Just 2 replies on 1300 comments

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kuess.1842

Kuess.1842

I’m not grasping why we got just 2 replies from Anet on the 1300+ thread about townsclothing. Over 1300 comments were made. Video’s protesting are made.

Does it matter if we start a petition? Or a huge revolt? I mean, you where the ones telling us that if we all go into huge protest we might even get the Evon fractal. Is this the moment we do this. Not for the fractals but against the removal of mixing some of the towns sets and not being able to dye them.

Or is it possible to get a reaction just more that “we are sorry”. Because this topic is raising A LOT of questions and if creating a lot of tears. It’s becoming one of the largests threats since launch….Even a hint that you will reply with more clear anwsers in week/weeks/<timeperiod>. Just don’t leave us hanging.

PS: while your at it maybe a fix for raptors perch :P some guilds do Trek

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

First, this should be in that thread. Second, it’s been the weekend and whatever response they make probably needs a lot of serious discussion amongst themselves first. Third, today is April Fools and they’d be idiots to post anything about it today. Fourth, since the change isn’t coming until the 15th, they have time to work on a fix (if one is possible) and present it to us once they know it will work.

I’m kittened off too, while I’ve bought -some- gems I’ve spent far less this last week than I would have. I’ve gotten paranoid about the store for the first time ever and had my previously solid faith in the devs doing the level best they can to provide fun to us fairly severely shaken.

However, I don’t think it’s time to cry foul on them for failure to speak to us on the issue. Not yet.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

1. Most players don’t care about town clothes. I could count on one hand the number of times I’ve worn them. Nobody in my guild is concerned about this at all. I’ve not even seen people complain about it on map chat.

2. The wardrobe is awesome.

3. They’re not going to hold back the awesomeness of wardrobe just because a minority of players can’t wear a hoodie anymore. If they did, there would be a MUCH bigger outcry on the forums.

4. If they are investigating options to allow use of these clothes, they’re not going to post it here, because if it turns out they can’t do anything people would be even more upset than they are now.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

Out of those 1300 comments, I estimate about 15-20 people being responsible for 90% of them. 99% of the comments don’t need or don’t deserve a response.

That doesn’t leave a whole lot of need to respond.

Stop feeling so entitled…it’ll only kitten up your life.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

1. Most players don’t care about town clothes.

Yeah .. also never cared about them, and i’m only happy now that i could use the Pirate Oufit in Combat. And i think that is also the only interesting part for most players.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Would have been better if they just made town clothes sets to be individual armor skins like the single clothing parts will be, so that people can continue mixing and matching while using them in combat.

Doesn’t really affect me though, I never bought town clothes or accessories because the available selection is too sparse, but I was on the fence until I read about the changes; that I am very happy I never bought town clothes should indicate which side of the fence I’m fallen into.

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Players wear town clothes?

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

1300 replies for like 6 people… you’ll get over it on the 15th or you’ll leave, either way Anet doesn’t care.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Would have been better if they just made town clothes sets to be individual armor skins like the single clothing parts will be, so that people can continue mixing and matching while using them in combat.

They can’t. It’s a technical limitation with how they handle different armor weights. Each armor piece is assigned a different area of the image used to texture your character and different weights have different sections. The outfit slot being a single piece is simply a workaround. They could have left in the town clothing slots as a full override (can’t mix armor with town clothes), but I guess they didn’t want to save the data for those extra slots, on top of the 1000+ they just added for wardrobe.

If they made outfits single pieces and wearable as armor, they would look different and it would limit future options. Not sure why they’re making the single pieces tonics though, when they could just fit them to the closest matching weight. I can see why they wouldn’t want to have stuff like the t-shirt as armor though.

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

1. Anet is a large company, it takes time for the bosses to formulate an official response.
  2. Formulating a response could depend on many factors from many departments on how to proceed.
  3. They most likely won’t respond/change their minds until AFTER they at least release the patch.
  4. GW1 let you wear clothes over armor, but they clothes were all or nothing, full body (minus helm).
  5. Even if anet wants to make clothes inner changeable over top armor, that will require TONS of work. So don’t expect anything soon.
Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Players wear town clothes?

What are these town clothes you speak of?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances