Just got to 80.

Just got to 80.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mulierem.6327

Mulierem.6327

.. And now after all the time I spent having fun leveling up, I feel this “meh” feeling now that i’ve reached maximum level.

(Which has never happened to me in any other MMO that I’ve played).

I feel lost.

Anyone else that has felt like this once they got to max level?
If so – what did you do to get your mojo back?! Help!

Just got to 80.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Go lvl an alt up to 80

Make it a goal to get all 5 races to 80 and 8 classes to 80.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Just got to 80.

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

Or go grind CoF. About 2600 runs should get you everything youneed in the game and will only take 3 years.

Just got to 80.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

If you “just got to 80” then you probably still need to gear your character in level 80 exotics, and start working on earning your ascended accessories.

If you are still lost after getting all your armor, weaponry, and accessories in order, post back and I’ll send you further in the right direction.

Just got to 80.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

.. And now after all the time I spent having fun leveling up, I feel this “meh” feeling now that i’ve reached maximum level.

(Which has never happened to me in any other MMO that I’ve played).

I feel lost.

Anyone else that has felt like this once they got to max level?
If so – what did you do to get your mojo back?! Help!

WvW is the only thing that kept me playing after 3 weeks myself. Give it a shot, even if you aren’t into PvP it can be quite enjoyable.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Just got to 80.

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Gear the 80, play WvW. WvW is the most brilliant and amazing end-game ever.

Fractals, also. I poured a ton of time into fractals and had a ton of fun doing it. Fractals really are the raid-alternative that GW2 offers.

Just got to 80.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

When my Human Guardian made max level mostly via gameplay I simply said, “huh…neat okay back to Orr.”

When my Sylvari Ranger made max level mostly via cooking I shrugged and thought, “well I finally have all trait points and can eat omnom bars and use the tray recipe”.

The only differences to me were I now have most of the map traveled, darn you red borderlands, and now I can use most of the things I craft. Also I can make food trays of the higher end stuff for strangers.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Just got to 80.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Just got to 80.

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

Fractals, also. I poured a ton of time into fractals and had a ton of fun doing it. Fractals really are the raid-alternative that GW2 offers.

I wouldn’t say it’s the “most brilliant and amazing end-game ever”. Certainly the best GW2 has going for it, but not “ever”. WvW is a poor imitation of DAoC’s RvR.

Just got to 80.

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Have you tried running Fractals?

After getting multiple toons to level 80 I have found Fractals and WvWvW to be very enjoyable.

Just got to 80.

Mulierem.6327

I tried WvW once, but what I saw was mostly just a big mash of people outdoing my smaller team, or is there more to it?

I am really clueless on the that part. :P

The normal 5v5s etc just make me facepalm as if there’s one or two people on your team that don’t know the objective, you’re screwed.

WoW has corrupted me, I feel as if I can’t have the same Raid System as they used to have – I feel little joy in gearing up, not the same “I want to get up there”-feeling, hence the “Meh” feeling I got now. Don’t know how to be cured of the WoW-Corruption.

Not quite sure how to properly explain it, to be honest.

Also, don’t get me wrong – I really really enjoyed leveling, but I want to FEEL like I want to stick with one character, not just make an alt because I felt like the journey ended at 80. (Read above about the gearing).

Just got to 80.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I tried WvW once, but what I saw was mostly just a big mash of people outdoing my smaller team, or is there more to it?

I am really clueless on the that part. :P

The normal 5v5s etc just make me facepalm as if there’s one or two people on your team that don’t know the objective, you’re screwed.

WoW has corrupted me, I feel as if I can’t have the same Raid System as they used to have – I feel little joy in gearing up, not the same “I want to get up there”-feeling, hence the “Meh” feeling I got now. Don’t know how to be cured of the WoW-Corruption.

Not quite sure how to properly explain it, to be honest.

Also, don’t get me wrong – I really really enjoyed leveling, but I want to FEEL like I want to stick with one character, not just make an alt because I felt like the journey ended at 80. (Read above about the gearing).

Hey, first of all, grats on 80!

What server are you on? If you’re interested in WvW, sign on with a WvW guild and get a taste for organized chaos. You’ll love it.

Of course, right now Southsun is having the new content going on, it’s worth a look and with the magic find bonus there you can get exotic drops.

Fractals are indeed a lot of fun.

Basically… nothing has been closed down to you now that you’re at 80. This isn’t a gear treadmill game that obsoletes content as you out-level it. Just kick up your feet, crack open a cold one and think about what sounds like fun. Seeing every jumping puzzle in the game? Mass chaotic PvP in WvW? Slay a dragon or three? The question is, what do you feel like doing today? Some casual farming maybe? Orr really is not that bad. Well, I’m not saying I’d like to build a summer home here, but the trees are actually quite lovely.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Just got to 80.

Posted by: Laken.9018

Laken.9018

Got to say this is kind of my feeling as well. Theres a sort of “Well what do I do now”.
I think part of it is maybe not enjoying my class it seems a bit too fragile and lacking in damage output so everything seems like a slog but the other part is honestly have no darn clue what should be doing next, other then grinding for pretty skins or achievements

Just got to 80.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

The game ended for a lot of people once they hit 80.

Just got to 80.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

For me, life begins at 80.

First, decide what you want to do. Are you going to focus on PvE or WvW or both (PvP doesn’t matter because you can do it anytime.). I do WvW, I think end game PvE is dungeon running.

Second, decide on your end game build. Decide what items you need for that build. Get those items.

Do what you planned until you are sick of it. Then do the other.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Just got to 80.

Mulierem.6327

@VOLKON.1290

Thanks!
I am on Henge of Denvari.

And I made the second post knowing that this game is not meant to be played like WoW for example.
Hence the “Corruption”-part.

I just really want to enjoy it like I had never played an other MMO, (And judge it out of that, which is of course inevitable once you HAVE played other ones.)
Get what I’m saying?

It’s complicated, and I think that’s going to be a part that’ll ruin the fun I could have in the end. – Don’t know how to get it out of my head!

Most of the things you described are the things I enjoyed doing while leveling up.
But the feeling of doing it again, and then again for the purpose of “maxing” it makes me cringe.

NOW I do know that this is what you do in other MMOs too, you grind, you have an objective to “max” something up, but in some games it feels less like it does in this, for me anyway. —-

Just got to 80.

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I wouldn’t say it’s the “most brilliant and amazing end-game ever”. Certainly the best GW2 has going for it, but not “ever”. WvW is a poor imitation of DAoC’s RvR.

There’s no accounting for taste. :-P

Just got to 80.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Go get achievments u__U . JP’s are cool, and a lot of achievments contents show you a lot of features you never have seen.

Just got to 80.

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Or go grind CoF. About 2600 runs should get you everything youneed in the game and will only take 3 years.

No, that would be about 15.5 days of constant grinding, assuming you stay up the entire time.

2600 / 7 (Probably just under average runs per hour) = 371 (rounded down). 371 / 24 (Hours in a day for any stupid people) = 15.5 days (rounded to the nearest two decimals).

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

(edited by Syktek.7912)

Just got to 80.

Posted by: void.6705

void.6705

For me, life begins at 80.

First, decide what you want to do. Are you going to focus on PvE or WvW or both (PvP doesn’t matter because you can do it anytime.). I do WvW, I think end game PvE is dungeon running.

Second, decide on your end game build. Decide what items you need for that build. Get those items.

Do what you planned until you are sick of it. Then do the other.

Agree with this I have 1 lvl 80 and I play a balance of PvE WvW and sometime PvP. I set a goal to get a legendary and just recently hit it now I am working on my 2nd. I also enjoy helping newer players so they can enjoy this game as well.

Just got to 80.

Posted by: Jaall.3420

Jaall.3420

I think a lot of people take this game as seriously as other games, as you said you’re corrupted by WoW and how seriously you have to play that to keep up. The main bonus of being lvl 80, as others have said, is the fact that there are no restrictions. I got that feeling too of meh when I hit 80 but then I realised I could do anything I wanted to do and took it a bit casually.

There are more challenging things like farming a legendary or getting full cultural/mystic forge weapons etc but there is quite a lot of choice if you try to move away from the standard mmo endgame model. It’s definitely not for everyone and is a risky move by ANet but it’s a fresh new way of playing that actually makes a nice change imo.

Just got to 80.

Posted by: Anna Kruse.3941

Anna Kruse.3941

map completion fractals. getting geared. ascended gear. getting cool skins. try and go for arah gear for extra badassness? all the jumpig puzzles. explorer achivements. all the diffrent races personal stories. all the dungeons. www. pvp. legendaries. getting ur bank slots bag slots maxed. fun is overrated right? who wants that. so yeah gl with all of the above. oh and then theres living story stuff aswell

Just got to 80.

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

WvWvW/Spvp /do dungeons and kit your character to the point he looks exactly as you want him/her to look.