June 17 update

June 17 update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Styopa.2538

Styopa.2538

“Waypoints and markers visible on maps different from the player’s current map are now always displayed as uncontested. When teleporting to a waypoint on a different map, if that waypoint is contested in the destination map copy, the player will be redirected to the nearest uncontested waypoint.”

How is that even possibly useful? I’m paying money to go to a place. If I can’t go to that place, I don’t necessarily want to PAY to go to (what the server thinks is) the next-nearest place. If it only picks waypoints I know, that could be incredibly far, and essentially worse than not porting at all. If it selects from all waypoints known or unknown, it still (likely) picks from nearest (as the crow flies) not nearest (in terms of running distance) which again could be a bigger pain than not porting. What if it’s even a different ZONE?

June 17 update

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

People were flipping because the other option was contesting all waypoints that could be contested unless you were on the map. In the worst case, that means 1-2 waypoints per map available.

With Megaservers, it’s not possible to show the actual status of the map you want to port into, unless you’re already in it.

June 17 update

Posted by: Blazing Liger.1236

Blazing Liger.1236

Showing all waypoints as contested was a NIGHTMARE for anyone trying to go anywhere in Orr. Since almost every waypoint there can be contested, getting where you wanted to go often meant using one waypoint on the other side of the zone and then once there having to use ANOTHER one to get to the right place. Nobody wants to pay twice to get where they’re going.

It’s hard to do jumping puzzles with a big, fuzzy butt.

June 17 update

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

It is actually better believe it or not. Think of it like this.

You wonder if you want to go to map A at waypoint X (for whatever reason, event, guild meeting etc). You pull up the world map. You see waypoint X as well as a bunch of other waypoints X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, etc (listed by closest distance to waypoint X)

If waypoint X is not contestable, then previously, you see waypoint X not contested. Now you still see waypoint X not contested. Nothing changed.

If waypoint X is contestable, then previously, you see waypoint X contested, now you see it uncontested.

You THEN decide whether you want to waypoint. The following happen:

You either waypoint, or you don’t.

If you don’t, nothing happens in both cases.

If you do. Previously you would see waypoint X contested. If waypoint X1 is contestable, you would also see it contested. If waypoint X2 is contestable, you would also see it contested, until you see one that is NOT contested, say X4 (which is probably a mile away).

You waypoint to X4, only to find out that X1, or X2 is not contested. You then now decide to either run to X or waypoint to X1 or X2 – take that or miss the event if there is one.

With the current system. You waypoint directly to X (because you see it uncontested) from your map. On its map X is contested. The system will then see if X1 is contested. If it is not, then you are ported to X1 (without cost). If X1 is contested, then the system see whether X2 is contested, if not then you are directed to X2 (again without cost), etc. instead of you having to go all the way to maybe X4 or X6 then have to teleport to X1 or X2 again.

TL:DR: The current system is better.

(edited by Stars.2179)

June 17 update

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I hope that Slough of Despond Waypoint in Frostgorge now again works as before, that it gives you a message that you are ported to the next, but you are NOT portet since that WP is never really contested since the mobs are behind the wall and never come to the WP.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

June 17 update

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

OP, you don’t ever get sent to another map as there is always at least one uncontested waypoint per map.

I hope that Slough of Despond Waypoint in Frostgorge now again works as before, that it gives you a message that you are ported to the next, but you are NOT portet since that WP is never really contested since the mobs are behind the wall and never come to the WP.

I’ve been able to port into that map to that waypoint now and get the message then that it’s contested.

June 17 update

Posted by: atlrising.5134

atlrising.5134

I’m worried the new 200 gold cost for arenas is too high. At least at last check the conversion for the old 1600 gem cost won’t even let you buy one.

June 17 update

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I’m worried the new 200 gold cost for arenas is too high. At least at last check the conversion for the old 1600 gem cost won’t even let you buy one.

People were using them to gain PvP stature but not playing in REAL PvP – they were just grinding capping with friends. This will make it a little harder to do that.

June 17 update

Posted by: Miriam.2506

Miriam.2506

Me too and really a little bit unfair for small guilds getting such amount of money. This would make the system die of private Arenas and A-Net still destroyed a good system. Sure people will use it for doing their game and collecting the new dungeon ways. But nobody from us told them to add those award systems to pvp an nobody from us told them to develops such arenas people can not do anything else. If there would be a perfect system of arena maps and reward nobody would complain about. But well it’s at the moment the only way getting dungeon rewards as long as they don’t become open world for all.

June 17 update

Posted by: Miriam.2506

Miriam.2506

Me too and really a little bit unfair for small guilds getting such amount of money. This would make the system die of private Arenas and A-Net still destroyed a good system. Sure people will use it for doing their game and collecting the new dungeon ways. But nobody from us told them to add those award systems to pvp an nobody from us told them to develops such arenas people can not do anything else. If there would be a perfect system of arena maps and reward nobody would complain about. But well it’s at the moment the only way getting dungeon rewards as long as they don’t become open world for all.

June 17 update

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

The times of the new rotations of world bosses are really confusing for those of us who do not use UTC, PST or PDT. Can someone please tell me which column to use, as people are turning up for events (notably karka queen) and it doesn’t spawn. This is using a timezone converter with the published UTC times, as currently PST is not in use(it’s PDT) but ANet have listed the times in PST- what am i supposed to believe?

June 17 update

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

I think the dulfy timer: http://dulfy.net/2014/04/23/event-timer/ either adjusts to the time zone you’re in, or maybe defaults to US Eastern time zone. I’ve never had to tell it my time zone. Can anyone confirm that this timer somehow picks up on the local PC’s time zone?(Or does it just default to the same time zone I use?)

June 17 update

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

It does not appear the the dulfey.net timer app has not yet been updated.

Try this one: http://howar31.github.io/GW2Timer/

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

June 17 update

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Thank you for the link. It’s odd, the dulfy.net timer was the first(I noticed) to be updated. It’s reading the same events & times as http://howar31.github.io/GW2Timer/ (at the moment) The dulfy timer does seem to need a refresh at times, though.
I do like the http://howar31.github.io/GW2Timer/ timer a lot. It’s got a clear, easy to read display. Thanks again for sharing that link. And both dulfy and the howar31 timer seem to take the local time from the time zone set on your PC. I changed mine and they both adjusted.(after a refresh)

(edited by Elden Arnaas.4870)