Just what do you do with karma?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

I have 500k karma piled up and I certainly don’t want legendaries nor learning cooking.

There should be a way to get siege weapons or exotics for it. For example why do weapon/armour crafters have to fight token/badge rewards but jewelcrafters are the only source for trinkets? How about making trinkets available for karma? Talking exotics of course.

(Side note: The armour pieces you can get for karma are all pretty useless stat-wise).

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

(edited by Antiriad.7160)

Posted by: Eurosdown.6072

Eurosdown.6072

(Side note: The armour pieces you can get for karma are all pretty useless stat-wise).

You know that there are several karma vendors in the Orr zones that sell different types of exotics right?

Antiriad.7160

Yeah the temple vendors, but those are a) no trinkets/jewelry and b) pretty weird/useless stats.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the

Posted by: Eurosdown.6072

Eurosdown.6072

So everything that’s not berserker’s is useless now? Fine, that gear isn’t good for your build or whetever. It’s fine for other people and if they want it they will farm karma for it. You want gear with certain stats, find out where you can get it and farm that content, problem solved. And save up the jugs of karma for an alt or something instead of using them on a toon that needs nothing from karma.
I do support buying siege with it though, that would be a nice sink for it.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Actually, certain orr stat combos are highly desirable. They just depend on your build and class.

Antiriad.7160

I think you guys only read half of the OP.
Had I need for the exotic armour offered then I wouldn’t ask what to do with my Karma, obviously.
But even after that, karma will accumulate and then what?

(edited by Antiriad.7160)

Posted by: Vaulken.6983

Vaulken.6983

I got a lot of karma too and I’ve bought all the stuff from karma vendors that I want, so what do?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Would be nice to be able to buy Fine Transmutation stones with karma.

Posted by: Voqar.2349

Voqar.2349

A whole lot of nothing? I find it next to useless because I dislike how a great deal of the gear in this game looks. I’m just saving up my jugs of karma in case that ever changes.

I’ve bought 1 42k piece of gear from the vendor outside arah but I’ve yet to see anything else I really want.

It’d be nice if you could get the cultural gear for karma but I don’t care for most of that either.

Maybe if we all pool our karma together we can buy a new designer for the armor skins to make something that people actually like.

Posted by: Dualius.4916

Dualius.4916

Maybe if we all pool our karma together we can buy a new designer for the armor skins to make something that people actually like.

This.

Posted by: Catrenna.4298

Catrenna.4298

I don’t know why you’re calling for a new armor designer, but on topic buy cultural weapons with your karma.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Fortunately it doesn’t clutter up your vault the way dungeon tokens and badges of honor do.

I’m hoping they’ll add more cosmetic stuff that’s karma based. I’m not sure that they’d ever add karma exotic accessories. But the recent addition of karma for achieves and dungeons makes me think there’s gonna be some more things to buy with karma, perhaps as early as the 16 Nov weekend.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

mine’s just sitting there. i actually spent some yesterday when i found a new breather thingy. like, 900 karma out of 200k+

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

I wish there was more armors for karma…

I have about 340k and I have no idea what to do with it.

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

@Catrenna

People want a new armor designer because 90% of the armor in the game looks similar. I mean as a medium armor wearer I have a choice of trenchcoat, trenchcoat, trenchcoat, or trenchcoat. There is a reason the people go for the CoF gear and that is because it is visibily noticeable. I’m sure the current designers went for a more “realistic” approach, but people want noticeable gear and that requires some unrealistic design.

Antiriad.7160

If at least rare cultural weapons could be used as skins for karma, but those will require purchase of fine transmutation stones again, so, no thanks. How about making fine stones purchasable for karma though, solves 2 problems in 1 go.

Posted by: Catrenna.4298

Catrenna.4298

@Distaste

I’m very happy with my mixture of heavy armor. It’s unique