Karma to Wintersday Gifts

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arylide.4910

Arylide.4910

Up to what price is it worth it to buy the gifts with karma?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Up to what price is it worth it to buy the gifts with karma?

Depends on how easy you make the karma. I’d say.. look at how much karma you can make in a day, and buy that amount, so you can find an equilibrium that you never exceed how much karma you spend.

If you spend all your karma on one day, and can’t make half the gifts the next day (karma’s worth) then you bought too much. It really varries from person to person.
I’d say.. try with fully buying up to the 6th tier, and see if you can easily resupply that karma. if you can get that karma back easily, then you can spend some more the next day

Posted by: Neyensb.2581

Neyensb.2581

https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/karma
Wintersday gifts are not that good for karma-to-gold
But the Wintersday orphans net you about 85k karma (without the +50% bonfire), That means 50-60 free gifts/day

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/karma
Wintersday gifts are not that good for karma-to-gold
But the Wintersday orphans net you about 85k karma (without the +50% bonfire), That means 50-60 free gifts/day

really? I never bothered with the orphans because it seemed like such a hassle, but if the reward for that daily is that much karma, it would surely beat the Tixx Infinirarium daily completion

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

i get about 93k (not counting the karma i loose when creating gifts) karma in about a bit less than 10 minutes on my dragon hunter orphan run. I say dragon hunter cause i know thieves and daredevils can do it much faster.

I use guild hall boost, food ,utility, 50% karma booster (i hoarded them back in the day as well as when i lvl up new characters), 10% wintersday daily booster and sometimes i find a 10% banner.

Its definently worth it, after doing the run i go for the wintersday jp and a few bell choir runs till the diminishing return kicks in (i get 10k per jp run and the same as bell choir).

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Short story:
Gifts offer an inefficient karma→gold exchange rate, but a wonderful karma→gold rate per hour.

The first 10 gifts are 700 karma each. If instantly sold today, that represents a karma→gold rate of 9.6 silver per thousand karma. The most expensive 10 convert at a rate of 1.49 s/kK.

For comparison, buying salvage kits or orichalcum tools has an effect rate of 11.43 s/kK and the gloves+forge to linen|rugged is worth between 6-7 s/kK. And Orrian Jewelry Boxes convert at a rate of ~1.3s/kK.

In other words, a few gifts is a good (but not great) deal; lots of gifts is a terrible deal.

However, buying Wintersday Gifts with Karma offers one huge advantage over every other conversion method in the game: it doesn’t take more than a few minutes to convert millions of karma.

In other words, gifts offer an inefficient karma→gold exchange rate, but a wonderful karma→gold rate per hour.

tl;dr it’s worth getting some gifts per day regardless of your karma hoard. If you have millions, I recommend buying 100 per day and perhaps several thousand on 12 Jan (the last full day of the festival).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I buy 100 per day and still have more karma at the end of the day.