Karma vendors need to be revisited.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Well it’s clear at this point since Karma income has been nerfed 92% due not having anything to do with it, there could be a new use for karma, specifically all those hearts with the most useless items that you can’t salvage or even vendor after buying. The only good vendors were one’s with fun utility items or masterwork 80 aqua breather, that’s it.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Obsidian Shards. Temple Armour. Thirst-Slayer

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Yeah the very few that matter. You know how many hearts and karma merchants the game has? They’re all useless.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Yeah the very few that matter. You know how many hearts and karma merchants the game has? They’re all useless.

Reminds me of those merchants in GW 1, they were just as bad. Traders, whatever they were called.

Not only do they need to offer a better selection of items but a lot of them need to be corrected. For example they offer incorrect water weapon skins and many of them offer the wrong skins for the armour sets for the areas when it comes to medium armours. Obviously they rushed them and did a few copy and paste boo boos within the coding. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Heart vendors were meant to help you gear up as you were leveling. That’s it. They replace quest rewards in other games, since DEs don’t reward items. In most games you get your items from a quest reward and that quest is never active again. In Guild Wars 2, that function as moved to hearts.

They’re not supposed to offer much more than leveling upgrades as you level.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I love heart vendors- seriously
one of the most fun things for me leveling all my characters is to finish a heart and go- oooh what does he sell again?
I always throw all my old heart stuff that I have out grown in the forge- sometimes you even get cool stuff- otherwise you get something you can just sell.

I am still running around with a Jotun GS skin on one of my characters

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Some karma vendors sell unique weapon (and armor?) skins like the Centaur thingy skins.

What I hate about most of them and this is not exclusive to karma vendor items, is that the item icons of some unique skins are that of standard or different weapons and armors. They need to fix these since you can easily miss out on a cool looking weapon or armor if you just look at the icon of the gear and not trying to preview the item.

I’m not sure I explained it very well, but whatever. XD

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”