Katana skin already in game...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

So, ANet added these skins with the March 16 patch but they have not been seen as yet, which is confusing because as gem skins, I would think they will sell like hot cakes. Has anyone seen them on NPCs in game?

Attachments:

Posted by: shadowfanatik.5160

shadowfanatik.5160

wielded by quetzal tengu in HoT

Raak Bloodmaw

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

I saw someone with a katana i believe no idea who or where tho :-/

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

probabely belindas greatsword from the gemstore bud, not the swords in OPs pic

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

OMG. I want these, hardstyle.

Attachments:

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I bought 2000 gems in March when I saw the post on Dulfy that they had been added, figuring they would be added as gemstore items, because Belinda’s GS, but to no avail as yet.

Posted by: JackBirkby.4356

JackBirkby.4356

Still eagerly awaiting the arrival of these skins, I’ve wanted them since launch. I got really excited when I saw these in that update, but alas the only change they’ve received was their names being changed to Quetzal Weapons. Please, Annette!

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Well, we’re also awaiting the arrival of the tengu. I’m guessing they’ll come in together? Cultural weapons or something. Could be. Fingers crossed. Tengu are Canthan in origin, after all.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: MissSinfully.2478

MissSinfully.2478

Is anyone else wincing at the phrasing of “Katana Dagger” and “Katana Sword?”

It’s like saying sword-sword and sword-dagger. A dagger in that style is a tanto and the sword, depending on length is a Wakizashi or a Katana.

Belinda’s Greatsword on the other hand, is more resembling a “Zanbato” which is a fictional/fantasy sword that’s uber long. Translates to somewhere around “horse-slaying sword” or “horse-chopping sword.”

Zanbato swords are most commonly seen in fighting-style anime, highlighted most especially by Bleach.

Anywho, just wanted to know if anyone else winced when they read that.

MissSinfully
Sonyanna
Dragonhunter

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

It’s like saying sword-sword and sword-dagger. A dagger in that style is a tanto and the sword, depending on length is a Wakizashi or a Katana.

Belinda’s Greatsword on the other hand, is more resembling a “Zanbato” which is a fictional/fantasy sword that’s uber long. Translates to somewhere around “horse-slaying sword” or “horse-chopping sword.”

Zanbato swords are most commonly seen in fighting-style anime, highlighted most especially by Bleach.

Yeah, a bit. To be fair, though, that kind thing happens with more than just Japanese blades…

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Wincing? No.

Facepalming? Yes.

And I think Belinda’s sword counts as an Odachi

Edit: -sigh- at forums not being able to recognize non-American letters.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I will probably never understand why some people want skins in the gem-store.

When you see such a skin, don’t you think.. Nice, I wonder how to get them (you know, as in, what content will reward them).

What is the fun in buying a skin? I do not buy a game to be able to buy additional skin for in that game. I buy a game to play it. Playing an MMO is for a big part, in fact personally for me the biggest part, hunting down these types of skins in the world.

Like how you could go for Night Fury (minus the fact that there is not real reliable way to get the tonic) or how you could go for the Liadri mini, or how can do the journey to get a legendary (if the required items all have a viable non-grind-gold way to be obtained), or how you can do raid to earn legendary armor. Having it as a gem-store item removes this fun and the value that this adds to a skin. It just becomes something you can buy for money or grind gold for to buy.

Anyway, maybe these skins will be added to the game? Did you think about that? Maybe they are already in the game but a reward from some Raid boos nobody killed yet?

One could only hope it’s something like that and not just another boring non game-play related item.

Not that I do like these specific skins so much, but you get the idea.

Posted by: Mouhappai.5406

Mouhappai.5406

??? is not a fictional or fantasy sword.

Posted by: Snow.2506

Snow.2506

Actually Belinda’s sword is an Odachi.
Source? Years of martial arts.

For the love of the high damage, high mobility, glass cannon. Thief to the bitter end.

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

Nerd

Posted by: Mouhappai.5406

Mouhappai.5406

Nerd

I think the term is misinformed weeb.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

OMG. I want these, hardstyle.

I believe that’s a starter human female hairstyle.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Belinda’s GS is back in the store, but not these yet? Its almost been a year since they were added, please ANet, add these so we can use them too!

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

They always put the lame weapon skins in the store. Rest are from BLC

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Nope, no wincing. Small things like that don’t bother me.
I do like random sword facts though. That was pretty great, so you got that going for you.