Keg Brawl Far Tossing

Keg Brawl Far Tossing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Threat Level Zero.8052

Threat Level Zero.8052

Fix it please. It really breaks this mini-game. Almost every game I participate in now has multiple people “exploiting” the camera-angle far tossing. I can reliably far-toss the keg from where it drops to the ale collector at least 80% of the time if I wanted to. That is broken.

But with this, throwing the keg out of the map through the hills, going outside the fence, it really makes Keg Brawl lame. Not to mention I’m never going to get the recoveries achievement considering no one is even dropping the keg when they can throw it across the map instantaneously. :p

Also, assist are hard to come by for many when it requires other players to pass or toss the keg to the ale collector instead of just interacting with him to turn it in. Perhaps allow it to also count or just make it so you can’t simply interact with him to turn it in? As is if you pass to someone and they just interact to turn it in you lose out on 10 keg scoring points if you did it yourself and the 3 assist points, essentially gaining nothing, so it could make other players selfish with passing.

And, if all of that is fixed, would it be possible to add Tournament Keg Brawl? I’d love to be able to join in teams for ranked Keg Brawl Matches. Allow players to queue for it from the Heart of the Mists rather than just the back corner of Hoelbrack and there might be more people actually queuing for it as well.

Keg Brawl Far Tossing

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

I agree. I played it during beta and it was very fun before the far tossing. I don’t know if the exploit was there but not discovered, or if it’s new since launch, but it’s ruining the mini-game.

Keg Brawl Far Tossing

Posted by: Threat Level Zero.8052

Threat Level Zero.8052

Yeah. I know this isn’t a huge issue for the game overall when there are plenty of other things to be looked at this early, but for the one mini-game that is in the game… it is totally ruined by it.

Keg Brawl Far Tossing

Posted by: Fury of Balthazar.2694

Fury of Balthazar.2694

I was pretty sure people are using exploits/software to throw the kegs very far… It really breaks the game and removes the competitiveness of the sport which it was meant to be. Surely throwing the keg more than half-court away wasn’t in the plans while designing the game..

Keg Brawl Far Tossing

Posted by: Dagoh.3482

Dagoh.3482

Just encountered some people that were using it too, really ruins the game for me and I stopped instantly. Fix please.

Admin of GW2NL, the biggest Dutch-Belgian Community – http://www.gw2nl.nl

Keg Brawl Far Tossing

Posted by: Gods Knight.4936

Gods Knight.4936

The only thing I agree with is the disappearing kegs from throwing to far is annoying. Everything else is just skill not an exploit.

Especially since the emote for the throw is so very obvious and all you have to do is stand in front of the guy to get the intercept.

The number of assists and recoveries just needs to be drastically reduced.

Keg Brawl Far Tossing

Posted by: Snowblind.4371

Snowblind.4371

hey i know no one gives a kitten but could this be fixed eventually? i mean this game is still in the rotation and people are still throwing kegs all the way down the field.