Keys no longer drop from doing map comp?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Drogoning.1285

Drogoning.1285

Is there any reason why you cannot get black lion keys from the end chest anymore after completing a map? I used to get mayb 6-7 keys from fully mapping our tyria on my alts , now with my revenant (65% map comp) i havnt gotton a single key. Did anet say anything abt getting rid of them?

Posted by: Alteraphim.4629

Alteraphim.4629

They have always been extremely rare when map completing.

Drogoning.1285

Well, i have 7 characters with map completions atm, 5 others who are near 50%, plus this revenant at 65%, (with fully completed maps not skipping around) and ive always been rewarded keys about a third or fourth of the time. Has anyone been rewarded a key since hot? im jw

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I think you have been extremely lucky. I think I got a key once for map completion.

But we’ll know as soon as someone reports getting one. If they drop it should not take many days.

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I got map completion on one character, and a bunch of random maps completed on other characters. I got a lot of alts.

I have never, ever, gotten a key for completing a map. I didn’t even know it was possible untill like a year ago when someone told me it was.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I have noticed less keys as well but I am pretty sure I have got at least 1 so far. Possibly they just nerfed it a bit when they took out the key farming.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I got map completion on one character, and a bunch of random maps completed on other characters. I got a lot of alts.

I have never, ever, gotten a key for completing a map. I didn’t even know it was possible untill like a year ago when someone told me it was.

I would say you have some VERY bad luck. I have done world complete 10 times so far (and doing Rev now) and must have got at least 30+ keys from them all.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

The last map completion I did, I got 4 or 5 keys if I remember correctly. But that was a bit before key farm nerf and HoT

Drogoning.1285

Well usually when i would get a key it would not be in a starter areas so 15 and less (mayb the 25 and less too) On my last guy i did get 6-7 keys, and on a few alts it may b a little lower. So mayb the drop rate has just been reduced? Since some ppl seem to be getting them still.

Drogoning.1285

That or im just on a really unlucky streak lol

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

After HoT was released, I started doing a map completion on my necromancer and have been getting keys.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human