Just how bad have PVE drops been

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: brokenrabbit.6538

brokenrabbit.6538

I recall up until about this time last year I was constantly getting golds and the occasional exotic from champion chests. I don’t do champ trains but I stop at all the champs I pass when I’m out gathering mat nodes so I get quite a few.

I rarely get a gold drop now, and I haven’t got an exotic from a champ chest since forever. Did they change the drop rates when they killed the champ trains?

I’m sitting at 149% base MF right now, and I get far more golds off Skelks and freaking Skritt than I do from champs. Kinda the reverse of what it should be, isn’kitten

Edit: Haha, the contraction for IS NOT IT gets censored, HAHAHA anet LOL

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Go through periods where few rare or exotic items drop. Other times they seem to fall from the sky, while doing dynamic events.
Do okay from chests when it comes to rare items. However, exotic items are few & far between. Usually exotics drops from mobs for me while doing dynamic events.
As for magic find. Don’t think it has any influence on what we get from chests.

(edited by johnnymiller.5968)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I thought MF didn’t affect chests, except the particular MF attained in SW and/or DT.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

What the two above said; MF won’t affect champ box loot.

Posted by: brokenrabbit.6538

brokenrabbit.6538

Oh I know that. I mentioned MF as it pertains to me finding golds on Skelks and such. That’s why the statement about MF begins a new paragraph: new topic.

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Diminishing returns & nerfs? Is magic find broken? My mesmer was running 405% Mf with boosts. Engineer only 175%. Picked up far more ‘gold’ loot items with the engineer.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Oh I know that. I mentioned MF as it pertains to me finding golds on Skelks and such. That’s why the statement about MF begins a new paragraph: new topic.

Ah, gotcha. And yeah, while I enjoy getting the t5 and t6 mats from the champ bags, I’ve always found them to be pretty underwhelming as a reward from a champion. I mean, I don’t expect an exotic every time I kill one, but yeah. I get what you mean.

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

Ah, gotcha. And yeah, while I enjoy getting the t5 and t6 mats from the champ bags, I’ve always found them to be pretty underwhelming as a reward from a champion. I mean, I don’t expect an exotic every time I kill one, but yeah. I get what you mean.

While it pretty much is impossible to implement on a champ-bag level (since they are wholly independent of what dropped them), maybe champ drops being inversely modified by the number of people nearby would be a nice boost. That is, champs have a base loot chance for their tables for, say, four (random number) people fighting it. Fewer people means better odds at better loot, every X additional people reduce this chance.

It would simultaneously reward people for successfully doing something difficult, and penalize champ training. The real trick would be to find thresholds that don’t harm reasonably large groups. I.e. maybe five people is the base level for a champion, but the event it is in could easily involve ten people without them farming champs.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The drop chances in GW2 are the way they are because ANet is trying to make MMO content and reward systems relevant for much longer than content and reward systems in other games. This decision leads to providing quantity of loot instead of quality.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Drops are crap, pure & simple.
I still have a couple of day long 100% boost and with them it´s crap.

When they run out I´m seriously stumped on what to do as my normal MF is just 60ish.
Probably do more other games again. :/

Polish > hype

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

don’t you think it should? Otherwise what’s the point of it?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I think MF should affect everything that gives loot…i dont know i have horrible drops in the game anyways, so even if it did i wouldnt get anything.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.