Karmic or Magic Find infusion?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Which utility infusion do you think would be more beneficial and increase my earnings by more?

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Karmic Infusion does have the advantage that it is harder to get the karma boosts than magic find boosts, but for increasing your actual earnings, go with the magic find infusion. Then you don’t have to spend the money going to Orr for the jewelry boxes (and getting tons of worthless minis)

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Gilded Infusions for Gold Find.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Do you really think 20% magic find when the passive account-bound cap is 300% is really going to do much? Even the Gilded Infusion likely brings in more income.

I still have the MF infusion on my Ranger since it was my de-facto grind character, but since I’ve been maining a Warrior since the last three months or so, she’s been running karmic simply because karma has alot of uses and at the end of the day also converts to gold better than MF or Gilded due to RNG boxes. Not that they’re affordable now…

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Do you really think 20% magic find when the passive account-bound cap is 300% is really going to do much? Even the Gilded Infusion likely brings in more income.

I still have the MF infusion on my Ranger since it was my de-facto grind character, but since I’ve been maining a Warrior since the last three months or so, she’s been running karmic simply because karma has alot of uses and at the end of the day also converts to gold better than MF or Gilded due to RNG boxes. Not that they’re affordable now…

I have been having lots of good drops lately, I have 145% MF atm. The cap for MF is only from luck that comes from luck, but you can stack it well beyond 300% if you wanted.

Sure, karma is hard to come by now a days, but that doesnt make gold any less valuable. After all, the karma increase is only affecting events, because neither vials or fractals get increased, and I would rather have a greater chance for gold than 15-30 extra karma a day IF i do some events…

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

My issue comes in here – WvW is the only really good source of karma, as PvE DE’s tend to be a bit more mediocre about it. Removing karma from dungeons without buffing karma gains from dynamic events was, IMO, one of the worst decisions Anet has made yet.

But at the same time, the value (or lack thereof) of 20% MF is difficult to calculate, and I consider Gold Find to be remarkably lackluster.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

They did buff karma from dynamic events, but only the low and medium level ones. The high level events stayed the same. However, even with just a passive account bonus of 5% from achivements, you are already getting 19 extra karma per event. In huge meta chains that adds up very rapidly. Now think about it with the infusion…

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I used to have Glided Infusion. But that was when you had several silver in loot from mini boss in dungeon. Now, you only get really low number of money from mobs drop and the Glided Infusion only affect those. It doesn’t affect money from Box, chest or bonus and these are the main way you earn gold in the game for now (i don’t count selling stuff and playing the TP, but only when the game actually give you money directly). For me glided infusion is pretty useless now. So i bought Magic Find infusion for my characters. Karmic Infusion bof. Its nice if you need karma since now its harder to get than before. But for me I had enough karma for all i wanted (including 2 legendary) and i still have 1 millions karma.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD