Just did my first Tequatl

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

And kitten , it was fun as heck.

Please give us more “epic scale” content like this, ANet, it’s so much more fun than the DPS-fest that all the other world bosses boil down to

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Mavis.1463

Mavis.1463

Only if you buy more gems and gem-store items!
ANet needs your cash for… something probably, who knows.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Wait untill you experience dc when dragon is on 10% of the health.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Pretty sure Tequatl is a DPS-fest after it’s boiled down.

Glad you had fun though, I did too when it first came out.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

And kitten , it was fun as heck.

Please give us more “epic scale” content like this, ANet, it’s so much more fun than the DPS-fest that all the other world bosses boil down to

Oh, so you mean those burn phases aren’t “DPS-fests”?

It kind of blows my mind how much people hate dealing damage to things.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I guess the op is so ignorant that he thinks that Teq isn’t a dps-fest because you can’t crit him. He has also made another post similar to this one in the guardian subforum.
At this point he’s just crying out loud how much he despises the zerker meta.

To be fair compared to most fights it isn’t really a DPS-fest.
In most fights you can just stand on the enemy and hit it until it dies. With Tequatl you actually have to organize and split up in order to complete it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I guess the op is so ignorant that he thinks that Teq isn’t a dps-fest because you can’t crit him. He has also made another post similar to this one in the guardian subforum.

In most fights you can just stand on the enemy and hit it until it dies. With Tequatl you actually have to organize and split up in order to complete it.

this guy gets it.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

I really like Tequatl. An organized map has more of an advantage even if undermanned than a disorganized map that is full. The Marionette was the best, tho.
Tried Triple Trouble a few times, but it always seems to fall apart somewhere.
Has it gotten any better?

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I would take the scorn with a huge grain of salt. It was not that long ago the teq was not done at all because it was too hard.

Posted by: Lhos.1643

Lhos.1643

Teq is an example of the kind of content I’ve missed here, having played BC/WoTLK WoW.

While teamwork is required in some boss encounters here, the soft trinity means it’s a completely different kind of teamwork, and nobody feels like they have a role of any kind. Fights seem to devolve into 5+ people just running all over the place and tyring to smack the boss while not getting stomped on or hit with any of the the aoe being spammed around.

Teq enforces roles. This organizes the fight. Everyone knows how to down Teq now, but it’s the kind of fight you will inevitably fail to complete unless you can figure out the puzzle.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Yes. It’s wonderful.
Stacking next to a foot while spamming all your skills.

I’d much rather have more Legendary Grawl Shamans.

Attachments:

lordkrall.7241

Yes. It’s wonderful.

Yes, I would love to see you complete Tequatl with everyone just stacking next to a foot and spamming all skills.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

I can imagine if your playstyle is “map completion and world bosses,” Tequatl would seem very interesting, yes. Compared to something like Fractals, though, Teq is a little dull.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

great! now go do triple trouble!

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

People complaining about current teq being “just a DPs fest” (when its not)?

Man, I bet you would have heart attacks fighting against OLD teq….

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

It is so funny to see people complain about how ’’easy’’ and ‘’dps-focused’’ the game is.
You should have been here during beta when the first 10 pages were filled with complaints that the game is too hard and Anet lied about it being casual.

GW2 wasn’t always easy, it used to be challenging. But thanks to tens of threads to tune the game down, Anet decided to take the casual path and believe it or not, if the content was to be tuned up again, there would be thousends of complaints to tune it down again.

Posted by: eugenstash.8610

eugenstash.8610

It is so funny to see people complain about how ’’easy’’ and ‘’dps-focused’’ the game is.
You should have been here during beta when the first 10 pages were filled with complaints that the game is too hard and Anet lied about it being casual.

GW2 wasn’t always easy, it used to be challenging. But thanks to tens of threads to tune the game down, Anet decided to take the casual path and believe it or not, if the content was to be tuned up again, there would be thousends of complaints to tune it down again.

You know, to be honest, I’d like to see the difficulty raised a bit. I think it would force people, myself included to really be in tune with there classes. Although I love my guard there are times when i can literally just tank damage. Although my rotations are important, a bit more strategy would be refreshing. Not to say there isnt any but it seems to me with Tequatil for example strategy always outwins DPS. I’ve only done tequatil about 10 times but each of those times, organization by commanders almost always equals killing Teq.

I love the game, but champs trains are a perfect example of how the game somewhat lacks diversity within its strategic boss encounters. I’m not saying we need Dark souls 1 difficulty but raise it up a bit for the sake of challenge seekers like myself.

Posted by: Kaiser.8504

Kaiser.8504

It kind of blows my mind how much people hate dealing damage to things.

Secretly an elitist jaguar
[Noob] Info Desk | [LOD]

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

In this case, Lordkrall is correct. It is not a simple “DPS-fest”. While damage is key to killing everything in this game — this boss actually requires more to it than just standing there pressing one and afking (as World Bosses are).

I enjoy the Teq fight even now.
Still wish they’d give the same sort of makeover to Jormag, Shatterer, and even Queen Karka (as I believe its still considered a “Legendary Boss” by Anet).

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Yes. It’s wonderful.

Hey next time you do Teq, how about turn around and see what the rest of the groups are doing…

Just because you chose to be in the foot DPS group doesn’t make the entire encounter DPS.

Thank everyone else that isn’t in the DPS group for your victory. Assuming you’ve seen victory on Teq that is. Without the other people, you wouldn’t get anywhere.

I’d like someone to name a raid boss in any other MMO that does not require doing damage to them…

I mean seriously, what MMO boss can’t technically be considered a DPS-fest. They have HP, you deal damage, there’s only one way to deplete their HP…hrmmmmm

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

great! now go do triple trouble!

Am I the only one that have never completed Triple Trouble or are there others?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Yes. It’s wonderful.

So you are only doing the DPS part of the encounter and then whine about its only about stacking and spamming all your skills?

Do you change your build to fix the encounter? Do you help revive your fellow players that are down? Do you dodge the wave? Do you help stacking might? Do you drop or use conjure? Do you bring consumable like the pet whistle or the elemental powder? Do you try to find the double dmg spot? Do you don’t spam all your skill and try to use the right skill? Do you take care of the turret to decrease the armor? Do you use turret to remove the AoE on the zerg? Do you protect the turret?

Plenty of things to do during a Teq, stacking at the feel and spaming all your skill is only a small part of the total encounter. If everybody would do Teq like you, it wouldn’t done on a regular basis.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

There are 6 people out of 150 at teq whose job isn’t DPS.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

As a person that regularly volunteers for defense teams, I’d like to say “Hello”. But I imagine you’re being a smart little kitten * pets * and just boiling everything down to DPS and DPS only.

Such a cute little kitten. * pets *

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

As a person that regularly volunteers for defense teams, I’d like to say “Hello”. But I imagine you’re being a smart little kitten * pets * and just boiling everything down to DPS and DPS only.

Defending turrets requires you to dps and only dps unless you fail your job and have to repair the turret… then you have to press “F” twice.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Thaddeus.4891

Defending turrets requires you to dps and only dps unless you fail your job and have to repair the turret… then you have to press “F” twice.

Well in this case almost everything in every game can be boil down to dps and dps only.

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Well in this case almost everything in every game can be boil down to dps and dps only.

We aren’t talking about the rest of the game, we are talking about teq. The south hills job is to put a reflect up when the finger spawns, kill it, and then go back to the hills to kill the mobs. If you cite the one guy who casts feedback as a “non-dps role” I think it’s you who is stretching whats happening there.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Thaddeus.4891

We aren’t talking about the rest of the game, we are talking about teq. The south hills job is to put a reflect up when the finger spawns, kill it, and then go back to the hills to kill the mobs. If you cite the one guy who casts feedback as a “non-dps role” I think it’s you who is stretching whats happening there.

Stretching what? I only responded to the guys that said that Teq is stacking at the feet and spamming all skills.

Ya you can boil down everything in the game to dps if you want. Everything is about killing enemies after all no? Anyway, I don’t see where this discussion is going.

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

Yes, I would love to see you complete Tequatl with everyone just stacking next to a foot and spamming all skills.

This has been done, and has worked. It only works if the entire map is participating and dealing decent damage though. You just whack on Tequatl, whack on the bone wall when it comes up, and make it to the first battery phase. Then you chain the second burn into second battery, and so on.

This won’t work if 15 people are afk, and they inevitably are on a map that isn’t occupied exclusively by one enormous guild. So it’s risky, and generally a better tactic to rely on the fight mechanics (i.e. turrets with defense).

I’d love it too if another boss or dragon was ramped up to Teq’s level. Like the Shatterer, maybe? That fight is so easy that people joke about giving him a pedicure the whole time.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Its funny how someone comes in and says, “this was fun. more of this please.” and its followed by the same half dozen posters as always saying “NO. you did not have fun – and here is why.”

Ive done Tequatl a bunch of times and I agree – it is a fun experience. We definitely need more like it in the game (Shatterer/Jormag need to be brought to the same level, imo).

Fights like this are something that the ArenaNet does really well – and that fit well in the game.

The most interesting thing about Tequatl is how the community has adapted to the fight. The same could be said of Drytop, Silverwastes and even Triple Trouble to a degree (as well as some older content like the Marionette, Boss Blitz and LA Assault). I love seeing the community as a whole get better and work together better on this kind of content (and that is exactly what has happened, regardless of what the naysayers yell about on the forums).

This kind of content is where GW2 really shines and where I hope Anet focuses most of their attention in the future. It is what will build a more alive world with lots of potential content for large groups.

lordkrall.7241

This has been done, and has worked. It only works if the entire map is participating and dealing decent damage though. You just whack on Tequatl, whack on the bone wall when it comes up, and make it to the first battery phase. Then you chain the second burn into second battery, and so on.

And yet if everyone just stacks on the foot the batteries will get destroyed before half of the first defend-phase and as such it would not be possible to chain the second burn and so on.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Its funny how someone comes in and says, “this was fun. more of this please.” and its followed by the same half dozen posters as always saying “NO. you did not have fun – and here is why.”

Cannot put it into better words. Thumbs up.

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Cannot put it into better words. Thumbs up.

I agree, I don’t see why every discussion has to be derailed to a “meta” discussion. Teq is fun… deal with it.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!