Kicked from the map!

Kicked from the map!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cady.2536

Cady.2536

…So i waited on Dragon’s Stand map for the timer, with many people ,than died(part of the map reset),than tried to revive at way point and boom…i am on an empty map.

No matter what i tried i cold not get back in the action.
Something must be done about this.An option to que. for the a map that its full or chose from how many instances of the same map are to chose from , low – mid – full.

I hate when i am kicked from the map as many others.
Pls. do something about this.Thx!

Kicked from the map!

Posted by: shalywen.9548

shalywen.9548

the best option to avoid this is join a squad if a commander is already there

Kicked from the map!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

the best option to avoid this is join a squad if a commander is already there

This, then at the reset of map look at the squad commander usually (not always which is annoying) sets themselves in section 2. Click and join on that.

Kicked from the map!

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Not joining a squad is pretty much setting yourself up for failure.

Kicked from the map!

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Not joining a squad is pretty much setting yourself up for failure.

Very true! And, one of the many reasons I so dislike HoT.

Kicked from the map!

Posted by: Rhaegar.1203

Rhaegar.1203

Rejoining a map while on a squad is not ideal. Often, I’ve been disconnected from a map (GW2 since my internet is just fine), to be stuck in a different instance of the map. Trying to join my squad gives me the “World is full” error. You have to keep trying for a full 10 mins, and with luck, you may get back to them.

Kicked from the map!

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

And just because you join a squad to get on a good map does not mean you have to stay with that squad.

MARA on Gunner’s Hold

Kicked from the map!

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Trying to join my squad gives me the “World is full” error.

That’s probably why you were put on a new map, the one you were on is full. There isn’t really any way to fix this. When you are no longer participating in the map, your space is open to the next person coming in. “Holding” your spot opens up the game to griefers – join a map, log out (or die), and walk away, no one can take your spot for X minutes. If a dozen or two players do this at once it can severely affect the players who remain on the map.

It’s an issue of “good for the group” is better than “good for the individual.”

Kicked from the map!

Posted by: Rhaegar.1203

Rhaegar.1203

I’m not saying fixing that wouldn’t cause other problems. All I am stating is that joining a squad does not guarantee you will get back to that instance.

Doesn’t it feel unfair that, while you worked on the events and helped your lane to progress, a random disconnect, not only prevents you from participating, but also allows another player access to a map that has progressed and may very well be a meta success?

Kicked from the map!

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Doesn’t it feel unfair …?

It’s an issue of “good for the group” is better than “good for the individual.”