Keg Brawl...

Keg Brawl...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pandamonium.8035

Pandamonium.8035

I know a lot of players get upset when people lob because it wasn’t intended, but… even when I do decide to play fair with others it’s getting really annoying when players think they need to take it upon themselves to only make it one keg by lobbing extras out of bounds whether they are on your team or not. Pretty sure multiple kegs are a part of the game and I don’t understand how you can be so upset about lobbing yet sit there and go against part of the intended game.

Has anything been posted about the future of keg brawl? It’s a really fun game that’s being way too frustrating by players making up rules.

Keg Brawl...

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

They need to make it give as much Glory as normal SPvP, that’s the only change it needs.

Keg Brawl...

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

@ both of you: Uuuh…ehm…no?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Keg Brawl...

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

I’m so sure this was in response to me(Plant/Mythical Patty Matt) and [PUNT]. And I do so when I think it’s necessary to preserve the sanctity of the game. Allowing multiple kegs VERY QUICKLY devolves into a race instead of a brawl. One team will grab one, the other will get the second, and then the balance of players attacking/defending kegs will shift awkwardly so you end up with 3v1’s and 1v4’s with no actual teamwork present.

That being said, I only do this under specific circumstances and encourage others to do the same. My personal feeling is that in a full game, more than 2 kegs simply makes the game really, really stupid. Like, it was intended, but I think I’m in the majority when I say it was objectively bad— I can see it requiring an added layer of complexity, teamwork, and overall depth, but MANY MANY people are not half as good at Keg Brawl as anyone who could reasonably put up with such nonsense.

So anything I do in Keg Brawl is in the express interest of the fun from playing the actual game. Not for winning, not for flexing my kitten. It’s for raw, unadulterated fun- fun from punching, kicking, and smacking the opponent and employing excellent teamwork in the efforts to have a good competitive experience.

… and I mean, c’mon. I can’t imagine anyone likes backdoor scoring x.x

Kegmaster

Keg Brawl...

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

And to follow up on the last point of the OP: Man, I kittening wish they planned to do something about Keg Brawl, but considering the kitten title is still bugged (since LAUNCH) for players who had gotten the Keg Master title (or any of the requisite achievements) prior to the Wintersday patch,… and might I remind, that is Keg Brawl’s only reward… I doubt they even care about this portion of the game for at least the next few months.

Like, I can understand where the OP is coming from in saying that players who make up rules (me) is frustrating, and I try not to do it all the time, but I’m also genuinely trying to provide a better game experience for everyone involved.

Kegmaster