Just got Griefed HARD - Kicked during last boss fight

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

This is my story.

I joined a party for HotW explorable. Since you don’t get ANY tokens on the way to the final boss.. well, I had earned nothing so far, even though I was leading the group, calling out strategies, etc.

At one point, I called out a player for doing something terrible (walking down the hallway face first, attacking totems on the boss) etc. This was only after I had explained the situation, it wasn’t blatant flaming.

So I guess this guy had a buddy or (two?) in the group. Long story short, we were downing the boss when he got to a very low percentage and I was kicked from the party, allowing me to gain absolutely nothing from my time investment.

Balanced? Fair? How many votes does it take to kick someone from a party of 5?
2 votes? 3?

Either way, I feel totally kitten in this scenario. And you better believe that if it doesn’t get looked at, IM going to be the one kicking out the terrible player with my friends right before the last boss goes down to prove some points.

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

(edited by George Steel.1804)

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

This was a big issue in TERA and it’s totally a kitten move and very unfair. I hope ArenaNet sees your post and takes some actions with the grouping system to prevent this type of thing from happening again.

Posted by: Tassy.5891

Tassy.5891

very easy to fix, just dont group with strangers.. See I fixed it.

Posted by: Oxe.6142

Oxe.6142

Either way, I feel totally kitten in this scenario. And you better believe that if it doesn’t get looked at, IM going to be the one kicking out the terrible with my friends right before the last boss goes down to prove some points.

Hey, thanks for announcing that on the forums. Got you added to my blocked list so I don’t accidentally end up in a group with you. This really helps me out, I appreciate it.

George Steel.1804

Don’t group with strangers? I’m pretty sure that’s the exact opposite of the community guild wars 2 is trying to establish. Easy hotfix fix? You can’t vote kick players during a boss fight.

Platinum – Guardian
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

George Steel.1804

Either way, I feel totally kitten in this scenario. And you better believe that if it doesn’t get looked at, IM going to be the one kicking out the terrible with my friends right before the last boss goes down to prove some points.

Hey, thanks for announcing that on the forums. Got you added to my blocked list so I don’t accidentally end up in a group with you. This really helps me out, I appreciate it.

The fact that you’re scared I would kick you out of my group is hilarious, because you just called yourself terrible.

So thank YOU!

Platinum – Guardian
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Leiloni.7951

You dislike the OP because he’s the one that got griefed? What planet are you living on where that is logical thought?

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

What happened to you, was frickin’ awful.

Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do… in a “pug”. That is the price you pay for running with strangers who, for whatever reason, have you in their sights. People can be horrid.

I’ve had great pugs, and I’ve had terrible pugs.

If I were you, I’d chalk it down to the latter and do you best to run with people you know, as much as you can. Even if you have to pug a 5th.

Posted by: FarFarAway.6579

FarFarAway.6579

Should never be able to boot someone from a dungeon group during a boss fight. That’s just terrible. lol

Posted by: ituhata.6830

ituhata.6830

I think that was the best part about lfg in other MMO’s.

Caelthras – Fort Aspenwood
3rd Flora Artillery Unit

Leiloni.7951

Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do… in a “pug”. That is the price you pay for running with strangers who, for whatever reason, have you in their sights. People can be horrid.

If I were you, I’d chalk it down to the latter and do you best to run with people you know, as much as you can. Even if you have to pug a 5th.

In my opinion, chalking it up to “some pugs are just terrible” is completely unacceptable. WoW had a kitteny community and created that behavior, but other games don’t need to follow in their footsteps. ArenaNet should strive to make this as good a gaming community as possible and not tolerate behavior like that. Further, they need to implement features in the grouping system to make booting someone mid-combat impossible, as well as taking measures to avoid groups of friends being able to boot anyone they don’t like simply because they’re all friends. People try to do all sorts of bad things in real life, that doesn’t mean we let them get away with it.

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

That’s crazy, they really need to do something about this.

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Should never be able to boot someone from a dungeon group during a boss fight. That’s just terrible. lol

Never, huh? Not even if they grief the group by doing something that makes the boss immune to damage or something like that?

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

In my opinion, chalking it up to “some pugs are just terrible” is completely unacceptable. WoW had a kitteny community and created that behavior, but other games don’t need to follow in their footsteps. ArenaNet should strive to make this as good a gaming community as possible and not tolerate behavior like that. Further, they need to implement features in the grouping system to make booting someone mid-combat impossible, as well as taking measures to avoid groups of friends being able to boot anyone they don’t like simply because they’re all friends. People try to do all sorts of bad things in real life, that doesn’t mean we let them get away with it.

Oh, I agree with you with the “unacceptable behaviour” comment. I really do. But the issue I see is, a company trying to find that “line”… I sure as hell wish (as you do), that they would hand out suspensions for crap like this..

Posted by: Lord Jaguar.9504

Lord Jaguar.9504

Ahahahahaha

Ahahah

Haha

No but really should be fixed.

Leiloni.7951

Never, huh? Not even if they grief the group by doing something that makes the boss immune to damage or something like that?

There’s far too much potential for grief when you let people kick a guy mid fight. I think ArenaNet needs to have a firm stance on this. Punish these players so others get the message that they need to treat others better in GW2.

Posted by: Izziee.8392

Izziee.8392

This is my story.

I joined a party for HotW explorable. Since you don’t get ANY tokens on the way to the final boss.. well, I had earned nothing so far, even though I was leading the group, calling out strategies, etc.

At one point, I called out a player for doing something terrible (walking down the hallway face first, attacking totems on the boss) etc. This was only after I had explained the situation, it wasn’t blatant flaming.

So I guess this guy had a buddy or (two?) in the group. Long story short, we were downing the boss when he got to a very low percentage and I was kicked from the party, allowing me to gain absolutely nothing from my time investment.

2 votes? 3?

Either way, I feel totally kitten in this scenario. And you better believe that if it doesn’t get looked at, IM going to be the one kicking out the terrible player with my friends right before the last boss goes down to prove some points.

You was “leading” the group? Everyone always talks about leading them. You sure you wasn’t just being plain old bossy and annoying? Demanding this that and whatever?

A player did “something terrible” and you said something? Yeah, can tell right there I bet it was condescending

Then you got your comeuppance, there’s actually a currency in this game, it’s called Karma.

To top it all off, because some irrelevant group didn’t stand for it, you’re now going to kick the next innocent person who screws up? I bet you NEVER screw up, I bet on your first time you get it perfect.

And you “demand” that it get’s looked at? By who, Anet?

Yeah, everyone’s innocent on this forum, never screw up and the best player out there and it’s never ever their fault, no no, can’t be. I mean, just look at your attitude, we can totally see you’re the one who got screwed here..right?

(edited by Izziee.8392)

Posted by: Tassy.5891

Tassy.5891

eh I don’t group with strangers because today’s MMO players are often wow gamers, an that generation really are bottom of barrel for “community”. I group with friends only. So I don’t have any issues of such things. Mind you, I don’t do dungeon grinds so….

I will say one thing though, why are people demanding Anet fix this for them. Take some self responsibility an deal with it yourselves.
Blackball known trouble makers. In old days this si how we dealt with people who only wanted to be idiots. It worked well, when that persons name got round an none would play with them.
Often times they deleted an rerolled or even quit.

(edited by Tassy.5891)

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

I fail to see how you doing this terrible thing to someone else in any way improves anything, other than assuage your anger.

What happened stinks, no doubt about that. But promoting bad behaviour by imitation is certainly not the answer.

George Steel.1804

Oh, I agree with you with the “unacceptable behaviour” comment. I really do. But the issue I see is, a company trying to find that “line”… I sure as hell wish (as you do), that they would hand out suspensions for crap like this..

That’s exactly what I’m hoping for. I have two of the four player names, and pretty much all it would take is looking through a few party chat logs/dungeon logs(not sure if these exist really) to see what happened. What I really want is these players to face some sort of suspension.

I’m okay with the tokens not being there, I really am. But it’s more of the principle.

Platinum – Guardian
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Izziee.8392

While what you say speaks some truth in it, just read the OP’s “story”. Let me try to make something clear to you here, not everyone decides to tell the FULL story, or how it REALLY went. There’s a lot of clue’s in the OP’s post to say there’s a very good chance he deserved it. You know those people you were talking about from other MMO’s? Yeah..

Leiloni.7951

This is my story.

2 votes? 3?

You was “leading” the group? Everyone always talks about leading them. You sure you wasn’t just being plain old bossy and annoying? Demanding this that and whatever?

A player did “something terrible” and you said something? Yeah, can tell right there I bet it was condescending

Then you got your comeuppance, there’s actually a currency in this game, it’s called Karma.

To top it all off, because some irrelevant group didn’t stand for it, you’re not going to kick the next innocent person who screws up? I bet you NEVER screw up, I bet on your first time you get it perfect.

Yeah, everyone’s innocent on this forum, never screw up and the best player out there and it’s never ever their fault, no no, can’t be. I mean, just look at your attitude, we can totally see you’re the one who got screwed here..right?

If he’s calling out strategies than yes, he’s leading. In GW2 dungeons it’s very much necessary that someone takes on that role. If they didn’t like it, they should have said something to him. How else is he supposed to know what they think of his behavior? Them kicking him out after he has walked them through the entire dungeon and helped them get the last boss down to a sliver of health is the most kitten move they could have taken and much more immature than the idea that he may possibly be bossy. Get real dude.

If they didn’t like him, they should have said something at the start before he put in all the effort to finish the place. That would have been the polite, mature move. They used him basically.

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

Posted by: Hidon.4680

Hidon.4680

To top it all off, because some irrelevant group didn’t stand for it, you’re not going to kick the next innocent person who screws up? I bet you NEVER screw up, I bet on your first time you get it perfect.

We don’t know the exact details of the scenario, and whether or not the criticism was condescending. However, one thing is for certain, you should not be able to kick someone during a boss fight. That is definitively a kitten move no matter how you slice it.

Posted by: FarFarAway.6579

FarFarAway.6579

It doesn’t matter what his story is. Kicking mid-fight should not be possible. If you end up with a group member who is griefing, kick them after the fight and then attempt again. No biggie. The potential for griefing is far greater with the ability TO kick mid-fight, than to NOT be able to kick until the fight is over.

Izziee.8392

This is my story.

2 votes? 3?

If he’s calling out strategies than yes, he’s leading. In GW2 dungeons it’s very much necessary that someone takes on that role. If they didn’t like it, they should have said something to him. How else is he supposed to know what they think of his behavior? Them kicking him out after he has walked them through the entire dungeon and helped them get the last boss down to a sliver of health is the most kitten move they could have taken and much more immature than the idea that he may possibly be bossy. Get real dude.

If they didn’t like him, they should have said something at the start before he put in all the effort to finish the place. That would have been the polite, mature move.

Actually no. I’ve been in groups before (As a raid leader) with say 4 guildies and 1 PuG member. I don’t go bossing them around, if they need advice, I’ll offer it. Some people just think their entitled to start demanding things, and personally, I’ll just ignore them. I know what I’m doing, and I expect those guys did too. It’s been the case more often than not, that when a person like that get’s kicked from the group, it goes smooth as butter.

George Steel.1804

This is my story.

2 votes? 3?

1. Leading in terms of – this is the strategy. You need to turn around and walk backwards. You don’t need to attack totems. I don’t sit around passively, it’s not my personality (you should try leading, it’ll get you somewhere)

2. Yes, did something terrible in terms of, I explained by TYPING OUT what needs to be done, then there was blatant disregard for anything just said, leading to the players own death. Then I called them out on it “Dude I just told you walk backwards what are you doing?”

3. I didn’t say im going to kick anyone for screwing up. I said i’m going to kick Bad Quality players when I have them in my group right before the last boss goes down. Kicking these people will (not only void them of the reward they don’t deserve) but HOPEFULLY cause some sort of attention to the situation (which is what I really want, I want it resolved).

And about your comments on my attitude? You’re not my mom or my boss, so I don’t really care, and i’m sure no one else does either.

EDIT: Oh and yeah, we had two first time HotW explorable moders in the group. Hence why LEADING is required.

Platinum – Guardian
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Leiloni.7951

While what you say speaks some truth in it, just read the OP’s “story”. Let me try to make something clear to you here, not everyone decides to tell the FULL story, or how it REALLY went. There’s a lot of clue’s in the OP’s post to say there’s a very good chance he deserved it. You know those people you were talking about from other MMO’s? Yeah..

Like the poster above me stated, no one deserves to be kicked out at the end of the last boss fight, or during combat of any kind. If I did that, I’d be as big of a jerk as the guy I’m trying to kick. All it does is cause people to continue acting that way.

Izziee.8392

It doesn’t matter what his story is. Kicking mid-fight should not be possible. If you end up with a group member who is griefing, kick them after the fight and then attempt again. No biggie. The potential for griefing is far greater with the ability TO kick mid-fight, than to NOT be able to kick until the fight is over.

Again, I haven’t an issue with what you say about kicking midway through a fight, then again, what if someone just decides to go AFK or grief them back? It can work both ways you know.

I don’t see why anyone would kick through the middle of a fight after doing the whole dungeon with someone just for funzies. There’d most likely be a reason for it. I wasn’t there, I don’t know, but one thing I do know, looking at the OP’s attitude on how he’s going to kick the next undeserving person who isn’t even related to the issue? Yeah, I’ll stick to my first instincts and think that he probably deserved it.

Leiloni.7951

I don’t see why anyone would kick through the middle of a fight after doing the whole dungeon with someone just for funzies.

You need to play more MMO’s. There are a lot of kittenes out there who do just that sort of thing.

I had a guy in the last game I played continually pull and then leash a boss so we couldn’t kick him from the group because in that game you couldn’t kick mid combat. That game also had an issue with groups kicking people at the start with no word why simply because they weren’t the ideal class after that person had spent an hour in queue. Or guildies would get 4 people together and queue for the instant teleport to the dungeon, and then wait for the 5th guildie to make his way through the queue, kicking everyone who got in the dungeon before him. I have been kicked from a dungeon partway through for various reasons, even ones as dumb as “my guildie just logged in and wants to do this dungeon so we’re going to finish it with him”.

Lots of people in MMO’s are jerks.

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

George Steel.1804

Again, I haven’t an issue with what you say about kicking midway through a fight, then again, what if someone just decides to go AFK or grief them back? It can work both ways you know.

I don’t see why anyone would kick through the middle of a fight after doing the whole dungeon with someone just for funzies. There’d most likely be a reason for it. I wasn’t there, I don’t know, but one thing I do know, looking at the OP’s attitude on how he’s going to kick the next undeserving person who isn’t even related to the issue? Yeah, I’ll stick to my first instincts and think that he probably deserved it.

Again referring to my attitude. How is your attitude when you singlehandedly lead a newbie team to the end of a dungeon to be KICKED with the final boss at 10%? Please, tell me how great your attitude would be?

Platinum – Guardian
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Izziee.8392

This is my story.

2 votes? 3?

1. Leading in terms of – this is the strategy. You need to turn around and walk backwards. You don’t need to attack totems. I don’t sit around passively, it’s not my personality (you should try leading, it’ll get you somewhere)

2. Yes, did something terrible in terms of, I explained by TYPING OUT what needs to be done, then there was blatant disregard for anything just said, leading to the players own death. Then I called them out on it “Dude I just told you walk backwards what are you doing?”

3. I didn’t say im going to kick anyone for screwing up. I said i’m going to kick Bad Quality players when I have them in my group right before the last boss goes down. Kicking these people will (not only void them of the reward they don’t deserve) but HOPEFULLY cause some sort of attention to the situation (which is what I really want, I want it resolved).

And about your comments on my attitude? You’re not my mom or my boss, so I don’t really care, and i’m sure no one else does either.

EDIT: Oh and yeah, we had two first time HotW explorable moders in the group. Hence why LEADING is required.

And you should try reading, it might get you even further. I’ve already stated I’m a raid leader, in fact, I’m a GM also.

usually, if someone disregards what you’ve said, then that just further makes me question your “leading” skills.

“bad quality” Yeah, that make’s it alright then. Someone that isn’t “your” standards, but you basically admit, stamping your feet because you’re not getting your own way and making someone else suffer.

Why would I care if you do or not? Don’t flatter yourself. Someone’s already blocked you from a forum thread you created so they don’t have to party with you, that say’s a lot.

You just enforce my theory basically. Nothing else to say.

Posted by: ostracize.8316

ostracize.8316

Stories like this are rarely completely true. By “called out”, he probably means said “you kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten don’t kitten kitten kitten mother kitten kitten kitten” and then went AFK.

maybe not that extreme, but if you’re only going to tell half of the story, we get to make up the other half.

You want sympathy? Show us chat logs.

Izziee.8392

I don’t see why anyone would kick through the middle of a fight after doing the whole dungeon with someone just for funzies.

You need to play more MMO’s. There are a lot of kittenes out there who do just that sort of thing.

I had a guy in the last game I played continually pull and then leash a boss so we couldn’t kick him from the group because in that game you couldn’t kick mid combat. That game also had an issue with groups kicking people at the start with no word why simply because they weren’t the ideal class after that person had spent an hour in queue. Or guildies would get 4 people together and queue for the instant teleport to the dungeon, and then wait for the 5th guildie to make his way through the queue, kicking everyone who got in the dungeon before him. I have been kicked from a dungeon partway through for various reasons, even ones as dumb as “my guildie just logged in and wants to do this dungeon so we’re going to finish it with him”.

Lots of people in MMO’s are jerks.

I’ve played MMO’s since ultima online, never happened to me. It’s one of three things, you, the people you choose to group with or you’re just really, really REALLY unlucky. If stuff like this happens, you need to ask yourself why, and possibly reevaluate your own methods.

Posted by: ostracize.8316

ostracize.8316

We have all encountered these people in our groups. They call you bad, or noob, because you haven’t mastered the content the first time you’re in a dungeon. They are never civil, and judging by the op using words like terrible to describe players, and the fact that he threatens to do the same to other people if this isn’t fixed, shows exactly what type of player this is, and how he cannot be trusted to give an unbiased account of what really happened.

Leiloni.7951

usually, if someone disregards what you’ve said, then that just further makes me question your “leading” skills.

Since when do people always listen to directions lol? Come on.

Bottom line is they kicked him mid combat at the last boss after he took them through the whole place. I don’t care what his attitude was, that is not acceptable behavior. By doing that they are worse than he is.

Izziee.8392

Stories like this are rarely completely true. By “called out”, he probably means said “you kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten don’t kitten kitten kitten mother kitten kitten kitten” and then went AFK.

maybe not that extreme, but if you’re only going to tell half of the story, we get to make up the other half.

You want sympathy? Show us chat logs.

Exactly this.

Goes for the above post also. Exactly the feelings I have on the subject. It’s one of those things, what comes around, goes around.

George Steel.1804

We have all encountered these people in our groups. They call you bad, or noob, because you haven’t mastered the content the first time you’re in a dungeon. They are never civil, and judging by the op using words like terrible to describe players, and the fact that he threatens to do the same to other people if this isn’t fixed, shows exactly what type of player this is, and how he cannot be trusted to give an unbiased account of what really happened.

Yeah, because you were there. No, i’m pretty sure you’re just jumping to conclusions. So what if I call players terrible? There are terrible players, in fact. What I’m demonstrating is my willingness to do the same that was done to me if the issue doesn’t get looked at, as simple as that. I will replicate what the others have if they don’t get punished or the system doesn’t get changed.

And more generalization about what kind of player I am.. awesome. People just can’t get the facts straight – We need punishment for this action and you should NOT BE KICKABLE during a boss fight

Platinum – Guardian
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Izziee.8392

This is my story.

2 votes? 3?

And you should try reading, it might get you even further. I’ve already stated I’m a raid leader, in fact, I’m a GM also.

“bad quality” Yeah, that make’s it alright then. Someone that isn’t “your” standards, but you basically admit, stamping your feet because you’re not getting your own way and making someone else suffer.

Why would I care if you do or not? Don’t flatter yourself. Someone’s already blocked you from a forum thread you created so they don’t have to party with you, that say’s a lot.

You just enforce my theory basically. Nothing else to say.

You don’t have a theory. And sorry, but once again, no one cares what guild you lead, what raids you lead, what you do on sunday nights alone in the basement, and how bad your hair smells. You can’t possible think telling me these things will bring you validity do you?

I AM stamping my feet, and i WILL make others suffer (if you had read what I said you would know this>) IF THE ISSUE DOESNT GET LOOKED AT. I will do this to prove a point and MAKE it an issue that needs to be looked at and resolved.

Do I care if someone insignificant blocked me? No. Do I care if a griefing issue as large as this one in a “Grief-free game” goes on without being looked at? Yes.

HAHAHAHA! Yeah, you deserved it. No, I don’t have a theory anymore, due to your last post, I have facts which you summed up nicely for me. I do like how you speak for everyone btw, because everyone cares what you think also right? Oh wait, obviously not. Since, ya’ know. You were kicked.

George Steel.1804

@ Izzie

I do really appreciate you showing how unproductive and useless your posts are, I will now save my own time by not responding or reading them! bravo!

Platinum – Guardian
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Posted by: Zuggy.4501

Zuggy.4501

I would think the simple solution would be to not allow a kick vote to be initiated while in combat and require a majority (3 instead of 2) for a kick.

Izziee.8392

@ Izzie

I do really appreciate you showing how unproductive and useless your posts are, I will now save my own time by not responding or reading them! bravo!

And this effects me how?

George Steel.1804

I would think the simple solution would be to not allow a kick vote to be initiated while in combat and require a majority (3 instead of 2) for a kick.

Exactly. I would even consider FOUR people need to agree to kick from a party of five inside a dungeon. Would requiring four people to agree to the kick be a BAD thing?

And In-Combat kicking should definitely not be allowed to protect against situations like what happened to me.

Platinum – Guardian
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

I’ve never been in a MMO where the kick option wasn’t abused.

So why have a kick option at all? It should not be an option. Just roll with the group you have and have fun.

If it doesn’t work out, just leave and reform the group without the problematic person.

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Kicking someone while you are midcombat just seems like a plain bad idea (regardless of what actually happened here/if you believe the one sided story or not…OP in the future you might just present the issue that needs to be changed without retelling an event that could be construed as a personal attack because you’ll likely get attacked yourself).

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Hahahahaha.

Izziee, I commend you on your posts.

George Steel, the way you’re reacting to Izziee’s post insultingly/immaturely pretty much reinforces his point: that you may have come across as condescending/insulting and gave legit reason for these people to boot you. Obviously I can be completely wrong, but unless you show us the actual chat log, I am leaning toward the fact that, yes, you did somewhat deserve it.

Posted by: valdamus.6289

valdamus.6289

I agree 100% with George Steel!! Mainly because I still need a good 700 tokens from hotw and I dont want to get the boot at the boss from him. He did stamp his feet and I dont want to be part of the sufferees!

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Gawna.6519

Gawna.6519

Arg, that’s awful. Sorry that happened to you. If I recall correctly, it takes 1 person to begin the kick process and then a second person has to to confirm it. This should really be rectified so that people aren’t griefed after putting in a bunch of time and energy just for nothing.

Gawna . Gawnaball . Gawnapewpew . Gawnapick . Mamadapolis
NSFW : Dragonbrand

George Steel.1804

Hahahahaha.

Izziee, I commend you on your posts.

George Steel, the way you’re reacting to Izziee’s post insultingly/immaturely pretty much reinforces his point: that you may have come across as condescending/insulting and gave legit reason for these people to boot you. Obviously I can be completely wrong, but unless you show us the actual chat log, I am leaning toward the fact that, yes, you did somewhat deserve it.

If the group thought I was condescending, they could have kicked me 5 minutes in.. 10 minutes in.

Instead, TWO people were able to remove me from a group when the last boss was nearly dead (hence, they were also able to use me for the last fight too). Any way you look at it, that’s griefing.

And I’ll decline to comment on the Izzie’s terribly thought out posts.

Platinum – Guardian
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

(edited by George Steel.1804)

Posted by: Krimpton.4879

Krimpton.4879

TWANG.!!!

And thats the sound of the OP’s Baby pacifier {baby’s dummy} hitting the opposite wall..
As others have pointed out here and looking at you posts all i can think is that your ’’leadership’’ skills stink..
Not trying to be insulting or anything but ‘’calling out’’ another player when he makes a mistake in a ’’Game’’…
Oh please come on it’s not real life it’s a leisure activity.
Plus the fact you come on forum QQ and threatening to do the very same thing to some other guy in next dungeon group your in just shows to me that YOU and the guys that kicked you realy did deserve each other.

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I do agree and disagree with some of your sentiments, George.

I do agree that being booted out of the instance mid-fight is wrong and probably should be addressed with an ANet developer. With that said, being booted from ANY party is often by vote, regardless of reason. I would assume it’s a majority vote, but I could be wrong. Now I’m willing to bet that you said something that was probably taken the wrong way, possibly to the point of being offended. In that case, I could see why you’ve been booted. I know I have booted people out of my groups in some MMOs that just happen to have poor people skills, despite wearing a set of “purplez”, “epic lootz”, or what have you. Personally, I’d rather have a person who might have some decent gear but the willingness to learn the encounters, than some arrogant whackjob in BIS gear that wants to be a jerk and the sort.

Now, I’m not calling you a jerk, but if you were really leading the group, you should be the one that enters the instance portal first. I have a funny feeling that is how the leader is determined when it comes to dungeon content.

As far as “proving a point” goes … are you willing to take a suspension and/or ban if numerous someones reports you for such behavior? If you intend to do this action more than once, then it could potentially come back to haunt you.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .