Key Bind Profiles For Each Character

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

I suggest that there be a way to save key bind profiles for each character. When you log into that character, you automatically get the saved keybinds.

Why?

Well, I play an engineer with completely different key binds than a ranger than a guardian. I suspect many others do too.
Now, it takes a lot of time to change classes which I would much rather play fighting.

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

That would be really helpful. I was just thinking that I could do with a different set of keybindings saved for my Engi!

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

Hmm, that could be helpful in some ways, especially with the some of the keys not being that important on some chars but REALLY important on others.

Posted by: zacsux.2098

zacsux.2098

I agree this should be something implemented but seeing as I have a Razer Orbweaver and a Razer Naga, I can already do this. I suggest buying them both, it’s a great gaming experience!

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

I agree this should be something implemented but seeing as I have a Razer Orbweaver and a Razer Naga, I can already do this. I suggest buying them both, it’s a great gaming experience!

I have the steelseries merc, and whilst it is amazing for gaming (got it in my wow days, solved my keybind issues easily). But there is a price to pay for that mwhaha

Now if I want a new keyboard or this one breaks, I will have to hunt a 2nd one out or buy new if they still sell them, or hope to find something similar. You kinda tie yourself to that new set up, at least with standard keyboard and mouse you can effectively use any keyboard and mouse with little transition.

(also I had a naga but gave it to my gf, it was like a childs toy mouse in my giant spade hands. Tall people get screwed so much, but thats a different story haha)

Posted by: zacsux.2098

zacsux.2098

I have the steelseries merc, and whilst it is amazing for gaming (got it in my wow days, solved my keybind issues easily). But there is a price to pay for that mwhaha

Now if I want a new keyboard or this one breaks, I will have to hunt a 2nd one out or buy new if they still sell them, or hope to find something similar. You kinda tie yourself to that new set up, at least with standard keyboard and mouse you can effectively use any keyboard and mouse with little transition.

(also I had a naga but gave it to my gf, it was like a childs toy mouse in my giant spade hands. Tall people get screwed so much, but thats a different story haha)

What year of naga did you have? I bought the 2014 version and it fits my abnormally large hands fine.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I main an engi and have just bought a new mouse with extra buttons on it and have set them for my kits (utility skills). Now when I jump on say my ranger who has all signets set for those mouse buttons I find they are easily tapped and I use a signet when I really don’t want to. Soooooo this idea would be great and I support it too.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?