Just not really enjoying myself.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tahlie.4259

Tahlie.4259

So, I bought the original GW2 when it first launched, and I loved it for a couple months, but then it just got really old, doing the same thing every day (and with no challenge either). When raiding came out, I thought it’d be kind of fun, since I enjoyed the combat in GW2 back in the day. First thing I learned is that my favorite class (Engineer with power gear) isn’t “viable” despite putting out a lot higher numbers than any condi build. Second, is that, because of the whole no trinity thing, the mechanics were kind of lackluster.

Since no one pugs anyway, I’ve been just sitting and doing the same thing every day, and there’s just nothing else to do. I’m just not really enjoying GW2 anymore, and I don’t have any other games to play… so I just don’t know what to do.

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Yea there’s not much to do if you don’t have a group of people to do things with which I’m pretty sure most don’t. Thats why gw 1 was so good(well one of the many reasons) most things didn’t require a premade team and the things that did ; like alliance battles you could usually find a team that didn’t care who they took with them cuz they just wanted to play..Too bad that place is a ghost town these days , was fun times.
You could try pvp I highly don’t recommend ranked though it will have you ripping your hair out, try unranked it can be a little bit fun sometimes if your’e super bored.

(edited by Ellie.5913)

Posted by: lagrangewei.8516

lagrangewei.8516

to be honest, i found the living story to be very interesting. yes they screw up the 1st season abit but it was a very impressive attempt. and yes there is now a content dought after HOT, as the developer are still trying to “finish” HOT…

regarding the class balancing, i do feel HOT did not correct some of the underlying problem in them, but i do not feel the mechanic isn’t fun or interesting, i feel it was one of the more interesting mmo i played. it just always going to be different and I do agree certain class are going to continue to be underwhelming for sometime.

the shift to “hardcore” HOT content is indeed making pugging worst and worst. for this I blame the free account which spoof alot of players from grinding with “noob”. the culture in gw2 just isn’t the same anymore but what is done is done, players are now force into large guild as small guild too are crushed by the drive to make thing more guild oriented.

RAWR~
Feed the Merlion… before the Merlion feed on YOU!

Posted by: KuroiArt.7349

KuroiArt.7349

So, I bought the original GW2 when it first launched, and I loved it for a couple months, but then it just got really old, doing the same thing every day (and with no challenge either). When raiding came out, I thought it’d be kind of fun, since I enjoyed the combat in GW2 back in the day. First thing I learned is that my favorite class (Engineer with power gear) isn’t “viable” despite putting out a lot higher numbers than any condi build. Second, is that, because of the whole no trinity thing, the mechanics were kind of lackluster.

Since no one pugs anyway, I’ve been just sitting and doing the same thing every day, and there’s just nothing else to do. I’m just not really enjoying GW2 anymore, and I don’t have any other games to play… so I just don’t know what to do.

Welcome to the club~ Here having same problem in GW2 – there is literally nothing to do.. all classes lvl 80 // 100% completion // did all what was fun for me to do..
Can’t raid since they didn’t implement a freakin LFG system for new raids as if it was somewhat hard.. Fractals and just farm daily // PvE is just a laugh since there’s nothing to do and gain from it really…

Sad but GW2 is dying with all what they do..

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Welcome to the club~ Here having same problem in GW2 – there is literally nothing to do.. all classes lvl 80 // 100% completion // did all what was fun for me to do..
Can’t raid since they didn’t implement a freakin LFG system for new raids as if it was somewhat hard.. Fractals and just farm daily // PvE is just a laugh since there’s nothing to do and gain from it really…

Sad but GW2 is dying with all what they do..

This club got drinks? I’ll buy ya both one. Don’t got 100% completion but I hit the wall where to get anywhere/craft anything, I had to go at the Pace ANET set. Doing things I like simply doesn’t reward me enough gold to do anything, And while I don’t really mind the materials required for ascended and by extension legendary crafting, Timegates ruin the experience for me. This game no longer lets me advance at my pace but instead at the pace ANET has dicated….glacially slow and boring.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

They really gutted this game for me when the dungeon reward was nerfed. That was the one thing I could always do, at any time of day, and feel like I was making at least a little progress. Right now Raids are too ‘hot’ and Fractals too ‘cold’. I miss having something I can just hop into whenever and get lost in the game for an hour or two.

I suppose we might as well just sit tight until the update later this month. Hopefully it adds something worth sticking around for.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

They took a complex trait line system and made it rudimentary.

They took a system of runes and sigils and reduced them to straight lines and obvious choices.

They took away rewards where they should have left them, added false senses of difficulty, and made a giant fashion simulator with combat.

There is no puzzle so there is no game.

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Definitely new game time. There’s so many exciting and interesting games available right now (unless you only play MMOs). Your gaming time is your leisure time, so you should be enjoying it.

Gandara

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I don’t know the whole throwing grind on top of grind just seems insane to me and not fun.. Raiding, fotm, legendaries, Ascended, leveling etc..

Most of these new changes changed nothing, to me its exactly the same… Grindy and mediocre, the games core pve was great but they focused on wvw, pvp and coop content for the minorities and ignored (and nerfed into the ground) the main world..

The mechanics may have a different skin and new names but the kitten game play ability wise hasn’t changed at all, still all about DPS, jack all healing compared to other mmos, tanking is superficial at best, conditions are still meaningless..

And the grind is even worse now than it was 2 years ago, At least then story mode had loot drops… sucky as they were..

Tahlie.4259

Definitely new game time. There’s so many exciting and interesting games available right now (unless you only play MMOs). Your gaming time is your leisure time, so you should be enjoying it.

Thing is, I’ve been looking for a new game for close to two years now. : / I played WoW for over 10 years (launch to 6.0 patch), but the 6.0 patch just went and killed it for me. Since then, I’ve been looking for a new game to get into, but I just can’t find any that really interest me. I played Wildstar, but it was too easy, and I got bored. I played Blade and Soul, but it was too repetitive and spammy. I picked up League and hate it, but still play it…. I’ve played so many games, and none stick. I came back to GW2, and the raid was just kind of a letdown, and the game is still as grindy as ever, so I’m just not having fun.

Gaming just isn’t really meant for people like me anymore; I don’t want instant gratification and pretty graphics, I want a game that’s fun to play and doesn’t take itself super seriously. Like the old Mario / Zelda games on the Gamecube, or WoW before GC left, or any of those. I’ve been thinking of grabbing a Playstation and buying a bunch of old and new games, but is a $350 console really worth it for just a handful of games?

I just don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t enjoy most authors these days, don’t enjoy most cartoons (and can’t stand “adult” shows), don’t enjoy a lot of video games anymore (like ,they might be fun at first, but a pathetically easy game just gets boring after a while), none of it.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

For this week I’d suggest get into the SAB, and don’t come out again before it closes its doors . I’m having an awesome time in there, either by myself or with friends. Unfortunately it’s only a time-limited festival, but one week of insane fun is much better than a week being bored .

In general try to sit back and figure out what goals really do interest you. I know I’m starting to get bored (or rather burned out) if I go after material goals too much. Trying to farm wood for a specific weapon I want to get, or going after a specific meta event to gather those map tokens is a sure-fire way to turn me off the game.

Whenever I realize I’m on such a dangerous path, I make myself sit back, let go of that “goal”, and look around for something fun instead. Just taking an asura and going on a map, looking behind all corners, gathering all materials on the way, fighting with classes/builds/setups I haven’t used before, usually makes me find the “fun” in the game again pretty quickly. What good is that one stupidly expensive weapon to me when I can spend the time I would need to get it having fun instead?

Maybe it’s time for you to try something different. Create a character of a totally different race and class that you haven’t played (much) yet, and see where it gets you. Gather your own equipment, build your own builds, pug dungeons on-level rather than at 80, go slow, smell the roses, have as much fun as you can find without thinking of way-off material goals.

Go on a sight-seeing tour through all the jumping puzzles in this game, and see if you can still do them all (or (re-)learn how to do them in the first place). Check out the different area meta event chains, follow them from start to finish, and see their stories evolve before your eyes. Hunt out the most beautiful screenshots from vistas all over the world to use as desktop background.

And the best thing about it: by the time you start wondering about your former goals again you might just find that all that goofing around has actually filled your material storage with a substantial part of the stuff you need … and all that while having fun .

(edited by Rasimir.6239)

Tahlie.4259

For this week I’d suggest get into the SAB, and don’t come out again before it closes its doors . I’m having an awesome time in there, either by myself or with friends. Unfortunately it’s only a time-limited festival, but one week of insane fun is much better than a week being bored .

In general try to sit back and figure out what goals really do interest you. I know I’m starting to get bored (or rather burned out) if I go after material goals too much. Trying to farm wood for a specific weapon I want to get, or going after a specific meta event to gather those map tokens is a sure-fire way to turn me off the game.

Whenever I realize I’m on such a dangerous path, I make myself sit back, let go of that “goal”, and look around for something fun instead. Just taking an asura and going on a map, looking behind all corners, gathering all materials on the way, fighting with classes/builds/setups I haven’t used before, usually makes me find the “fun” in the game again pretty quickly. What good is that one stupidly expensive weapon to me when I can spend the time I would need to get it having fun instead?

Maybe it’s time for you to try something different. Create a character of a totally different race and class that you haven’t played (much) yet, and see where it gets you. Gather your own equipment, build your own builds, pug dungeons on-level rather than at 80, go slow, smell the roses, have as much fun as you can find without thinking of way-off material goals.

Go on a sight-seeing tour through all the jumping puzzles in this game, and see if you can still do them all (or (re-)learn how to do them in the first place). Check out the different area meta event chains, follow them from start to finish, and see their stories evolve before your eyes. Hunt out the most beautiful screenshots from vistas all over the world to use as desktop background.

And the best thing about it: by the time you start wondering about your former goals again you might just find that all that goofing around has actually filled your material storage with a substantial part of the stuff you need … and all that while having fun .

That’s a great way of thinking, but I’m not really a sight-seeing kind of person. Whereas most people would be happy to go to some new city and see the sights, I’d rather be doing things. In games, I enjoy the story the first time through (GW2’s story in-game is kind of weak), but once I know it, it just loses its appeal.

So, while someone might enjoy going around and finding every little hidden thing, I like to be out there fighting some big, challenging boss, or figuring out a puzzle, or beating this really hard JP or something. And GW2 just doesn’t have much in the way of that that I haven’t already done. And, at 80, it’s the same handful of dungeons / bosses / events / whatever day after day. And, couple that with the fact that the raid is so exclusive that I never get in (and the fact that, because of no trinity, the fights are kind of lackluster), I just don’t have that much fun. Fractals were fun at first, but I’m so sick of them.

And no other MMO out there really offers what I want anymore. : / I don’t like sandboxes (unless it’s done like Skyrim / Fallout / etc), and I like instanced PvE content with a trinity and all that. I also like PvP like WoW’s battlegrounds, not the zerg-fest that is GW2 PvP. So, I just don’t know what to do anymore.

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

I haven’t done raids, so I don’t know what sort of problems you have finding other raiders, but it seems to me there are a few options. One option is to level another character that has a “viable” profession. You could join a guild that focuses on raid training. I know TTS has raid trading, and they are very active, without being clingy or controlling. Even if you didn’t find a team to raid with through them, you’d learn the skills necessary to do them and you could form your own team.

There are aspects of this game I find hard to master because of the team aspect. so I get why you are experiencing this, but I have found once I got determined about learning it, and I mastered it, the fun followed. I couldn’t stand HoT metas. I learned to absolutely love Dragon Stand. I actually find it relaxing, yet challenging. And you never know when the map is going to fail, so it has levels of difficulty built in.. it is also a fairly lucrative chain because they increased the rewards recently.

My main is a Reaper, and there was no class as reviled as necro when I decided to main it. I made that decision before HoT was released. It turned out that Reaper isn’t at the bottom of the food chain anymore, so i get how you are feeling, but I was always able to find people willing to play with me, even then. Every profession is viable for raids. They may not be optimal, but they’re viable, so find others that are suffering from the same elitist rejection and do your own groups.