Karma from Enchanted Reward Booster

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fluffy.1932

Fluffy.1932

Enchanted Reward Boosters are meant to condense all the boosters we accumulate into one item to take up less space, but they don’t give the ability to select karma. I didn’t realize this way back when I made mine, and now don’t have any karma boosters. It would be really nice to have for all these Wintersday things that give lots of karma.

Fluffy Fuz
The Edge of Oblivion [EDGE]

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

Not certain if we are talking about the same. It’s been awhile. If I recall the powder that allows the change is also dependent on what type of booster you are converting The ones that have to do with fighting fall in one category and the surplus booster which fall into magic/karma/craft? ect fall into a different category. You can convert them but to get a karma booster from using a powder you have to convert a specific type or types to have that option. I don’t believe you can convert a karma booster to say an armor booster the other way around. I could be wrong here.

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Not certain if we are talking about the same. It’s been awhile. If I recall the powder that allows the change is also dependent on what type of booster you are converting The ones that have to do with fighting fall in one category and the surplus booster which fall into magic/karma/craft? ect fall into a different category.

You’re thinking of the right thing. There are the Enchanted Combat Boost items and Enchanted Reward Items. However, neither one gives you the Karma Boost option. Currently, the only way to get Karma Boosts are from achievement chests and as a leveling reward (once).

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They removed the option for karma boosters over a year ago, August 2015, in a stealth update.

And poof. There go my Karma boosts

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Yes, I was a tad bitter when I decided to save space and merrily clicked away all my karma boosters only to read shortly thereafter in the forums that the powder deleted karma boost options.

Only a tad, though, as I’m swimming millions of karma and don’t feel the need to boost it. Still it was annoying to have something removed without my having chosen to dump it.

Note: Right now there is another karma boost source, I think it’s the reward from doing three Wintersday-specific dailies. The icon is a snow globe, it’s a yellow quality item, and it provides a 10% karma boost for an hour or two.

Also if you are in a guild with tavern boosts, odds are one of them is for karma.

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

This is why I’m glad and wasn’t foolish and converted everything as I expect this type of action from them. I would make Booster Packs instead. I still have about 50 Karma Boosters. You can get them from key farming though. You can also use the Candy Corn Gobbler for the boost. Candy Canes and Winter’s Blessing are also K-boosters.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

its the donate gifts to orphans that give the 10% karma boost globe, it also give a good chunk of karma for each gift you give away aswell

Just a flesh wound.3589

This is why I’m glad and wasn’t foolish and converted everything as I expect this type of action from them. I would make Booster Packs instead. I still have about 50 Karma Boosters. You can get them from key farming though. You can also use the Candy Corn Gobbler for the boost. Candy Canes and Winter’s Blessing are also K-boosters.

You have to reach level 38 to get a karma boost as a leveling reward, so it’s not your average key run that only does the level 10 story line then deletes the char. It’d be the people that continue all the way to the level 40 story and key.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Also the candy corn gobbler give the karma boost every now and then. Its cheap buffs for a stack of candy corn. That’s how I been getting the buff daily.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Chuck.8196

You have to reach level 38 to get a karma boost as a leveling reward, so it’s not your average key run that only does the level 10 story line then deletes the char. It’d be the people that continue all the way to the level 40 story and key.

That’s right you do. I never said anything about lvl 10. There are keys at level 10,40, and 60. It’d be a waste not to continue to get more keys.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: Grover.8753

Grover.8753

If you’d like to obtain more k-boosters you should definitely do as suggested above. Obtain for yourself a character slot you can use to key farm for Black Lion keys once a week. Save your tomes (which you get TONS of) and use birthday scrolls. Complete your story up to level 60 for 3 keys and you will receive a booster at 38. It takes only 2 hours to complete. Once a week means 52 boosters for next Wintersday. Good luck and may Dwayna be with you.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I forgot, there is also food that gives a karma boost. I’m not in game so I can’t list the exact consumables but the wiki should have the info.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I forgot, there is also food that gives a karma boost. I’m not in game so I can’t list the exact consumables but the wiki should have the info.

Pretty much all of the ice cream foods give a karma boost, I believe.

Just a flesh wound.3589

That’s right you do. I never said anything about lvl 10. There are keys at level 10,40, and 60. It’d be a waste not to continue to get more keys.

Sort of depends on what you’re wasting I guess. If you have the tomes to level to 60 then it’s not that much time. Most only do the level 10. Takes maybe 15 minutes as opposed to the time to get to 60 and also do each story section to get those keys. (And if they’re key running they’re doing the most efficient route). The average person doesn’t have the free time to repeatedly level to 60, repeatedly do the story and do everything else they want to do. It’s 15 minutes set aside for key running as compared to 2 hours.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Chuck.8196

Sort of depends on what you’re wasting I guess. If you have the tomes to level to 60 then it’s not that much time. Most only do the level 10. Takes maybe 15 minutes as opposed to the time to get to 60 and also do each story section to get those keys. (And if they’re key running they’re doing the most efficient route). The average person doesn’t have the free time to repeatedly level to 60, repeatedly do the story and do everything else they want to do. It’s 15 minutes set aside for key running as compared to 2 hours.

15 minutes once every 7 days for 1 key vs 3 keys in 2 hours if you do it all at once or you can do it over the span of a week. The average person doesn’t key farm. This thread is NOT about key farming any ways. It’s about karma boosters so keep it on topic.

Just a flesh wound.3589

15 minutes once every 7 days for 1 key vs 3 keys in 2 hours if you do it all at once or you can do it over the span of a week. The average person doesn’t key farm. This thread is NOT about key farming any ways. It’s about karma boosters so keep it on topic.

It’s still rather a waste time wise. It’s 2 hours of repetitious (and for many people supremely boring gameplay) in order to get one karma booster.

If karma was scarce and difficult to get I could maybe see it, but just this year by playing very casually I’ve gotten 2.5 million karma, and that’s after spending some. It’s probably a lot faster to get karma by playing on the new maps with a map karma boost that drops karma on killing mobs, karma food, a hero banner, and a guild karma boost than spending 2 hours leveling and doing the personal story for one single karma booster. Heck, do teq one time a day. That will get you around 15k karma/day if you’re so short on karma that you’re farming karma boosters.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Chuck.8196

It’s still rather a waste time wise. It’s 2 hours of repetitious (and for many people supremely boring gameplay) in order to get one karma booster.

If karma was scarce and difficult to get I could maybe see it, but just this year by playing very casually I’ve gotten 2.5 million karma, and that’s after spending some. It’s probably a lot faster to get karma by playing on the new maps with a map karma boost that drops karma on killing mobs, karma food, a hero banner, and a guild karma boost than spending 2 hours leveling and doing the personal story for one single karma booster. Heck, do teq one time a day. That will get you around 15k karma/day if you’re so short on karma that you’re farming karma boosters.

Sort of depends if its a waste. It’s a passive reward for farming something else. OP is discussing boosters for Wintersday not year round farming.
but back to topic….

Enchanted Reward Boosters are meant to condense all the boosters we accumulate into one item to take up less space, but they don’t give the ability to select karma. I didn’t realize this way back when I made mine, and now don’t have any karma boosters. It would be really nice to have for all these Wintersday things that give lots of karma.

It really is a shame they removed them from the boosters. It was also really stupid they required 2 to make one booster which is why the main reason I never converted. On top of that you can’t use the food and utility items for their Karma bonus in the instanced activities because of the PvP map location. Wouldn’t it be great if you could revert those boosters into at least ONE Karma booster? You can’t get the normal boosters anymore so there’s not much reason why not.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s harder for non-HoT accounts to earn karma; it’s easier for HoT accounts.

I’m still miffed that they converted the boosters without any warning from offering Karma as an option, but it’s so long ago, I can’t imagine that it’s worth their time to do something about it now. So I’ve adapted: when I get a karma booster, I don’t compact it. I don’t have as many as I like, but I have as many as I need.

I’ve also been using it as an excuse to get rid of some of my Tomes of Knowledge, even though it’s probably horribly inefficient.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Wasn’t it always bad to convert the karma boosters anyway? Since it required two in the conversion but AFAIK you didn’t get back the equivalent of 2 when you selected it from the Enchanted version.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Wasn’t it always bad to convert the karma boosters anyway? Since it required two in the conversion but AFAIK you didn’t get back the equivalent of 2 when you selected it from the Enchanted version.

Yes, it was always bad to convert the karma boosters (which is why I never did). But it was always good to spend 10 silver to convert the others so you could save on inventory and choose later.

Because of that, I spent the karma boosters more quickly than I might have done, knowing that I had a ton of generic boosters I could use later — that’s what ANet took away: the Strategic Karma Booster Reserve.

Still, as it turns out, if you have HoT, it’s even easier to gain karma now.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yes, it was always bad to convert the karma boosters (which is why I never did). But it was always good to spend 10 silver to convert the others so you could save on inventory and choose later.

Because of that, I spent the karma boosters more quickly than I might have done, knowing that I had a ton of generic boosters I could use later — that’s what ANet took away: the Strategic Karma Booster Reserve.

Yeah. I was pretty annoyed by the loss of my ’Strategic Karma Booster Reserve." I had been using my karma boosters with the knowledge I had a large amount of boosters I could convert over. However with the introduction of karma food, the candy cane that can be used right before expecting getting karma and guild karma boosts that can be used freely and continuously as well as the karma dropped from mobs, to me it means that the loss of the karma booster is more than offset by new means of boosting karma gain.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Yeah. I was pretty annoyed by the loss of my ’Strategic Karma Booster Reserve." I had been using my karma boosters with the knowledge I had a large amount of boosters I could convert over. However with the introduction of karma food, the candy cane that can be used right before expecting getting karma and guild karma boosts that can be used freely and continuously as well as the karma dropped from mobs, to me it means that the loss of the karma booster is more than offset by new means of boosting karma gain.

Those karma drops have made me stop caring about acquiring karma altogether.

Posted by: Mike El Angelo.2874

Mike El Angelo.2874

They should just be added back in the table, I now have to rely on people having/putting down communal fires since theres no other way for me to get the 50% boost otherwise, which is stupid since you can still convert karma boosters to the enchanted version, then not get any option to use it from there.

Gunnar’s Hold