Just to get this straight...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

for 50 bucks a new player can prepurchase right now to get both GW2 and HOT, while I who already have GW2 can pay the same exact ammount for just HOT and not even a character slot. Is this correct?

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

correct .

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

There needs to be an upgrade version for those that already bought GW2 and have the ‘core’ game. I can’t see many people jumping the gun to buy the preorder for this amount of money

And just to add… if we do buy this preorder which includes the ‘core game’ then technically speaking we should get 5 character slots because we are buying the game again…

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

There needs to be an upgrade version for those that already bought GW2 and have the ‘core’ game. I can’t see many people jumping the gun to buy the preorder for this amount of money

And just to add… if we do buy this preorder which includes the ‘core game’ then technically speaking we should get 5 character slots because we are buying the game again…

Yeah that’s seriously right, at least give us CHARACTER SLOTS.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Yeah I’m certainly not buying it at this point. Why is there no option to buy the expansion and only the expansion? So they can charge us all for the same game twice! This is the most dishonest BS ANet has pulled yet.

And no, more charaacter slots would not justify, I already have eight and don’t need five more, and if I ever do want another one, I’ll buy one, not buy the entire game over again. The only honest thing to do here is sell the expansion in a standalone package.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: MoonStoneX.9245

MoonStoneX.9245

Yeah I’m certainly not buying it at this point. Why is there no option to buy the expansion and only the expansion? So they can charge us all for the same game twice! This is the most dishonest BS ANet has pulled yet.

The Expansion is $49.99 (Standard) if you buy it on a new Account that doesn’t own the Core game you get the Core game for free. Now I am not defending the price just wanted to clear that up. I for one think this is far to expensive for the amount of content that they have shown us up to this point compared to other MMOs hell even Guild Wars 1. I mean come on we don’t even get a single free Character Slot for buying the Standard Edition?

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

$50 is pretty much industry standard for an expansion pack. The current expansion including “previous versions” is ALSO pretty much the industry standard.

You deserve the nothing you think you got.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

The Expansion is $49.99 (Standard) if you buy it on a new Account that doesn’t own the Core game you get the Core game for free. Now I am not defending the price just wanted to clear that up. I for one think this is far to expensive for the amount of content that they have shown us up to this point compared to other MMOs hell even Guild Wars 1. I mean come on we don’t even get a single free Character Slot for buying the Standard Edition?

No, read the announcement again, the basic ‘pack’ is $49.99 for the expansion and the base game, regardless of whether or not you already have the base game, with no option to purchase the expansion minus the cost of the base. Meaning, you are paying for the base game, again, whether you like it or not. And I prefer not, I will not be taken advantage of by ANet or anyone else, and unless they change this, I will not be buying the expansion.

And what is this BS about $50 dollars being the standard for an expansion? Every expansion I can think of for a major title is $30-40, with some being as low as 10 or 20.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

$50 is pretty much industry standard for an expansion pack. The current expansion including “previous versions” is ALSO pretty much the industry standard.

This would be true if the the amount of content was also industry standard. Clearly, given the information so far, it is not. So your argument does not stand. Also, your argument might be true if this was the third or fourth expansion.

Given it’s Guild Wars 2’s first, again your argument does not cut muster for reasons I hope I don’t have to explain.

Regardless, it feels shady. But others have already have said why elsewhere. And the saddest thing of all? We could’ve got all of it for free . . . but that’s another topic too.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

No, read the announcement again, the basic ‘pack’ is $49.99 for the expansion and the base game, regardless of whether or not you already have the base game, with no option to purchase the expansion minus the cost of the base. Meaning, you are paying for the base game, again, whether you like it or not. And I prefer not, I will not be taken advantage of by ANet or anyone else, and unless they change this, I will not be buying the expansion.

And what is this BS about $50 dollars being the standard for an expansion? Every expansion I can think of for a major title is $30-40, with some being as low as 10 or 20.

No, Anet has already clarified on Facebook that the $50 is the price for the expansion. So don’t get your hopes up about stand alones. And apparently Anet have just set the industry standard for xpac pricing.

Attachments:

Posted by: bigbobpataki.4796

bigbobpataki.4796

You’re not buying the game again. They’ve removed the ability to buy gw2 in its current state. Everyone for now on if they buy gw2 gets both the “core game” (which is what we can do now) and HoT. This is the exact opposite of greed since they could have required new players to buy what we have now AND HoT.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’m a bit 50/50 on this whole thing. I think most of us were disappointed that the basic package didn’t even include an extra character slot, considering gw1 expansions included 2 extra slots because there were 2 new professions. With Heart of Thorns, we get 1 new profession but not even 1 extra character slot (unless you pay extra for the deluxe).

I can see why many feel cheated and ripped off. I think just adding a few extras like at the very least, an extra character slot per package, and perhaps some unique skin/s would go a long way. Something that doesn’t affect Anet’s wallet, but at the same time, makes everyone happy. Win-win for all.

Just my two cents. I’ll still buy the expansion, but I think I might wait a while in hopes there’s a change or discount or something. I’m hoping something like this will ultimately happen:

>>> Standard ($49.99) <<<

•Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion (includes Guild Wars 2 core game)
•Access to All Beta Weekend Events
•Exclusive Title (Maguuma Trailblazer)
•Additional Character Slot
•Mistward Armor Skin Set

>>> Deluxe ($74.99) <<<

•2 Additional Character Slots
•Mistward Armor Skin Set
•Miniature Revenant Rytlock
•Revenant Finisher
•Mordremoth’s Bane Guild Hall Decoration
•Heart of Thorns Glider Skin

>>> Ultimate ($99.99) <<<

•3 Additional Character Slots
•Mistward Armor Skin Set
•3 Unique Green-Rarity Account-Bound Miniatures
•4000 Gems ($50 value)
•Miniature Revenant Rytlock
•Revenant Finisher
•Mordremoth’s Bane Guild Hall Decoration
•Heart of Thorns Glider Skin

bold = indicates the differences/extras with each upgrade.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109