Karka Scavenger Hunt

Karka Scavenger Hunt

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I have to say that I absolutely loved how this was done. Kudos to the team that worked on this part especially as I feel they hit the nail on the head!

-The presentation was great. It was foreshadowed with hidden Karka in the pre-rebuilt LA and then some of the added ambient dialog referencing them was perfect. Subtle, but not too much so.

-Achievement tab is very well done. The hints and general location made it so that after my initial run through the city blindly looking didn’t have to be repeated. After my initial run (found 26) was done I pinpointed the ones I couldn’t find at first, but did after the hint and location (got me up to 44 of them). After that, I admittedly used Dulfy guide to get the last 6, but even that was easier because of the achievement tab showing me which I hadn’t found.

-No ctrl viewing is something at first I didn’t like, but soon warmed up to as it made me really look at my surroundings. Holding down the ctrl button and seeing in bright letters the Karka would have cheapened the find quite a bit and would have made those pesky ones behind things too easy to see. Love it!

-Sound indicating when you are close seems small, but I thought was genius. It really helped with the emersion factor and I actually got excited when I heard the scurrying.

-The reward of a dragonite ore eater was just right. It is something that we can live without, but having it is a great value too. It is also a long term and unique reward and as such added value and will serve as a reminder to how much fun it was to get it for a long time to come.

End result, an emphatic A+ from me and a thank you for some of the most fun I’ve had in PvE for a long time. Hope to see similar things in the future.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Karka Scavenger Hunt

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

It was very well done, I’m glad these utility items weren’t too tough to get but made you travel and do things you wouldn’t normally

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Karka Scavenger Hunt

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

B+ for me. As some like the timing one is a pain when the gun has a channel time and flight time.

Karka Scavenger Hunt

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

I thought it was very well done too, although I had a mini breakdown as I was going for 48/50 and inadvertently swapped weapons and lost the gun. Oh and I love the lighthouse in LA. Really gorgeous.

Anx

Karka Scavenger Hunt

Posted by: avan.2803

avan.2803

You beat me to this post. I managed to finish the whole thing on hints alone though it took two days. The challenge was just right and I truly truly enjoyed this achievement. Not having to break down and use a guide was just perfect. Thanks for doing this one right and hopefully more in the future with the same dynamic.

Karka Scavenger Hunt

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

Only thing I HATED was loosing gun on death – choosing wrong maw in shark cavern for the last jump (it is looong time I was there last time) autorespawn i place before the jump…. without gun…..AAAAAH kitten HATE

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

Karka Scavenger Hunt

Posted by: avan.2803

avan.2803

I disconnected halfway through sharkmaw after finally figuring out how to get in without falling to my death and lost my gun. ... With two karka left... But yeah, if I had any issues with it, losing the gun was the only one. Maybe next time they can make a consumable item similar to the birthday gun that you can store in your inventory.

Karka Scavenger Hunt

Posted by: Fingolfin.6917

Fingolfin.6917

+1

This was absolutly the best implemented hunt and a nice improvement to the “find the golden coin” hunt in dry top. I hope that all following hunts will be technically simular. I really liked the tracking by ambiant sound.

Only the karka above the commodors door drove me nuts. I think that he should be repositioned to make it easier to hit him.

All together +1 ANet, keep going ;-)

Karka Scavenger Hunt

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

+1. It’s very well done and totally fun to do with friends. Some of those locations have the ‘WTF’ factor that makes you laugh and curse when you finally found them (I’m looking at you, ‘In the mists, sanctum harbor’ karka)