Just to clarify.

Just to clarify.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rysiek.8410

Rysiek.8410

For whiners:

1. Yes, you are getting core game for free. You know what that means? Even if Anet give us HoT without vanilla you would still need to pay 50$ for it. So by all means, go and buy xpack only for the same price as xpack + GW2…

2. Yes, even if you have GW2 already, you still get free copy of it. Want to add exp to your existing account? Fine, but don’t lie you are not getting core game because you are.

3. 50$ is a normal price for expansion, so your argument about increased price cause of “free” core game is invalid. WoW Warlords of Draenor cost the same and you still need to pay subscription fee every month.

4. Do some math and calculate how many hours you spend in GW2 playing. Then divide it by cost and see for yourself how cheap GW2 is.

For example, person who spend 300 hours (and I bet many of you spent much more than that) in-game, paid 0.2$ per hour playing. Every additional hour lower the price even more.

Are you seriously whine how expensive GW2 is? It’s literally THE cheapest entertainment I ever bought. And expansion? 50$ is a cost of 5 movie tickets (~8-9 hours of entertainment) or couple of cigarette packs.

In the end. Want to whine about price? Go ahead but know this. It won’t change, neither it should. If it’s too much just don’t buy it and go somewhere else. Simple as that.

(edited by Rysiek.8410)

Just to clarify.

Posted by: IIvIIozzie.9250

IIvIIozzie.9250

From my understanding your #2 points is wrong. If you add HoT to your already existing account you do NOT get the core game for free. You do NOT get another core code for a second account or to give to friends.

Just to clarify.

Posted by: Rysiek.8410

Rysiek.8410

That’s what I said. You are getting core game for free. It’s your choice to waste it by adding expansion to your existing account. Still, you are getting it.

Only thing they could do to make it more fair imo is giving players something minor if they choose to add HoT to already existing GW2 core account (additional character slots or whatever).

(edited by Rysiek.8410)

Just to clarify.

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

Only thing they could do to make it more fair imo is giving players something minor if they choose to add HoT to already existing GW2 core account (additional character slots or whatever).

Here lies the “problem”. It would be nice to have something if you “upgrade” an existing account. Be it an exclusive title/mini/whatever cosmetic, and you wouldn’t have had th uproar.

They made a lot of people (me included) FEEL cheated (not being, just feeling). In the end, it’s just a big communication fail. But hey, it’s not new that’s what Arena Net really lack. They do some of the best games in the market, but fail to communicate well.

Just to clarify.

Posted by: Stasticeel.2745

Stasticeel.2745

I’d say we also pay for the future updates since there is no subscription model.
Imagine another season of living story that would only be accessible for HoT players like the 8 chapters we had regarding Mordemoth. However, if they make everything into expansions from now on, I’d get my pitchfork and be angry with the rest.

I am a little annoyed we can’t buy a edition without the base game. I think if they made a deal for 60$ with core game and 50$ with the expansion we would see considerably less complaints then now, haha.

Just to clarify.

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

You see rysiek

I agree with you, your arguement are valid Except for one thing.

- When i pay 9 euro for a movie, i know what movie i will be watching and i know how long the movie will play

- When i pay 5 for smokes i know how many smokes i get and how long they will last me

Right now they are asking a big price for a bundle of “What exacly?”
We know bits and pieces, but I wanna know A to Z.

Nevertheless, I agree with you. We have the option to wait it out and see, so thats what i’m going to do.