Karma Armor Being Soulbound.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LoneWolf.1679

LoneWolf.1679

Hi,

I Just recently leveled up my engineer to level 80 and was going to buy karma temple armor from the merchant in the Cathedral of Glorious Victory. I have a Guardian that already explored that area so I decided to save time and log in as him and go and buy the armor for my engineer. When i went and bought the armor and then placed it in my bank I switched to my engineer and went to withdraw my armor from my bank, but when I went to withdraw the armor it said i cant because it was soul bound to my guardian. So, I would like to know if you can choose to have temple armor not soul bound on purchase and if not i would like to make a suggestion to make the karma temple armor not soul bind on purchase, but still be account bound, and only be soul bound when equipped like all other items are programmed.

Thanks,
Lonewolf

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

All non-ascended karma armor/weapon/accessory items are soulbound on acquire. It’s been that way for as long as I can remember, and I don’t see them changing it anytime soon.

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

It is also noted on the item pop-up before you buy it.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

I’ve never figured why the back items and rings are Account bound on Acquire while the armor is Soulbound on Acquire, just another Anet inconsistency I guess.

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

All non-ascended karma armor/weapon/accessory items are soulbound on acquire. It’s been that way for as long as I can remember, and I don’t see them changing it anytime soon.

Karma accessories are not souldbound on acquire. They are soulbound on equip.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Karma accessories are not souldbound on acquire. They are soulbound on equip.

Ah, I haven’t bought karma accessories in so long, so I didn’t know/remember that.

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

There is no reason that they couldn’t make it “soulbound on use”. Karma is account bound now, so it only makes sense to update the karma vendor gear.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I was going to say it feels like that is just a relic from when karma was character based currency but perhaps the point is not just to have earned the karma but also to have gotten that character up to the point where they can buy the armor

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I was going to say it feels like that is just a relic from when karma was character based currency but perhaps the point is not just to have earned the karma but also to have gotten that character up to the point where they can buy the armor

Even so, with karma being account bound now, there’s no real reason for the vast majority of gear to be “soul-bound on acquisition” — most of that can be ‘safely’ changed to “account-bound on acquire, soul-bound on equip”.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

This issue was fixed by making all currency accountbound. It still keeps you (oh friendly patron) from tweaking your characters with free level 80 gear that you bought 5 sets of from Orr that one Thursday 7 months ago before people just abandoned it.

In short, it keeps you exploring the gat-dang map!