Kasmeer Meade Armor Skin

Kasmeer Meade Armor Skin

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

I wanna know what armor skin is that, and if its in-game. We couple we a few extra revealing heavy armor.

Attachments:

Kasmeer Meade Armor Skin

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

love the bright colors and the shoulder pad, this is relevant to my interests so i will bump

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Kasmeer Meade Armor Skin

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

like it but feather skirt is horribly modeled.
The idea is great but being hard to model in 3d it has issues.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Kasmeer Meade Armor Skin

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Pretty sure its another NPC only Armor… there are a lot of them. You will be able to enjoy your giant cog armor next month, but this armor is too good for players..

Kasmeer Meade Armor Skin

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

like it but feather skirt is horribly modeled.
The idea is great but being hard to model in 3d it has issues.

As a professional character artist I desist. It’s extremely easy to model what you want in 3D. You have complete control over how it looks in the initial modeling phase and only slightly less control when you import the base mesh into Mudbox or zBrush. The skirt should be exactly how it was intended had the character artists done their jobs properly, and judging by their pay grade in order to live in the Seattle/Bellevue area I’d say they do a pretty kitten good job at what they do since losing their jobs wouldn’t exactly let them live in the area long.

The issue I see is in extracting the diffuse and normal maps, and how ArenaNet likes to use flat surfaces that they smush their UVs onto, resulting in distortions from the original design. (Although by simply tweaking verticies you can achieve the original affect quite nicely with little effort).

All in all, if the armor isn’t how it was intended to look, it was rushed. Plain and simple.

On second viewing, it doesn’t even look like they modeled a high poly mesh in order to get this armor done. The lack of normal mapping and flat diffuse textures infers that they simply photoshopped their own rendition of the concept artist’s texture onto the flat polygon surfaces rather than doing it the long way to achieve an accomplished result.

(edited by Viking Jorun.5413)

Kasmeer Meade Armor Skin

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

Maybe it was intended to show off the long sock armor.

Kasmeer Meade Armor Skin

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Kasmeer. <3

I really like her. Very nice character. Also, sexy, pretty but not cheap at all. Instead, always has that classy/noble touch… but without looking arrogant or snobbish or anything. Beautiful. Very well done.

^^

Kasmeer Meade Armor Skin

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I hope they have the tools ready to start churning out armor at an increased pace.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Kasmeer Meade Armor Skin

Posted by: Gabrielle Vesper.2154

Gabrielle Vesper.2154

I wanna know what armor skin is that, and if its in-game. We couple we a few extra revealing heavy armor.

Lucky us; it’s in game now! My Sylvari Necro, Gabrielle of Vesper, is the lucky character wearing this armour, and it’s GORGEOUS! 800 gems in the gem store. The Aetherblade armour is unattractive, but this piece is wonderful.

Attachments:

Kasmeer Meade Armor Skin

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Pretty sure its another NPC only Armor… there are a lot of them. You will be able to enjoy your giant cog armor next month, but this armor is too good for players..

Well, they added Braham’s armor. Which is ironically heavy only, even though it’s 95% cloth and could pass better as Light and Medium before being considered Heavy. /sigh.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Kasmeer Meade Armor Skin

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Wtb Asura support.