Karma and Obsidian Shards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Spiderwick.1879

Spiderwick.1879

Can you get shards outside of Ori boxes? On the wiki it says you can get them from the Cathedral of Glorious Victory for 2100 karma each.

I dont like the Ori boxes RnG.

Posted by: Black Dragon.3784

Black Dragon.3784

Can you get shards outside of Ori boxes? On the wiki it says you can get them from the Cathedral of Glorious Victory for 2100 karma each.

Temple of Balthazar karma merchant

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You can get them from the boxes but the rate seems pretty low.
Just spent around 100k karma plus using the liquid karma for 30 boxes. Got back 7 shards, 51s and 1 molten lodestone.

Also as mentioned above you can get them with fractal relics as well. Minimum 2 shards per run (3 fractals + 1 boss fractal). The daily item will add 2 more.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I dont think the Karma is a problem. I earned over 5mil karma ever since the nerf. Bought for all my karma obsidian shards like a week before the update. I suggest to play more WvW.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Spiderwick.1879

Spiderwick.1879

But it’s always contested. Darn..

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

do a google search for gw2 temple status. One of the links will be a site that shows the current status of all the temple on all servers. Then guest to a server that has the temple open. Alternatively, Isle of Janthir does a dungeon train most nights between 7 and 9 pm in which they open all the temples one after another. So guesting on IoJ about that time is pretty sure to be a lucky bet.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Not necessarily. Keep an eye on http://www.gw2state.com/temples.html when you are playing. Maybe check the page when you first log in and before logging out. You’ll need to reload the page to see updates.

You could also try gathering around 15 people to take it.

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Can we please. For the love of god please…. Have some of our karma back? Or OR…. Make obi shards a drop from somewhere hard like in GW1 buy able…. Anything but since the karma massacre I honestly hate that I need obi shards for anything.

You can get them via fractals, there was something else that gave obsidian shards too, I forgot what though, since once you play the game enough you’ll have a mass amount of karma and sit between 6-12 mil things like this become just irrelevant. You will only have an issue with this if you are a new player or very casual (play once a week etc.). The former solves itself, just be patient and have some fun in the game in meanwhile, the latter, well, no matter what goal you go after it will take a long time to complete due to its nature.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Yeah fractals are my other option but I’m in a small guild and we don’t run them. I’m gonna have to take a spin with a friends guild.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

This is exactly why I told people emphatically not to waste karma. Even yet people are touting ‘converting karma to gold’ lately.

I have no sympathy for people who blew all their millions of karma on those Orr boxes just for a chance to get lodestones.

hum.. those Orr boxes are also how you get Obsidian Shards.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks