KUDOS to Anet for the Megaserver improvements

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

Just had to stop by and say good job on making things better for all of us players.

Sincerly, Me.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Great changes, thank you ArenaNet!

Posted by: Endo Kazuki.2086

Endo Kazuki.2086

Does this also mean when you transfer to another server you won’t lose any upgrades that was unlocked for your guild? As for now, when you transfer you start you lose all your upgrades.

This would be amazing!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Does this also mean when you transfer to another server you won’t lose any upgrades that was unlocked for your guild? As for now, when you transfer you start you lose all your upgrades.

This would be amazing!

Yes.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/continued-improvements-to-the-megaserver-system/

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Yes, I agree they deserve appreciation for this update! Global guilds have been a long time coming! ^^ The map switching is a neat idea too.

| Lithia |

Ayrilana.1396

A question for Anet:

Will members who are not from the host server of a guild, still be required to guest to that server to receive credit for guild missions?

sazberryftw.3809

A question for Anet:

Will members who are not from the host server of a guild, still be required to guest to that server to receive credit for guild missions?

The “host server”?

| Lithia |

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Yeah they probably making better for U.S. players, not E.U. ones.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Yes. Since the megaservers this “server centric” guild-system should have been changed. Good that they have changed this now, only 4 month later.

About “Language in Europe”: There is nothing in this paragraph from the feature patch. They only describe a bugfix they made (chat filter) in the past. So why is it in there? To make the whole announcement look bigger than it is?

For now, we’ve decided not to entirely separate the different language communities onto unique map copies. While we understand that it might be difficult for some to communicate across the language barrier, we still think it’s important to have maps that feel populated no matter where in Tyria you go or at which hours you play.
(…)
We are always listening for your feedback, as it is very important for us to make the best possible game for you

Yeah, I can understand english and german. but not french. I do not have a good experience when I am placed on a map where mainly french is spoken (nothing against french in chat, I just can not understand it and I do not want to police them to speak english) and so the game feels in such moments populated, but not with other players I can communicate with, but with NPCs.

I wonder what player feedback A-net has listened to. Obviously not to the players that wanted to choose by themselves, if they want (i.e. with on config option) to be on “multi-language” maps or “single language maps” (which sometimes may could feel empty).

Greetings.

Ayrilana.1396

A question for Anet:

The “host server”?

The server that created the guild or that specific chapter. No details were given as to whether players from other server would receive credit and get their commendations. I just now saw a thread created that brings this up as well.

sazberryftw.3809

A question for Anet:

The “host server”?

The server that created the guild or that specific chapter. No details were given as to whether players from other server would receive credit and get their commendations. I just now saw a thread created that brings this up as well.

I don’t think it matters, the point is server will not effect any part of guilds any more.

| Lithia |

Ayrilana.1396

A question for Anet:

The “host server”?

I don’t think it matters, the point is server will not effect any part of guilds any more.

They never specifically stated the impact on players for the issue. Just because they’re global doesn’t necessarily mean that players no longer have to guest.

I’m sure people would prefer clarification rather than to go do guild missions expecting they’ll get credit regardless of their server but then miss out on them.

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

Very good changes Anet, although I would love for the dungeons to get some love later too!

sazberryftw.3809

They never specifically stated the impact on players for the issue. Just because they’re global doesn’t necessarily mean that players no longer have to guest.

I’m sure people would prefer clarification rather than to go do guild missions expecting they’ll get credit regardless of their server but then miss out on them.

I guess we will receive clarification, but I don’t think you will have to guest.

| Lithia |

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Some of these changes are very good, especially the changes to the Guild System.
However, i don’t like the change that kicks players out of a megaserver. That is very disruptive to gameplay, especially if you’re doing a jumping puzzle or a meta-event. I hope the announcement gives at least a 1 hour warning.

Posted by: Elsdragon.5109

Elsdragon.5109

I don’t think it kicks you out of the megaserver; it asks if you want to switch to a different instance of the map (you’ll likely appear in the same spot as where you were on the previous instance so no problem with JP, but the events may be at a different stage).

Also moving to a different instance is voluntary so you can always finish the event up before accepting the transfer.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Now they just need to apply the megaserver tech to obsidian sanctum like eotm, and let guilds from any tier gvg each other.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

They going to do anything to make things like Wurm and Tequatl less frustrating? I stopped doing those with TTS mainly because of how annoying it was waiting for them to get a map and taxi people to it~ and usually it’s filled so fast.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: spacecase.8796

spacecase.8796

i just wished they’d stop trying to fix a fatally flawed system and actually fix the so so many bugs ..then they would deserve lots of KUDOS until then ..keep banging the rocks together guys

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I appreciate the changes they have made, but I still find the megaservers a bit annoying. I don’t even bother doing Teq/Wurm because they’re just not worth the wait to get in the more organized maps, so I just do them when my guild feels like doing them all together during off hours. Then COE ends up taking me twice as long as it should to finish the 3 paths as I have to re-open the dungeon for every path as we always come out into a different server than we went in with… which is incredibly annoying.

I don’t know how they can really address the Teq stuff without a district system of sorts, but the COE issue… just unlock the dungeon for the love of god. I don’t dislike the pre event but doing it every time I want to do a path then having to redo it for the next one… it’s tiring.

Props for the changes they have made. The “subtle” changes they talked about have been noticed and I appreciate it, but it’s still a long way from fixing the issues that troubled me. Personally the megaservers have been nothing but a headache.

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Some of these changes are very good, especially the changes to the Guild System.
However, i don’t like the change that kicks players out of a megaserver. That is very disruptive to gameplay, especially if you’re doing a jumping puzzle or a meta-event. I hope the announcement gives at least a 1 hour warning.

It doesn’t kick you out, it gives you notification that the map is emptying and you choose to be reassigned whenever you find it appropriate.

With any luck the notification won’t be in the middle of the screen.

Anyway, on another topic the major thing missing from these updates is the ability to choose the instance you play on directly. While a list of numbers – like District 1, 2, 3… 16 may not be particularly informative, they were useful even in GW1 for grouping up and in GW2 would make it way easier to co-ordinate events. Would also allow the RP community to select separate instances.