Karka reward chest unfair

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Maharunn.4567

Maharunn.4567

I would really like to know why the Karka chests are being mailed to some people who never participated in the event. I am aware that some people did not get the chest and it is great that they are finally able to receive their rewards. But I have noticed a problem with this. There are a few people I know that never even attempted to do the events and have been mailed these rewards. Also these chests seem to be always a few rares and exotics. When I opened my chest after completing the event I got 1 rare and some greens and blues. One of my level 80 friends didn’t even get level 80 items (also blues and greens).
I don’t really think it is that fair for everyone that has received these new rewards to be given what seems to be guaranteed rares and exotics, while some of us who opened the chest did not. I also don’t think its fair that people who were never doing the event were able to get the loot. I feel like I should never have even bothered taking the 3 hours to do that final event.

Posted by: Mercucial.6759

Mercucial.6759

Here we go……

Posted by: Schnuffles.5369

Schnuffles.5369

Be happy you got to open a chest. Some of us didnt even get that.

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

And so it begins…

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Wow. I didn’t get to go but I would have liked to see the event more than a chest— You realize how you sound here?

Posted by: Tamarzan.6925

Tamarzan.6925

This is actually kinda BS. Why would they give chests to people who didn’t even touch the event? I’m glad those that were screwed got loot, but this is wrong. And the chest they gave to those who got screwed should have had the same loot table and drop rates as the rest of us. Any response, ANet?

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Wow. I didn’t get to go but I would have liked to see the event more than a chest— You realize how you sound here?

The chest was the only good part of the entire 3 day event

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I do hope Arenanet doesn’t take messages like this too seriously. People joke that MMos devolve into skinner boxes but to hear some people they literally want a skinner box.

Push button, recieve treat. Any pretense be kitten :p

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Bluebizzer.1950

Bluebizzer.1950

Only thing that I could see being unfair is for people who once again didn’t get a chest, as a lot of people didn’t actually get anything sent.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I remember reading that many people couldn’t take part because of where they live/are in the real world, maybe Anet giving them a chest too because through no fault of their own couldn’t play the event?

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Whats unfair is that after the community told them they didn’t want one time events during Halloween, they made another that gives out free exotics/precursors/20 slot inventory boxes.

Sucks to have a family, job or live in the wrong timezone I guess.

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

I do hope Arenanet doesn’t take messages like this too seriously. People joke that MMos devolve into skinner boxes but to hear some people they literally want a skinner box.

He’s right, thought. Event was a horrible lagfest and mistreated a lot of people, just because they’re living in “wrong” countries. It would be better to not do final event.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I often wonder what would happen to people like this if you lived in a situation that actually deserved real criticisms… like you were put under a dictator or police state or something & you didn’t have basic rights & were imprisoned for talking or reading books etc… I think your head would literally implode..

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Push button, recieve treat. Any pretense be kitten :p

It actually was that bad. Invisible mobs, painfully unimaginative material like multiple half-hour-long clear-the-trash sessions, horrible lag, can’t get with your party members… Take everything don’t like about GW2, that was the event.

Hopefully they’ll stick to what their strengths are for future events — particularly doing really good small group instances, cuz that’s what they did well in GW1, too.

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Yeah, I couldn’t participate in the one-time event since it was 3am at my place at that time, and felt left out. Am glad Anet has sent out the reward to everyone. Sure I didn’t get any precursor, and didn’t expect to. I atleast got something, and am glad about it that everyone got a fair chance. You just have to whine about anything for the sake of whining I guess. Pretty bad that you had to go through multiple deaths, lagfest and stuff at the event, I agree, but atleast you got a chance at a precursor, which none of us who got rewards over mail even expected one or have gotten any so far.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

So some people who didn’t participate get chests, some people who got a chest get chests, and some people who didn’t get a chest then still don’t get one now. I’m not sure what kind of system they implemented, but it doesn’t seem very accurate…

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

If they are gonna give eveyrone a chest. Then they should give everyone a chest.

Some people finished the event and got a chest, and also were mailed a chest. While others only got 1 chest for doing the event. how is that fair?

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

Not going to touch on the other issues, but…

I’m pretty sure the original event chest guaranteed 2 exotics and 2 rares. You’re the first person I’ve heard from who didn’t get that from the original chest. Perhaps a ticket to Anet would help.

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

I don’t know how they determined who got the mail. I received one and I was able to complete the event fine. My wife (last I checked) didn’t receive one and she had nothing but issues, kittenin’ at me about how she could barely get connected let alone actually do the even with me and our friends. People I know that completed the event multiple times still received the mail. Hardly fair here.

As for what’s in the box this time around: Why complain? Really. If everyone is now getting the two rares, two exotics, earring and bag, why are you complaining? That would mean you got it to. So you’re getting the second chance at better loot. The only people that have any kind of complaint are those that, for some reason, still are not level 80. Their loot got scaled to their current level. To that I say: If you’re going to scale everyone up to 80, why not give out only level 80 loot. This works fine for these “one time” events. People not 80 can store the items until they are and have a decent upgrade the moment they level OR they can opt to turn a profit.

Posted by: Stonesolid.2706

Stonesolid.2706

I got an extra chest and already had my items from the event. Thanks for the extra 20 slot box I guess?

Stonesolid – Sylvari Mesmer
Member of Unlimited [ULTD]
Fort Aspenwood’s Force of Chaos

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

People are going to complain about something, regardless of what ANet chooses to do. It’s inevitable.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

totally agree. the event was a pain in the kitten day 1 was lagged like hell, day 2 was canceled without a word about it and day 3 was a pain in the kitten only good thing was the chest.

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

This is why most companies just ignore this stuff from the start.

It doesn’t matter what they do someone is going to piss and moan about it.

I did the event, got my chest, didn’t get one mailed to me (yet?) and I don’t deserve one. I think it sucks that people who exploited the event (did it more than once) are getting more in some cases but I’m not going to get upset about it.

I’m just happy Anet is making an effort to give those who deserve it what they do deserve. If some random people happen to get a bonus, fine. It’s the price of trying to do the right thing (unfortunately some of the players didn’t/aren’t doing the right thing).

Posted by: toafarmer.8401

toafarmer.8401

This is why most companies just ignore this stuff from the start.

It doesn’t matter what they do someone is going to piss and moan about it.

I did the event, got my chest, didn’t get one mailed to me (yet?) and I don’t deserve one. I think it sucks that people who exploited the event (did it more than once) are getting more in some cases but I’m not going to get upset about it.

I’m just happy Anet is making an effort to give those who deserve it what they do deserve. If some random people happen to get a bonus, fine. It’s the price of trying to do the right thing (unfortunately some of the players didn’t/aren’t doing the right thing).

people just care more about what other people get than about what they get themselves.

Posted by: Wrei Mors Les.8406

Wrei Mors Les.8406

I’ve yet to see people still complain that they still aren’t able to repeat the karka event despite missing out if the past month’s topic threads were anything to go by. This pretty much confirms those people natural priorities: Phat lewt> massive fun event.
Now where’s that waiver we have to sign before opening the karka chest ?

(You know, the one that states:
“I ( insert player’s name), sign away my right to whinge about missing out on an event as long as Anet hands out the end reward to me on a silver platter”.)

-peace out…

(edited by Wrei Mors Les.8406)

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

I thought the event was pretty rad when we hit the Ancient Karka with large objects it it was like “OH GOD MY PRECIOUS BARNACLES” and it started crying as thousands of little mammals started to beat it with little sticks…..

I do admit… the part with the waves of Karka was waaay to long. The event was entertaing and gave me something to do. Map chat kept me in stitches as well. Wasnt all that bad :L

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

Posted by: mischwoof.9785

mischwoof.9785

i was so excited, too! :<

Nisha The Medicat [NEWL] | Lv. 80 Engineer | Dragonbrand

Posted by: interpol.2397

interpol.2397

I remember reading that many people couldn’t take part because of where they live/are in the real world, maybe Anet giving them a chest too because through no fault of their own couldn’t play the event?

Going by that logic, they should give every account an event chest.

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Let us not forget about the revolutionary mechanic of 2 health bars that was introduced with the event.

Posted by: Overworld.9613

Overworld.9613

I think what the developers were looking for was 2 event flags, the first being that you at some point started to attempted the event chain (cause many people were turned off the event as a whole by the first two days worth of bugs). Second that they didn’t “complete” the event. The second event flag probably was flipped a while after actually beating the boss so the people who swapped servers to go again missed getting triggered and got sent a shiny new one and the people who were unfortunate to get lagged into an already finished server/overflow got that flag triggered and miss out now. So yeah, it’s a solution that should cover most cases and props to doing such a wide recovery of faith, and cause there’s been no official news on it yet (via forums and wiki) they might not be finished rolling this out, so just give them a bit more time, they already showed they’re true to their word.

Secretly creative

Posted by: LemurTron.9261

LemurTron.9261

I often wonder what would happen to people like this if you lived in a situation that actually deserved real criticisms… like you were put under a dictator or police state or something & you didn’t have basic rights & were imprisoned for talking or reading books etc… I think your head would literally implode..

depends if they had internet access in the gulag or not

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

sokay i did participate in the event and both times these chests have dropped nothing i could use…….twice now. None of my characters got a single useful thing accept the bag and ear ring. wonder how many got precursors this time.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Wrei Mors Les.8406

Wrei Mors Les.8406

sokay i did participate in the event and both times these chests have dropped nothing i could use…….twice now. None of my characters got a single useful thing accept the bag and ear ring. wonder how many got precursors this time.

I guess you wouldn’t mind getting a drop you couldn’t ‘use’ as long as its a precursor (e.g. the shortbow on your engineer).

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

You were unlucky, this new chest has the exact same chances as the previous.

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

Ever since I got my Karka chest, I’m pretty much legend on my server.

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

I only want vet rewards.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Still got nothing

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Eirik.9145

Eirik.9145

It doesn’t seem to matter if you dc’d during the final fight, already got the chest, participated in the event but not during the final fight, or even didn’t do any of the event at all. All of those cases have gotten chests on the Tarnished Coast server. All I’ll say is that if Anet’s solution was to just mail everyone a chest, then why has it taken weeks to do. It could’ve been done in days. Were they waiting to see if issue went away so they wouldn’t have to do anything. There really is no excuse for it to have taken so long if everyone was going to get the chest anyway.

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

Jesus, are you people serious? The world isn’t fair, life sucks, people get rewarded for things they don’t deserve, did I mention the world isn’t fair? It’s done. Quit counting everyone else’s blessings and count your own.

Posted by: Kaminari.4018

Kaminari.4018

LOL I dont understand this. Anet gave players who got the chest another chest. How is this fair? Also if they didnt do the event dont let them get it jeez.

Commander of Procrastination Nation [UhOh]
Miss Terribad
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Pustulio.8207

Pustulio.8207

Wow..people are really upset about not getting the chest, yet….it probably doesn’t help when I say I got mine, opened it, and deleted all of its contents, because I didn’t feel I should be compensated for people missing a world event.

That’s like getting pissed at a movie theater, because I didn’t get to see “Ted” while it was there, and then demanding a free movie pass as compensation. That’s not cool…not cool at all.

As for the people that DC’d during the final battle…YOU ALL DESERVE the chest. the rest of you..not so much…maybe the people that lagged out, too…but not the ones that lagged cause they have crappy computers.

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

Hmm well the event was so bugged when i tried to do it and then the information i received about it was extremely confusing. I was told if i did not complete the first phase that took place on Friday, that i could not do the rest, i spent over 12 hours Friday/Saturday and i never got a chance to actually finish Phase one. I came back later Saturday to try and finish, but was told by several i could not because it had to be done on Friday.

Weather this was true or not, i was deflated after spending an exorbitant amount of time in frustrating glitched events. I did not have the desire to even see if the information i got about doing Phase one was accurate or not.

Do i feel i deserve the chest if i had one mailed to me ? A little bit but i am not upset i have not had any consideration about it.

I think Anet should have just introduced the event again so everyone could make a serious attempt to doing it, and no i am not talking a year from now, i mean like the following week after it was first over.

Posted by: Leo.6817

Leo.6817

LOL I dont understand this. Anet gave players who got the chest another chest. How is this fair? Also if they didnt do the event dont let them get it jeez.

I don’t understand, why do you care? How does it hurt you? Maybe ANet decides to give one guy 999 chests, how does that impact you in a negative way?

I swear the people posting on these forums screaming “Unfair” you would think ANet stripped their characters of gear took all their gold and then handed it to someone else.

Like the billion people before me have said, count your own blessings and stop peering at what other people get with gluttonous envy eyes.

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

It doesn’t seem to matter if you dc’d during the final fight, already got the chest, participated in the event but not during the final fight, or even didn’t do any of the event at all. All of those cases have gotten chests on the Tarnished Coast server. All I’ll say is that if Anet’s solution was to just mail everyone a chest, then why has it taken weeks to do. It could’ve been done in days. Were they waiting to see if issue went away so they wouldn’t have to do anything. There really is no excuse for it to have taken so long if everyone was going to get the chest anyway.

1. Love your speculation on them waiting to see if it went away so they wouldn’t have to do anything. Completely baseless, but bravo anyway (sarcasm)!

2. Even if their solution was to just mail everyone a chest, your conclusion that there was no excuse for it taking this long is silly. What, so they can’t try to figure out a more elegant solution? Oh, the horror!

3. But no, they didn’t just mail everyone a chest. I don’t know what the actual script checked for, but I know some people who received a chest prior didn’t get a second one, some people who did receive a chest prior got a second one, and the people who didn’t get a chest finally got one. Not a perfect solution, but all that matters is the people who deserved a chest got theirs. Anything more is just being greedy now.

Posted by: tasaunders.3746

tasaunders.3746

And so it begins…

When I read this, all I could hear in my head was, “IT BEGINS.” And after I laughed quietly to myself, I realized that it pretty much has.

The chests were fair. I was one of those people who got disconnected at the tail end of the final event and didn’t get to loot the chest. I’m both pleased and grateful ANet owned the problem and did something to resolve it. the RNG isn’t always going to be super accommodating to people, so you might not get something you can use. That’s why the trading post exists, so you can sell the stuff and buy something you can use.

As for me, I got one precursor I could actually use, one I’m banking for another character and some rares to sell, along with the accessory and the 20 slot box. Even if I got things I couldn’t use, I would have either sold or salvaged them. I think it’s more important that ANet kept their word, rather than the specific worth of what came out of the chest.

Serenity.6149

If they are gonna give eveyrone a chest. Then they should give everyone a chest.

Some people finished the event and got a chest, and also were mailed a chest. While others only got 1 chest for doing the event. how is that fair?

How is your proposed solution better? “[They] should give everyone a chest.” Okay, now everyone has at least one chest, and some have more. Think about it.

Serenity.6149

I think it’s more important that ANet kept their word, rather than the specific worth of what came out of the chest.

EXACTLY. Those who are reasonable only care that they didn’t spend the time for nothing. Then you have all the other people who can’t stand that someone else got something better (dang you for that precursor — j/k!). People need to worry more about their own happiness rather than trying to make sure nobody else is happier. ANet kept their word, and that’s all my girlfriend and I care about.

Posted by: Odinius.9826

Odinius.9826

I DC’d twice at the event but did manage to get the chest (once) in the end even though the exotics where meh and already had a better accessory imo, the 20 slot bag was a great gift.
Even though I’m on almost every evening I can’t seem to climb over the 5 gold barrier after getting my full exotic set and jewelery and getting an order armor.
Greedy or not I would love to get another chest just to get by since I can’t seem to manage my income and would love for some more 20 slot bags without going broke over a sup rune of holding.
With the report of people getting a chest after already getting one or more and even without attending, yes I smiled and was hopefull for getting one as well.
Now it seems I didn’t get one which makes me a bit sad but fair tbh.
For all that did attend and didn’t get one Anet asked for you to send a support ticket, so please do so.
I want to, I really do but won’t it’s only fair…

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Oh, so the great “this is unfair” whining has started again, guess it’s that time of year. Well, life can be unfair. I couldn’t even get online during the event, the login-server just wouldn’t let me in. I missed the whole Karka attack on LA and guess what, I won’t be compensated for that. Disappointing? Sure! For, like, one day or something. But if you feel treated unfair or disappointed, do as I did and get over it. Stop acting like a spoiled brat and go enjoy Tyria. There’s no time to mourn over missed chances on free shiny pixels, Tyria needs you.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Wow this thread blows my mind!
After people have been complaining for two weeks about not receiving rewards for the event- Anet makes good and sends those rewards and people QQ?

I joked this would happen- I wasn’t serious
Get a grip, you are getting your reward, say thank you!
They didn’t have to do this at all

Gunnar’s Hold