months ago. If they aren’t in the wiki and if no one ever mentions seeing them and if the OP can spend hours looking but not finding them, then it’s a reasonable guess that major cities don’t have them. A trailer that shows gliders doesn’t mean that there’s a jump pad nearby. It only suggests that someone managed to get high up somewhere or that maybe there was going to be a jump pad but it was removed.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Jumping pad location

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Honestly I think the launch pads need a rework. Add a few more of them, make using them a mastery and allow them to be seen on the mini-map. Basically this would allow people who have reach 80 and are doing their second, third, fourth etc. map completion to be able to more easily and quickly navigate a map.
But I guess in the mean time a map would be nice.