Karma nerfed for lvl 80 events?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Hi. I am good at remembering numbers, and i’m pretty sure in past i got about 590 karma per event from lvl 80 event (like in silverwaiste etc).

Today i got much less.499 tops wich karma from birthday blaster, 460 without) I tested if the birthday blaster was bugged but it’s not. Neither is karma gain from achievements (i by coindidance today crossed an achievement tresshold that adds more karma). That karma gain works.

Wich can only mean one thing: base karma is severely lowered, about 100-150.

Why would Anet do this? Especially during wintersday wich give so much (and sorta requires a lot also).

Is this change permanent, Gaile?

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Wiki says events give 20 –378 Karma based on event level. It’s also increased by the % karma boost accounts gain from achievements, from guild karma boosts and consumables.

If you’re remembering higher than 378, maybe you have an account karma boost and your guild had a karma boost up, back before the change to guilds.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The base karma reward is shown on the event completion popup. A level 80 gold contribution should be 378 karma (321 silver, 284 bronze).

I doubt they’d nerf it while giving away ridiculous amounts of it through Wintersday activities.

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Now i get 503 with 33% bonus. (wich is correct with the base that even pop up show – 378).

10% from birthday blaster (tested and still works) 23% from karma (this still works, as i tested it with 22% and 23%, as i got karma upgrade today from achievements).

In the past (dunno why) for like last 7 months at least: I got 588 karma (then 593 then 597, in increments when my achievements when up with a karma boost). It ended at the 597 (would now be 603 karma). Maybe that was a bug, but for the longest time ever, Silverwaiste gave me 590 karma (with birthday blaster).

Either a but has been out a long time, but I suspect not.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

And was your guild running a karma boost at the same time back then?

(And how about WvW? Did/Do they have karma boosts with the other boosts? I know WvW has decreased. Maybe that’s a factor).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I didnt have guild karma boost in the longest time tbh. and 15% is not enough to equal the different (56 is what i would get from guild boost), but the actual different is 90.

I would have to check wvw. A tower used to give 800 karma, slowly upgraded to just below 1000 karma, havent played wvw in ages, but with birthday blaster it now should get 1000+ karma (cause extra ap karma). If it’s less, it’s a nerf. Keep gave almost 1900 i think. With all boosters possible i remember 2712 in stonemist.

Posted by: mobile storage.1294

mobile storage.1294

Agreed that World events yield horrendous amounts of Karma which is why i’m farming as much as possible from the Wintersday events