Just to clear this out

Just to clear this out

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NEOCROM.8957

NEOCROM.8957

So that i and maybe others, to “sleep” well, i wanna know what are the real problems that some ppl are QQing all over the forums in the past weeks. It’s kinda annoying to see that everyday almost. So i’m curious what are the real problems, and when i say real, i mean REAL, not tiny problems like lags from time to time.
So let’s see, from what i’ve understood, the true problems are like this, what makes ppl sad:
- Megaserver (kinda agree with this too, not that good, but this doesnt makes me rage all over the forum)
- “Limited” PvP
- “Poor” WvW – personally i’m having fun in WvW
- players are leaving and poor playerbase – excuse me? Just cause some players arent in one place like before doesnt means they arent in another place. And yes, maybe you are “demoralized” when you see like 10-15 players less at a normal world boss
- gem store – Wut’s wrong?
- Precursor crafting – Promised in 2013 after i’ve read a topic, but still, i have hope, even if i got my legendary
- Living story – I bet this is on the 1st or 2nd place, after Megaserver, dunno. And here is where ppl arent considering LS challenging enough. Most ppl enjoy this, and when i say most, i do say MOST than 3/4 game (don’t ask how i know, i just know)
- Dungeons – Yeah….they should add at least 2 more dungeons, maybe they will calm down a bit some of the players that are asking for new dungeons
Did i missed some REAL problems? Don’t think so. So this 8 things are the major problems isnt it? Yet, you keep seeing around 20-30 ppl on forums, from thousands of ppl discussing about this => this means this problems arent that big, isnt it?
The game is a mix of casual/hardcore, so if you want only hardcore, then this game isnt for you and you are just forcing yourself to play and it’s not good for “health”. If you wanna do something in the game cuz you are “bored” then i bet you can find something, even most of the veterans.

Just to clear this out

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

If you played the game since release I believe you’d understand the concerns perfectly, even if you never even touched the forums, you’d see it for yourself.

Nice try, sneaky Anet posing agent! 5/10

Just to clear this out

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Everyone has its own problems with Anet, but the common point is the lack of communication between them and their players. They are currently doing an effort to fix that, but for more than 2 years we saw no posts on the dungeon forum, and changes that were against what everyone was saying. The ressource allocation to living story grinds the gear of people focusing on other game aspects as well. So, people are complaining because this game had some great bases, the best combat system ever made in a mmo, and in some aspects, it still looks like beta. See mesmer infinite list of bugs, lack of new permanent design ( Anet tried to adress that with the new ls, but people aren’t usually asking for that- it’s still a positive change), priority to gemstore, etc. That said, forum is the place where people come complaining, few people would take their time to thanks anet for a good change.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Just to clear this out

NEOCROM.8957

@Ice I read the forums everyday, but today was kinda enough with all the negative things, and some of them were so false. And yes, i’m a secret agent, CIA, dont tell anyone.
@Oxtred So you are saying some ppl wants way more than other ppl? Compared to what i’ve read on forums there are more ppl giving a + than a -.

Just to clear this out

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

You will find people who cannot conceive of the possibility you can enjoy a game and not kvetch. They seem to enjoy throwing mud then wondering why things stink. But then the forums is a different kind of PvP so no worries.

Just to clear this out

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

After 2 years I just feel pretty burnt out on the game. I can’t even muster the willpower to get on to do anything but dailies, monthlies and guild missions. To clarify, though, that’s a bit of a good thing – it gives me much more free time to catch up on games I’ve been neglecting to do all of the temporary content of LS1 and such.

I mean…since the WvW Spring Tourny and LS2 rollout, I’ve gotten 7 more platinum trophies on the PSN. Very happy.

Just to clear this out

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

That’s the nice thing about Guild Wars 2. It will be waiting for you at no extra charge once you are no longer burnt out on it.

Just to clear this out

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

IMO, the number one problem is a lack of clear direction for the game. It seems to lurch about between design goals, with the management putting out creative fires.

The prelaunch generation thought this was a game with a hard, easily reached gear cap and “play how you want” philosophy because that’s how the game was initially developed. A lot of us became disappointed with the introduction of (albeit slow) vertical progression and things like dailies and ascended mats that try to get us to play parts of the game we aren’t interested in.

The next generation was excited about Fractals and Ascended gear, but became disappointed with Fractals weird reward structure and Ascended’s strange positioning between grindy acquisition and relative worthlessness. Probably the same group that is also disappointed because the Precursor RNG mess has never been reworked so that they can reasonably chase legendaries.

A generation that included large, coordinated guilds got excited about the initial release of guild missions and then the revamp of some world bosses to take real coordination, but have been disappointed by how frustrating the megaserver has been for guild coordination, as well as the fact that new guild missions and “raid” level activities don’t seem to be in the works.

WvW players were geeked about it in the beginning, but became disappointed when new development didn’t line up with most of what they’d been asking for, and often seemed more focused on bringing new people into WvW rather than continuing to mature and keep it interesting for the players already playing.

So you’re not going to get a agreement on a list of the core problems that people are upset about. It depends on what they want out of the game. The big problem is that ArenaNet seems to find a new priority for the game every six months or so, leaving people who thought they were part of the target audience wondering what happened.

Just to clear this out

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

whats the point on listing the problems and replying to every one of them with: “Yeah, w/e I’m having fun…”

The fact that you don’t have a problem with something doesn’t mean that others shouldn’t complain about it if it is a problem for them. Your post doesn’t show you understand the issues at all.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Just to clear this out

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

If you’re burnt out, take a break. It isnt like they’re asking for a subscription, as stated above.

The problems start (or, at the very least are exacerbated) when people behave like they are paying a subscription and haven’t gotten their 30-60 bucks worth of content a couple times over. Suggest and outright demand that the game evolve; but making financial threats won’t push things any faster.

go play something else, when things interest you, come back.

Not too hard.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Just to clear this out

NEOCROM.8957

whats the point on listing the problems and replying to every one of them with: “Yeah, w/e I’m having fun…”

The fact that you don’t have a problem with something doesn’t mean that others shouldn’t complain about it if it is a problem for them. Your post doesn’t show you understand the issues at all.

I do understand em, the serious ones. Those problems can be solved in few ways: Get used to it and move on, take a break to calm down or just come over the forums and hope those problems will be magically solved on 1 day or so, if are solved, but things like mergaserver, wvw, pvp, nope.

Just to clear this out

oxtred.7658

The problem is we all played for thousands of hours and this game isn’t really made for hardcore players, but since the core system is so promising, most hardcore still stay on the game. But they feel the need to get new content, wich is fine. Most people tend to think that criticism and argumentation are some kind of punishment against anet, but it’s usually players that want to improve the game. Just like people complaining when you tell them their build isn’t optimal and saying you’re agressive, just because you helped them pointing out what’s wrong. Then there’s also a type of players tied between the need for new content and their inexperience, wich leads to misinformation and unneeded topics about things they see as detrimental when there’s simple in game solutions to it.

Just to clear this out

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

1. Lack of real rewards (related to the precursor thing but not specifically only about precursors)
  2. Condition damage stacking and uselessness of CC
  3. Their own roles are not worth it, Zerker everything
  4. Lack of diverse set of builds in PVE (even the locked XIII didn’t make a dent in this)
  5. Economic system is still so heavily RNG it’s 2004 all over again.
  6. Loot from open world is nerfed into oblivion, EoTM and Dungeons are the only places to even begin to consider getting gold to avoid the Gem exchange. ( and I mean for progression/spec changes not for fun that is and no drops don’t occur universally )
  7. Dungeoneers keep messing with world events causing them to be more dungeonlike making it impossible for the players who bought this game specifically because it’s NOT supposed to be about dungeons/raids to play. IE Teq.

Those are just a few REAL problems they need to focus on in the Feature Patch 3.

What I’d like to see as a casual is a real effort for some non-violent systems in the game to enjoy the beauty. Such as fishing, farming (maybe even an herbalism addition to crafting), housing. complete with props tools etc. I think this game would benefit greatly from those types of activities but I know those wouldn’t be a priority and I wouldn’t want them to take the place of fixing something essential like condi stacking.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Just to clear this out

oxtred.7658

^ That was the inexperience I was speaking about. Threads about uselessness of CCs, lack of build diversity, and lack of roles are all made up because people feel it that way. For those particular exemples, it’s a mix between some knowledge of the game ( there’s things wrong in dungeons, and they acknowledge that) and lack of in depth knowledge ( CC and support are actually the core of any meta spec).

Hope this answer your question.

Just to clear this out

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

1. Lack of real rewards (related to the precursor thing but not specifically only about precursors)
  2. Condition damage stacking and uselessness of CC
  3. Their own roles are not worth it, Zerker everything
  4. Lack of diverse set of builds in PVE (even the locked XIII didn’t make a dent in this)
  5. Economic system is still so heavily RNG it’s 2004 all over again.
  6. Loot from open world is nerfed into oblivion, EoTM and Dungeons are the only places to even begin to consider getting gold to avoid the Gem exchange. ( and I mean for progression/spec changes not for fun that is and no drops don’t occur universally )
  7. Dungeoneers keep messing with world events causing them to be more dungeonlike making it impossible for the players who bought this game specifically because it’s NOT supposed to be about dungeons/raids to play. IE Teq.

Those are just a few REAL problems they need to focus on in the Feature Patch 3.

What I’d like to see as a casual is a real effort for some non-violent systems in the game to enjoy the beauty. Such as fishing, farming (maybe even an herbalism addition to crafting), housing. complete with props tools etc. I think this game would benefit greatly from those types of activities but I know those wouldn’t be a priority and I wouldn’t want them to take the place of fixing something essential like condi stacking.

A thousand times this. There are many other ideas I’d like to see implemented, but let’s focus on fixing the current systems first. This sums it up nicely.