Karma and Obsidian Shards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Can we please. For the love of god please…. Have some of our karma back? Or OR…. Make obi shards a drop from somewhere hard like in GW1 buy able…. Anything but since the karma massacre I honestly hate that I need obi shards for anything.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You can buy them with laurels or fractal relics too.

I don’t know if that’s any better for you but it gives you options at least.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Yeah I know about the fractals but I don’t play for hours every night doing nothing but fractals. And even then it’s 15 fractals for 1 shard… Also laurels are needed for ascended gear on top of obi shards it’s a nasty revolving door.

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

The use of materials in this game is appalling, and none more so than obi shards. Since the karma nerf it is almost essential to run fractals for them. Those of us who didn’t hoard millions of karma are the ones who took the hit with that patch fix.

The only saving grace is obi shards are only used in legendaries and ascended items so far.. so one can just opt out of Arena.net’s idea of end game and avoid them.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

This is exactly why I told people emphatically not to waste karma. Even yet people are touting ‘converting karma to gold’ lately.

I have no sympathy for people who blew all their millions of karma on those Orr boxes just for a chance to get lodestones.

I do have sympathy, however, for newer players.

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I didn’t use any of my karma on Orr boxes. I am now subject to all my time playing to grinding karma. Either wvw or the general karma trains. But hey I guess my other characters and my time can take a back seat. Just give us some of our karma back up the event rewards of karma or return the jugs….

Or make obi shards buy able on the trade post. From other characters.

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

This is exactly why I told people emphatically not to waste karma. Even yet people are touting ‘converting karma to gold’ lately.

I have no sympathy for people who blew all their millions of karma on those Orr boxes just for a chance to get lodestones.

I play about 3 or 4 days a week for a few hours at night and have since launch… I feel stepped on every patch that limits and gates my ability to accumulate currencies.

Get no life or get out of GW2, apparently.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Yeah, Karma was also the cheapest and most efficient way to obtain some exotic armor. I outfitted a number of different alts in Rabid gear from temples before the change. With the benefit of hindsight, I should have guarded that stuff like it were gold.

Personally I don’t care. It’s just one source of dissatisfaction with the game. If enough of them pile up, I may actually go back and finish Assassin’s Creed IV.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

At this point I may go back and get all of my guild wars 1 characters in obsidian gear. It’s gonna take me less time. And money, I constantly have a guild karma banner building( and in use) , a 24 hour karma booster building (and in use) and karma boosters running. I split time between WvW, karma trains and Orr. Still can’t get it in a timely manner.

I am highly considering not making anything ascended after I finish what I have started ever again. Which also drops my money I spend into the game.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I am one of those who thinks the opposite. I believe we need more rewards based on adventuring and less based on trading, karma does that. I would hope that if they do release new legendaries they will be based on playing content and not so much buying and selling. Then they might gain back some prestige that they have lost long ago.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I was down for karma based… But not after the massive massacre on karma

Posted by: Black Dragon.3784

Black Dragon.3784

Omg I was about to makes a similar post, I mean was there really a point of hitting karma this hard Anet?
1. Karma boosters don’t work how they use to
2.daily jugs decreased by more than 10percent
3.monthly jugs got reduced to 1 flask that is less than 20percent I THINK
4.can not get karma from champs in dungeons

Since all this getting karma has been a nightmare, how is it I have made 300g from dungeons but still on about 20k karma? It’s way too low. This nerf focused on how to reduce karma instead of looking on how to make karma more challenging to get… I would be happy with doing all monthlies instead of 4 to get back the jugs and I would be happy doing all dailies instead of 5 to get that 1 jug

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

If be willing to do a bit more on dailies say 4 bare minimum the more you do the more karma you earn. Do 6 get a little bit more karma do them all get more. Do all the monthlies and get extra karma. I don’t wanna grind the karma trains or take a spot in WvW from someone who wants to be there. I just want the karma…. cries just let me have the karma.

Black Dragon.3784

Oh and If you don’t bring back daily and monthly jugs maybe this.. just like magic find if salvaging greens and blues could get us some type of essence that could get karma gain up that would be great. Imagine 2k karma per event

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

If they were made tradeable i would happily sell my stock of these and other mats i will never use.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

We should have that option. I’d pay a bit extra to not have to grind.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Then it would be all about gold again. That imo is the wrong direction. We should be rewarding play more not just pushing players towards trading. A BIG NO for that one imo.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Activities like crab toss and keg brawl give 600 karma/run or 1k if you win. If you’re bad at them you still get more than from fractals. Playing at odd hours will pretty much guarantee you the 1k.

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

…What exactly do people in this game that both benefits from Legendary/Ascended gear and doesn’t result in boatloads of Karma anyway?

- Queensdale Champ Train
- WvW
- Dungeons
- Fractals

Everything there is to do in this game gives tons of Karma.

Omg I was about to makes a similar post, I mean was there really a point of hitting karma this hard Anet?
1. Karma boosters don’t work how they use to
2.daily jugs decreased by more than 10percent
3.monthly jugs got reduced to 1 flask that is less than 20percent I THINK
4.can not get karma from champs in dungeons

Since all this getting karma has been a nightmare, how is it I have made 300g from dungeons but still on about 20k karma? It’s way too low. This nerf focused on how to reduce karma instead of looking on how to make karma more challenging to get… I would be happy with doing all monthlies instead of 4 to get back the jugs and I would be happy doing all dailies instead of 5 to get that 1 jug

Uh… no. Your numbers are so far off it’s not even funny. Well, okay it’s a little funny. A single dungeon run even on the short paths gives just shy of 2,000 Karma. That means if you only got 20,000 Karma off of your dungeon runs, you only did about 10 dungeon runs. 10 runs, even if you say you were doing only Arah paths, only the ones that give 3g each, is at most about 30g, plus drops of course. So unless you are counting some highly rare, valuable drops that shot you up 270+ gold, I’m going to have to say your claim has no foundation.

Black Dragon.3784

I did not mention the fact I sold all mats salvaged dungeon token armours etc

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

I just want to be able to get globs of ectoplasm for karma, laurels, or fractal relics, too.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Black Dragon.3784

Oh lol and I can even go in detail on what I do… Cof p1 and 2 hotw p1 se p1 ac all paths each day profit of roughly 30g including selling mats and things

Subdue.5479

…300g in 10 dungeon runs is 30g/run. You’re not averaging 30g per run. 5g per run would already be a stretch, salvaging and selling or not.

Subdue.5479

Oh lol and I can even go in detail on what I do… Cof p1 and 2 hotw p1 se p1 ac all paths each day profit of roughly 30g including selling mats and things

You just listed off 7 dungeon runs that total 13,160 Karma PER DAY, equating to 30g PER DAY for you. To get your 300g that you claimed, you’d have to do this for 10 days, and the Karma reward for that would be 131,600 Karma, not anywhere near the 20,000 Karma you claimed.

Black Dragon.3784

…300g in 10 dungeon runs is 30g/run. You’re not averaging 30g per run. 5g per run would already be a stretch, salvaging and selling or not.

I did not say per run I said per day

Black Dragon.3784

Oh ye.. My bad I have 13 clovers aswell

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I’m kind of lost. How many obsidian shards do you need ? Do you craft a legendary every week ?

Black Dragon.3784

Oh and there are other factores some
days I made up to 40gish

Black Dragon.3784

I’m kind of lost. How many obsidian shards do you need ? Do you craft a legendary every week ?

Second legendary and this is my last part besides the 200sps I need and 500BoH

Posted by: Chaos.3597

Chaos.3597

Doing daily Fractal Run 10 or more lvl below your reward level gives additional 6,5k Karma. My personal reward lvl is 23 atm so:
Lvl1 run:
- 20 relics, 6,5k karma plus 20 relics from daily chest plus 1 pristine relic ( 15 relics )
Lvl 11 run:
- 24 relics, 6,5k karma plus 20 relics plus 1 pristine
Thats 114 relics and 13k karma everyday and takes about 1,5 hour

It is about 13-15 obsi shards daily. In my opinion, the price should be slightly decreased, 10 relics or 1,6k karma per shard.

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Dungeons no longer give karma

Black Dragon.3784

You just listed off 7 dungeon runs that total 13,160 Karma PER DAY, equating to 30g PER DAY for you. To get your 300g that you claimed, you’d have to do this for 10 days, and the Karma reward for that would be 131,600 Karma, not anywhere near the 20,000 Karma you claimed.

Well you get no karma from dungeon runs after talking with guildies… So yeaaa

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I have spent 130 shards trying to get clovers for a legendary plus the stack needed for it. Ascended stuff takes 2 for just converting dust to bricks. If I can buy ecto I should be allowed to buy Obi shards the same way. Let the game be about gold. I can make gold. No issues. Or let me opt to sell my stuff for karma or “cash” let me pick my reward for playing.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Fortunately you get karma from every DE in every zone.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I wonder what’s the most efficient way to gain karma .. as in best karma-per-hour.

Fractals (10 level lower than your level) give a lot, but they can take quite a bit of time. Anyone know how they roughly compare to the Queensdale champ train? (WvW champ train works as well, but that’s pretty hard to measure, I think.)

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Queens champ with karma booster, guild karma banner and 24 hour karma guild boost all running got me 345 per champ.

Same buffs in WvW I was netting 1k for towers 2 for castles and 300 give or take 10 on smaller things

Look like WvW and my necro are gonna become friends

I don’t have time or will for fractals it needs to be something I can do in 1 hour.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The low level events give less karma – you’d probably do well on the Penitent/Shelter cycle if there was anyone else out there.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: sandvich.8259

sandvich.8259

Oh, if we’re doing this, can I have extra Karma for being economical and not converting mine to gold? BigRollyEyes

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

…What exactly do people in this game that both benefits from Legendary/Ascended gear and doesn’t result in boatloads of Karma anyway?

- Queensdale Champ Train
- WvW
- Dungeons
- Fractals

A single dungeon run even on the short paths gives just shy of 2,000 Karma.

And what fictitious dungeon might this be?

It must be embarrassing to not know what you are talking about when you are so vested in your argument.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Yeah I know about the fractals but I don’t play for hours every night doing nothing but fractals. And even then it’s 15 fractals for 1 shard… Also laurels are needed for ascended gear on top of obi shards it’s a nasty revolving door.

The first 3 fractals gives you 5+ relics and the fourth gives 15+. 15 relic per shard. That is a minimum of 2 shards per run. If you get your personal reward level up to 9(so you still don’t need AR) then you can get another 2(or more if you have enough karma boost) shards worth of karma from just doing level 1 runs. That is an average of 1 shard per fractal.

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I’m all for getting some karma back. Or at least rewarding large scale events like World Bosses or Temples the previous 1.5k+ karma that it used to have. It’s not unreasonable, considering rewards are once a day per char anyways. Bring it back in dungeons. Once a day per path. Give bigger karma rewards for LW content, that might ensure more players actually doing these events past the initial 2-3 days for achievements.

I’m not happy. They catered to the veterans who have been stockpiling high amounts since day 1, with no regards to the effects this would have over players that were or are starting out. I came into the game in August, had short of 300k karma when the nerf hit a month later and I blew it all on the rare/exo recipes while leveling professions. Now I’m a week away from finishing my stack of t6 mats for legendary, and at 72k karma and 6 shards in my collectibles, I’m probably looking at another month if not more of wait for getting the final shards to complete my Gift of Mastery. And considering the other 500k+ karma I already put into clovers, it’s pretty unreasonable.

Posted by: Shasha.2548

Shasha.2548

Honestly i dont understand that. I know many people have a hard time with Karma, but not me :/

I do many WB when i dont know what to do or wait for something, some fractal, some event, and i’m more than ok…

I think regular WB can be a great way for that, with timer is pretty fast.

Its just some advice if it can help you… But one of my guild member join me for finish legendary, for karma, and say me he get Karma faster with the WB…and buff work good for that. Maybe look at it.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Honestly i dont understand that. I know many people have a hard time with Karma, but not me :/

I do many WB when i dont know what to do or wait for something, some fractal, some event, and i’m more than ok…

Its just some advice if it can help you… But one of my guild member join me for finish legendary, for karma, and say me he get Karma faster with the WB…and buff work good for that. Maybe look at it.

Haven’t actually paid any attention to the karma from world bosses but maybe that is it. I do seem to be getting a decent amount but I have no clue where it’s coming from. I do the world bosses and the pre-events if I make it there in time.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Well they kind of had the right idea with adding the account wide bonus to karma gain…but the amount of gain you get relative to the investment in achievement points is frightfully appalling.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I’m not happy. They catered to the veterans who have been stockpiling high amounts since day 1, with no regards to the effects this would have over players that were or are starting out. I came into the game in August, had short of 300k karma when the nerf hit a month later and I blew it all on the rare/exo recipes while leveling professions. Now I’m a week away from finishing my stack of t6 mats for legendary, and at 72k karma and 6 shards in my collectibles, I’m probably looking at another month if not more of wait for getting the final shards to complete my Gift of Mastery. And considering the other 500k+ karma I already put into clovers, it’s pretty unreasonable.

I came back in October after taking a 10 month break from the game. Had 300k karma on me then. I now have 1.3mil karma and regularly buying Orrian boxes.

Hell, I get nearly 500k karma a month. All my level 80s geared up with exotics, crafting recipes all maxed out with karma, spent nearly 100 obi shards with ascended crafting.

I still feel Karma is too easy to get tbh.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Haven’t actually paid any attention to the karma from world bosses but maybe that is it. I do seem to be getting a decent amount but I have no clue where it’s coming from. I do the world bosses and the pre-events if I make it there in time.

I gain a ton of Karma from just doing the world bosses. I skip a few and only do them on one character. Of course I do have a fair amount of boost from achievements and have the necklace slotted for karma boost (have another for Power/AR for Fractals). I’ll say I average 100k-150k per week just on the events. Add in some map complete (needed for Legendary), a Fractal run, and a Tequatl kill here and there, and it really starts to pile up. Then there’s WvW with massive Karma for everything.

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I guess I’ll have to dedicate more time into playing. So much for casual. I would like karma back on dungeons that would make this a ton easier ;-)

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

I’d like it if dungeons rewarded even 1k karma. I mean, 1000 dungeon paths for the ~million karma for shards to craft Gift of Mastery/Mystic Clovers is nothing to sneeze at; that’s a pretty big investment.

Black Dragon.3784

Just tested out a dungeon, gave me no karma so you have no foundation, so that’s why I made around 300g with only 20k karma…

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

The low level events give less karma – you’d probably do well on the Penitent/Shelter cycle if there was anyone else out there.

Those events were on what seemed like 45min timers the last time I was out there.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”