Karma jugs hoarding

Karma jugs hoarding

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adanedor.1645

Adanedor.1645

The amount of karma granted from consumable karma items has been increased. Karma boosts no longer affect the amount of karma gained from consumable items.

What the hell ArenaNet? You don’t give us a heads up so we can use the karma jugs with the boosters?

I had saved over 2 million karma in jugs and now a jug gives only 6750 instead of 8500

Post edited by moderator

(edited by Moderator)

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

Y u hoarde so much?

I see no issues here. You were given the opportunity to use them and did not presumably because you had nothing worth investing it in. Nothing has changed in the investments available and now you’re angry at yourself, not ArenaNet.

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Q_Q

This seriously nerfed Karma Box gambling. Perhaps that was the intention?

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

I had loads hoarded so i could pop them all at once with maxed buffs. Nice move anet…..

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Ditto. A heads up would have been nice, I had maybe 2 million worth of karma stored.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Kratic.8763

Kratic.8763

I am so glad I literally just used all of the jugs, drips, drops, etc i had stored up 2 days ago… After all the buffs and all of the karma items i stored up I hit 1.8mil karma lol. The reason I was hording it all was to save it for other characters if I needed to get karma armor – thankfully with the wallet, its all account wide now! Sorry to hear you guys are stuck with your nerfed karma consumables…

250 years later, still haven’t forgotten…

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

I knew I should have used my karma sooner…

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: P One Gore.2304

P One Gore.2304

Nerf?

The amount of karma granted from consumable karma items has been increased. Karma boosts no longer affect the amount of karma gained from consumable items.

Seems like they made it so that you don’t need to use a karma booster when using the consumables anymore. I’d call it a buff if anything.

Tarnished Coast ~ Crimson Illuminati
Human: Seton Stamos-Thief/Angeni Stamos-Ranger
Norn: Anska Warborn-Warrior

Karma jugs hoarding

Treeline.3865

Y u hoarde so much?

I see no issues here. You were given the opportunity to use them and did not presumably because you had nothing worth investing it in. Nothing has changed in the investments available and now you’re angry at yourself, not ArenaNet.

Issue? Anet practically grabbed into our wallets and took at least 10% of our karma. GG

Karma jugs hoarding

Treeline.3865

Nerf?

Seems like they made it so that you don’t need to use a karma booster when using the consumables anymore. I’d call it a buff if anything.

It’s a nerf, the boost is only 50%.

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Nerf?

A buff if you never/rarely used buffs. A nerf if you constantly used buffs.

Like Obi-Wan said, its all from a certain point of view.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

It is a nerf. I have a whole bank tab of stock piled karma consumables.

Anet just stole about 3 million karma from me… A one day’s notice would have been appreciated.

Karma jugs hoarding

Treeline.3865

Nerf?

A buff if you never/rarely used buffs. A nerf if you constantly used buffs.

Like Obi-Wan said, its all from a certain point of view.

And a heads-up would have solved everything.

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Any intelligent person knew this would happen at some point. I thought it would have happened months ago. It was foolish not to use them before any major patch.
If they just randomly hot-fixed it in, then you’d have room to complain about it.

Karma jugs hoarding

Treeline.3865

That doesn’t change the fact that they could have said, hey guys, use your karma now, and solved everything. It’s as easy as that.

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Have I missed something or has Karma become useful for something?

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I don’t think that’d be much different from saying “Hey guys, the new Crown Pavillion champions are giving totally ridiculous and unintended rewards. Go farm the crap out of it for gold now because we’re fixing it tomorrow.”

The whole point of the fix is they didn’t want people doing it.

Karma jugs hoarding

Kuzzi.2198

I’m at 9970 achievement points. I was waiting to hit 10k to get that +1% karma to top it off to 107% gain before opening my ~10mil karma in consumables.

This unannounced change is unacceptable. Goodbye GW2.

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I had a bad feeling when they introduced the Wallet, so I used all my jugs right after — as it turned out, my hunch was correct.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

That stuff is so useless most people don’t even wait for buffs to open it anymore.

(edited by Moderator)

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I used all of mine the day the wallet went into the game. There is absolutely no reason for them to be hogging up bank space now that the wallet is in place so I have to ask the question, why were you guys still hoarding them?

Server: Devona’s Rest

Karma jugs hoarding

pswendel.8179

Y u hoarde so much?

Issue? Anet practically grabbed into our wallets and took at least 10% of our karma. GG

They did not reach into your wallet because the karma was hoarded outside of your wallet. This is on those who were griefing the karma system, not Anet. On the plus side you can now free up bank slots, inventory space and use your karma buffs on events as they are intended.

Karma jugs hoarding

Kuzzi.2198

That stuff is so useless most people don’t even wait for buffs to open it anymore.

Quitting over the mere fact that if Anet had given us one day’s notice we could have all used up our karma consumables and not taken a net loss of ~3mil karma for NO reason? Makes more sense.

(edited by Moderator)

Karma jugs hoarding

P One Gore.2304

Nerf?

Jug of Liquid Karma used to only give 4500 karma. 6750 karma when used with the karma booster (50%).

Now, it’s unaffected by karma boosters and now gives 6750 karma.

I fail to see where there’s a nerf in all of this.

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Eli The Yahoo.9782

Eli The Yahoo.9782

I agree, a 7 days heads up would’ve been more than enough

Karma jugs hoarding

Kratic.8763

Nerf?

Jug of Liquid Karma used to only give 4500 karma. 6750 karma when used with the karma booster (50%).

With the Karma booster, guild karma booster, food karma booster, banner karma booster, 1 jug would give you just over 8k karma. That is where the complaint is coming from – you can no longer stack all of the +karma to increase the reward from these items.

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nerf?

That wasn’t the only way you could boost your karma output. My 15% karma infusion now does not work on jugs. I hadn’t even had a chance to use it yet.

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Nerf?

Because smart people would bump their boosts to +95% instead of just +50%. So basically, we all lost out on around 45% extra Karma.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I used all of mine the day the wallet went into the game. There is absolutely no reason for them to be hogging up bank space now that the wallet is in place so I have to ask the question, why were you guys still hoarding them?

Maybe because we wanted to give everybody in the guild the opportunity to use the guild karma bonus? And not everybody is online all the days of the week…

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

it was possible to get a 95% karma boost, and the karma items were only given a 50% boost. better than nothing

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

This was a nerf to karma Jewel boxes. Originally you could stack 95%+ Karma Buff, and have a continuous cycle of regaining karma back when it gave you vials of karma. Doing so allowed you to make up to 20g in only a few minutes of left-clicking hundreds of Orrian Jewel Boxes.

Proud to say I’ve done it, and sad to see it gone. But I guess it was kinda excessive.

Karma jugs hoarding

Treeline.3865

Y u hoarde so much?

They did not reach into your wallet because the karma was hoarded outside of your wallet. This is on those who were griefing the karma system, not Anet. On the plus side you can now free up bank slots, inventory space and use your karma buffs on events as they are intended.

So if it’s in my wallet you can’t take it, but if it’s in my closet it’s ok???

Karma jugs hoarding

Treeline.3865

Oh boo hoo. So you’re missing out on 2k karma on jugs, and even less on others.

I swear, the entitlement that the lot of you have is overwhelming.

I have a stack of those. 2k karma x 250…….

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

That wasn’t the only way you could boost your karma output. My 15% karma infusion now does not work on jugs. I hadn’t even had a chance to use it yet.

Can’t say I am happy about that one. Basically “useless” now.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

So you’re missing out on 2k karma on jugs, and even less on others.

When you have stacks of different types of liquid Karma, it adds up really fast.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

(edited by Moderator)

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Anything you stockpile in an MMO is a gamble. It’s always been that way in every MMO since forever… same goes for GW2. If you stockpile Ectos, maybe they introduce a new tier of legendaries that don’t require them, or higher rare item salvage or drop rates, and ectos lose half their value. People with a ton of ectos will be kitten ed, guaranteed. If you stockpile gold, maybe they introduce higher drop rates which leads to inflation and your gold loses it’s value. Same goes for karma, laurels, achievement points, anything obtainable in quantity over time. You can see they’re gradually moving newer armor/weapons towards new methods of achievement. If you weren’t aware before, consider this a relatively minor learning experience!

Karma jugs hoarding

pswendel.8179

Y u hoarde so much?

So if it’s in my wallet you can’t take it, but if it’s in my closet it’s ok???

See the poster above me.

Karma jugs hoarding

P One Gore.2304

So you’re missing out on 2k karma on jugs, and even less on others.

When you have stacks of different types of liquid Karma, it adds up really fast.

If this 95% karma boost was a problem enough to warrant such a ‘nerf’, why would they announce it happening to give people a heads up and do it en masse?

(edited by Moderator)

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Thanks for the heads up!

All is vain.

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Joiry.2504

Joiry.2504

Y u hoarde so much?

If, if Anet had given us a heads up, you’d have a point.

This is classic Anet – nerf something without warning, after some set of people profit off it, and screw the rest. There’s no way to justify group A got ~9000 of something, and group B gets 6500.

Anet always fixes minor “issues” (was it really that big of a deal) with a sledgehammer approach.

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

just out of curiosity…what is the need for so much karma? i mean i’ve bought a few pieces of armor and some obsidian shards but now i don’t need karma anymore

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Karma jugs hoarding

P One Gore.2304

just out of curiosity…what is the need for so much karma? i mean i’ve bought a few pieces of armor and some obsidian shards but now i don’t need karma anymore

People are crying because they can no longer get 20g an hour or whatever with Orrian Jewelboxes.

Karma jugs hoarding

Kratic.8763

Multiple armor sets but the #1 reason is for a legendary weapon

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Odinson.9315

Odinson.9315

yeah definitely glad I spent laurels on a Karma infusion like a week ago lol

Karma jugs hoarding

Kuzzi.2198

A lot of people do not understand the real source of the frustration here. I’ll try to explain:

A couple months back, Anet introduced achievement rewards. These rewards include account boosts among which there is a Karma Boost. Anyone with half a brain who was aware of this knew that while they did not need the karma immediately it was better to stockpile the items until they earn more achievements and increase their boost percentage.

As if to spite those who pay attention to taking the most efficient course of action, Anet made this change without giving us a heads up.

To show an example of how much of an effect this change had, I was close to the next karma boost level, which would have put my maximum karma boost at +107%, instead of the static +50% they changed it to. I have almost an entire bank tab of stock piled karma boosters, which amounts to about 5mil base karma without boosts.

This means, if I had consumed those 2 hours ago (or if Anet gave us notice of this change), I would have had 10.35m karma, but instead I get 7.5m karma. 2.85m karma loss for no reason. To put things in perspective, 2.85m karma is about 626 orrian jewelry boxes that I had 2 hours ago but now don’t anymore.

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Maybe because we wanted to give everybody in the guild the opportunity to use the guild karma bonus? And not everybody is online all the days of the week…

Did it really take you longer than 2 weeks to organize said opportunity?

Also, the buff costs a measly 500 influence, takes 2 days to queue, and lasts for 24 hours.

I’m not trying to kick you while you are down, but your excuse just rings hollow.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: YMIHere.9580

YMIHere.9580

Y u hoarde so much?

They did not reach into your wallet because the karma was hoarded outside of your wallet. This is on those who were griefing the karma system, not Anet. On the plus side you can now free up bank slots, inventory space and use your karma buffs on events as they are now intended.

Unless you happen to think this was a very hard bug to track down so it took them a year.

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: ThePedroKid.2580

ThePedroKid.2580

Many months ago it came up on the forums whether or not using multiple boosters to get Karma to 95% on consumables was an exploit or working as intended. At that time, Anet stated that it was not exploitative and that it was intended and they had no problem with it. This was a major reason that led people like myself to hoard our karma and boost up to use it.

Anyone who thinks Karma is useless is misinformed. I paid for a great deal of my one and only legendary by buying Orrian boxes while fully boosted. Karma is a great bonus source of income that has been SUBSTANTIALLY nerfed now (over 45% depending on your achievement level).

It was absolutely a terrible move by Anet to institute a complete 180 degree policy decision without notifying the playerbase prior so they could fairly use their saved consumables. Had they done that, the change would have been much more acceptable to many people; however, they did not. That is why there is a problem.

If you can not see nor understand why this is bad business, then I can’t help you. But, I can assure you that it is.

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

A bit of advance notice would have been nice…

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Karma jugs hoarding

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

A bit of advance notice would have been nice…

But then how would they catch you with your pants down?