Karka Chest and precursor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Hi ArenaNet i didn’t get a chest and i’d like one with a precursor in it, spent 3 hours at the karka event and got only 1 g worth of items. Some people got the chest twice with precursors worth 200-400 gold. Some of these guys spent 20 minutes or maybe 1 hour and they get rewarded with a precursor 200-400 gold? ok that’s random.

Posted by: Calsifer.6079

Calsifer.6079

This thread is going to get locked.

You can’t complain as it’s all chance. Chance is the fairest mechanic in a game.

Ninja Stokk – Thief. CD.

Posted by: Schnuffles.5369

Schnuffles.5369

This game rewards luck over skill and effort.

I thought people knew by now?

Zoid.2568

This thread is going to get locked.

You can’t complain as it’s all chance. Chance is the fairest mechanic in a game.

No chance is not the fairest solution but if you do it right it can be fairer than it is. They could have atleast handed out rewards worth a minimum of XX gold from the chests.

Example

Minimum reward from chest worth: 50 gold

Maximum reward from chest: 400 gold

That would have been fairer. Some only got items worth a few silvers or 2-3 gold.

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

Oh come on, really?

No chance is not the fairest solution but if you do it right it can be fairer than it is. They could have atleast handed out rewards worth a minimum of XX gold from the chests.

Example

Minimum reward from chest worth: 50 gold

Maximum reward from chest: 400 gold

That would have been fairer. Some only got items worth a few silvers or 2-3 gold.

You got the same chance as people who looted the proper chest. Most people got exotics worth around 2g.

(edited by Kana.6793)

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

How many people actually got precursors from the chest they mailed out? I haven’t heard of anyone as of yet, but I know tonsa people got precursors from the ancient karka. I smell a blatant nerf to the loot?

Posted by: Kethryes.5712

Kethryes.5712

Karka bag = 10 gold
Karka earing = 1000 Karka Shell = 40 gold +
2 rares + 2 trash exotics = 2-5 gold

minimum reward from chest = 50 gold

That’s what i got. Sucks not to be on the lucky precusror jackpot winners side, but I’m not gonna complain.

And it’s not as if 300 threads like this were already created from the Karka event

(edited by Kethryes.5712)

Zoid.2568

Dear God Zoid, do you have any idea how much of a whiny, entitled little… “child” you sound like? “Oh, I got disconnected, give me a pre-cursor! Wah wah wah! It’s not fair! Why were there so many people online for this one time event in the same areas?” Seriously! I get that you feel annoyed about the disconnect before you finished, I would have too. But whining that you deserve a pre-cursor for not even technically finishing? I am one of the lucky ones, I’ll admit it, but In my entire instance only two other people seemed to get pre-cursors, and I was stacked to the brim on magic find. I know that if it had happened to me I would be miffed, but I’d also just be thankful that ANet said “Yeah, that wasn’t fair, give us a bit and we’ll send the box in the mail.” And if you were wanting one so you didn’t have to buy it, atleast the prices came down after the event to make it more manageable. I’m not even sure that it was just because it was a 1 time event boss, they’ve always said that they can be found in high level area chest, and it is a level 80 area and that was a rather rare chest, it’s just that there were so many people getting to it (most probably doped up on magic find like myself). If you don’t want the chest, shut up and give it to someone who couldn’t even make it to the event because of work or other commitments, we don’t want or need whiny, self-entitled children here.

I didn’t read your wall of whinetext.

Posted by: Ojike.3179

Ojike.3179

Dear God Zoid, do you have any idea how much of a whiny, entitled little… “child” you sound like? “Oh, I got disconnected, give me a pre-cursor! Wah wah wah! It’s not fair! Why were there so many people online for this one time event in the same areas?” Seriously! I get that you feel annoyed about the disconnect before you finished, I would have too. But whining that you deserve a pre-cursor for not even technically finishing? I am one of the lucky ones, I’ll admit it, but In my entire instance only two other people seemed to get pre-cursors, and I was stacked to the brim on magic find. I know that if it had happened to me I would be miffed, but I’d also just be thankful that ANet said “Yeah, that wasn’t fair, give us a bit and we’ll send the box in the mail.” And if you were wanting one so you didn’t have to buy it, atleast the prices came down after the event to make it more manageable. I’m not even sure that it was just because it was a 1 time event boss, they’ve always said that they can be found in high level area chest, and it is a level 80 area and that was a rather rare chest, it’s just that there were so many people getting to it (most probably doped up on magic find like myself). If you don’t want the chest, shut up and give it to someone who couldn’t even make it to the event because of work or other commitments, we don’t want or need whiny, self-entitled children here.

Magic find doesnt work at loot from chests so you where just lucky.
And you dont see me complaining about not getting a precursor, OP.

Zoid.2568

Karka bag = 10 gold

That’s what i got. Sucks not to be on the lucky precusror jackpot winners side, but I’m not gonna complain.

And it’s not as if 300 threads like this were already created from the Karka event

You can’t count in the karka bag and earring, everyone get those.

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

I didn’t read your wall of whinetext.

Then allow me to summarize:

Quit whining like a 5 year old.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

Karka bag = 10 gold

um, no, everyone didnt.

still waiting along with hundreds of others that didnt get mail.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Kaminari.4018

Kaminari.4018

I like how this stuff gets more attention then posts regarding disconnections in FoTM and how players have to reset the entire dungeon just to get that person back in. Like what?

Commander of Procrastination Nation [UhOh]
Miss Terribad
Dragonbrand

Zoid.2568

Karka bag = 10 gold

um, no, everyone didnt.

Everyone that open the chest get one. Everyone doesn’t get a precursor worth 400g.

Posted by: SquallofBalamb.8973

SquallofBalamb.8973

Karka bag = 10 gold

um, no, everyone didnt.

Everyone that open the chest get one. Everyone doesn’t get a precursor worth 400g.

Check your numbers, Precursors are currently 250g MAX

Minion Master of Apex of Tyria
Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

Zoid.2568

Karka bag = 10 gold

um, no, everyone didnt.

They were worth 400g a few weeks ago when they were looted from karka chest. Also, people didn’t only get precursors, they got other named exotics like Volcanos that are worth 400g or more.

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

Hi ArenaNet i didn’t get a chest and i’d like one with a precursor in it, spent 3 hours at the karka event and got only 1 g worth of items. Some people got the chest twice with precursors worth 200-400 gold. Some of these guys spent 20 minutes or maybe 1 hour and they get rewarded with a precursor 200-400 gold? ok that’s random.

work for it. 3 hours is nothing you might get lucky in a other way but stop complaining like a 3 year old for his bottle of warm milk.

SquallofBalamb.8973

Karka bag = 10 gold

um, no, everyone didnt.

They were worth 400g a few weeks ago when they were looted from karka chest. Also, people didn’t only get precursors, they got other named exotics like Volcanos that are worth 400g or more.

No, they were 400g BEFORE the event, afterwards I saw some for as little as 50g, it’s the buyer that decides how much its worth. Hey, if you wanna spend 400g on an exotic that isn’t even a precursor be my guest, but I have no idea why your complaining about not getting a precursor then.

Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Just to get this straight OP- are you complaining about not getting a precursor? Seriously?
Oh you spent 3 hours at an event and now you feel you deserve it?
What about those players who spent 100’s of Gold and months of their time and still don’t have one?
If every single person in the game had a precursor how rare do you think legendary’s will be?
I still have no chest and would rejoice if I got a box, accessory and some rares out of it. That is if I get a mail. If not, so what?

Gunnar’s Hold

Zoid.2568

Just to get this straight OP- are you complaining about not getting a precursor? Seriously?
What about those players who spent 100’s of Gold and months of their time and still don’t have one?
If every single person in the game had a precursor how rare do you think legendary’s will be?
I still have no chest and would rejoice if I got a box, accessory and some rares out of it. That is if I get a mail. If not, so what?

Those who spent 1000 gold in the Mystic Forge got ripped and defentively deserved a Precursor.

I’m whining because some people get 1g and others 400g, not that i didn’t get a precursor. Who doesn’t want a precursor?

SquallofBalamb.8973

Those who spent 1000 gold in the Mystic Forge got ripped and defentively deserved a Precursor.

I’m whining because some people get 1g and others 400g, not that i didn’t get a precursor. Who doesn’t want a precursor?

Lets get this straight, no-one “deserves” a precursor, a legendary is a long term goal and is a large part luck. Also, anyone who managed to get 1000g together and not get a precursor could have:
A. bought 1
B. wondered how they amassed so much money.

It’s not about the monetary value anyway, are you saying that you would have sold this “400g” precursor? Your numbers are still well off btw.

Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

Just be thankful that you got anything at all man.

You had a chance at it and that’s all that matters. Be thankful for receiving your items and learn to appreciate it.

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Brian.9125

Brian.9125

I agree with the OP and feel that I deserve and should be given a precursor as well.

On a side note why do so many insist on feeding obvious trolls?

Posted by: Vakirauta.6397

Vakirauta.6397

I love the fact that the ones defending whatever ANet does are the same people.

The Iron Butterfly

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

As I just wrote in another thread, the gw2 discussion subforum has already threads that discuss issues with the karka chests and there is no need to start a new one. Please, check this one in order to see a discussion about what the other players got. For an official discussion about the solution with official ANet statements inside, check this one. There is also another one about the fairness of the karka chest rewards, here.

We encourage all of you to stick to those already open threads if you have something to add there or feedback for us.

We proceed to close this one. Thanks for your understanding.