Kicking at the end of fractals.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TomTom.2819

TomTom.2819

I was doing fractals level 30 and when we got to the last part at jade maw the three guild members [Names deleted by mod] decided to kick me for no other reason than it would be fun. this is a huge flaw in the game in my opinion.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

Community response will be among the following:

1. Remove the names from your post or it’ll be deleted

2. You got kicked because you deserved it, that’s the only reason people ever get kicked, learn to play.

3. Get a guild. Learn to play. Sorry to hear that, but yeah, get a guild.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

That sort of thing should be a bannable offense, and knowing Arenanet’s policy of exploiting bugs I wouldn’t be surprised if it would be (if they had a way to log it and monitor it).

It’s an exploit, plain and simple. Report them, get any screenshots you can to help prove it happened, and hope they get the permban they deserve.

Otherwise… there’s not a thing you can do :-\

The really sick part, though, is that you are more likely to get in trouble for this post than they are for doing that. =D

(edited by Tolmos.8395)

Posted by: TomTom.2819

TomTom.2819

it was’nt because i was playing bad…it was literaly right before the end.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Report them, best you can do right now.

Also remove names from your post, against the rules

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

A lot of players get their kicks by griefing others. It’s unfortunate but true. Sorry this happened to you. In a game like this, there just isn’t any justice for griefing, which is a lot of why people do it, other than that they are just bad people in general.

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

Not sure why a minority of group members can kick another player.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Not sure why a minority of group members can kick another player.

I don’t understand it either. I was in a fractal group awhile back and 2 members from another guild kicked our entire group of OUR 3 guild members

That’s right TWO OUT OF FIVE PEOPLE, kicked THREE.

There was no reason for them to kick us other than to be malicious, because we ran the entire level 24 fractal without ZERO wipes. We also finished the swamp fractal in 3 attempts.
We reported and no action was taken.

(edited by Chase.8415)

Posted by: eternistarr.6304

eternistarr.6304

Really they should have a policy that they would get banned from doing anything instanced for x amount of days. Including wvw and pvp arenas. and after 3 infractions a perm ban. By doing a ban on instanced events at least maybe they will change there behavior. But it does happen i’ve had a group doing a dungeon that someone just kept wiping us and wouldn’t listen to directions after the 4th wipe we kicked him and finished in less than a min. Im not saying you did anything wrong but it does happen. Unfortunately these would just have to be reviewed on a case by case basis. If there were a better way to log maybe the chat to a temp file in the game folder of the last kick from party at least you could have some evidence. Only other advise is run with people you trust because there are alot of jerks in this game

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

Unfortunately, reporting them is pointless, as there is no way to prove you didn’t deserve it.

Honestly, it is an MMO, and you were in a Pug. Don’t be surprised, don’t be hurt. Just move on.

I don’t agree with the minority being able to kick, though it has been useful for me on many occasions. Be a kitten in my group and expect a kick at the end, just before boss, regardless of when you were a kitten, even if it was at the beginning of the run.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

They should get a 3-day ban for this, seriously, what jerks, thankfully I never passed through a situation like this, but I can just imagine how frustrated you were.

I guess for now the only chance we have is having the faster reaction ever and take screenshot right when the kicking option on you appears (does it appear on you when they are trying to kick you?), which is nigh impossible since they’ll probably be talking on voice chat.

Imo they should just get a straight perma ban, but I know it’s “not fair” and they would ask for a refund because they are kittenty like that.

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Yeah, there is nothing you can do besides report them unless you recorded your run and then just pass it onto Anet and I am quite sure they will get banned for a few days. However, I am also sure no one is paranoid enough to be recording whole dungeon runs, but if this problem gets out of hand, I could see people doin in in pugs.

Tolmos.8395

This whole situation could be easily solved by requiring boots to need 3 people instead of 2. Why this game doesn’t do that is beyond me.

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Personally, I think people should DO THIS MORE OFTEN.

Obviously ANET DOES NOT GET THE MESSAGE that being able to kick players with a minority vote is a absurd idea. Next time you run a dungeon with a friend, go kick a person right before finishing.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

1 of the reasons I avoid playing with a group of guildmates is because of this

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Yet more reason to avoid fractals.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

This is why I never talk in fractal dungeons ever…….I never type a single word. You probably said something that they didn’t agree with, or took the wrong way lol.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

that sucks but look at real life. bullies bully, racists still exist and no one goes out late at night with a bag full of cash.

kitten happens dude. reporting and crying about it won’t change a thing. but i hope it would.

once you team up with 3 or more guildmates, you’re the outsider. you’re the barbarian and they can do whatever to you if they are ruthless.

i got bullied once by a fractal team. it was a guild party and one member started to pick at me. he even suggested to boot me off at maw. i didn’t mind. and good thing they didn’t and let me have the loot and level up.

sometimes people just intimidate you for no reason. just man up and learn your lesson. but that does not mean that all guild parties are composed of kitten. it’s bad luck.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Yet more reason to avoid fractals.

Honestly this, a pink Virtual item is not worth the hassle to give some griefers the satisfaction of upsetting people, i avoid them like the plague too.

Posted by: Ehra.5240

Ehra.5240

This whole situation could be easily solved by requiring boots to need 3 people instead of 2. Why this game doesn’t do that is beyond me.

It wouldn’t fix this problem, just limit it to situations where the people wanting to be jerks have to be in the majority. Any time where you have 3 people from the same guild inviting randoms to their run would be just as susceptible to this happening.

Regardless, this is still a feature that should probably exist here.

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

Wait…your guildmates kick you out?

Time to go looking for other guildmates, that is just plain sad.

I pretty much exclusively run fractals and dungeons with my guild, it’s just an overall great time, no worry about if we are going to have a pug with a queen, or angry boss-type, QQ’ers, people that can;t play or just die all the time…cutting the fat off so to say.

Tolmos.8395

It wouldn’t fix this problem, just limit it to situations where the people wanting to be jerks have to be in the majority. Any time where you have 3 people from the same guild inviting randoms to their run would be just as susceptible to this happening.

Regardless, this is still a feature that should probably exist here.

Granted, but its a start. I’m not sure of a better solution, since removing the kick ability entirely (even just at the end of a run) could also just get those same people to start becoming sloths in the end, or sometimes flat out AFK.. Give someone an inch and they’ll take a mile.

Honestly, I’m not sure which of the two situations would be worse. 0_o

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Would be easily solved if kicking means lose progress (instance stuff)…you usually decide if going to continue with the party in the start not in the end, and if by the end two people are fighting each other…good for them, dare to kick lose the whole progress.

Making it 3 votes dont solve anything, they can still be three friends.

And kicking is not the same as dc or leaving.

And this is the best choice, period, i even consider absurd to ban someone because typing bad words or a nickname…now to think banning for something like this, it is awful, everyone is a customer at the end.

And yes i thought about if someone doesnt want to help or go afk the whole time. But i bet thats better than losing whole progress at the end. You can always block him at the end so never party with him ever again.

I took an arrow to the knee

(edited by JemL.3501)

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

This is why I never talk in fractal dungeons ever…….I never type a single word. You probably said something that they didn’t agree with, or took the wrong way lol.

Yet if you say nothing and just concentrate on fighting, you get kicked for being antisocial and “unfriendly.”

I wonder if the kicking frenzy will soon mean that PUG fractals become nonexistent? After all, if people begin getting kicked 8 times out of 10, they might just decide that it’s not worth it.

RoRo.8270

Wait…your guildmates kick you out?

Time to go looking for other guildmates, that is just plain sad.

I pretty much exclusively run fractals and dungeons with my guild, it’s just an overall great time, no worry about if we are going to have a pug with a queen, or angry boss-type, QQ’ers, people that can;t play or just die all the time…cutting the fat off so to say.

Talking about joining a party with 2 or 3 players from the same guild…

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Because these type of people exist, I’m very wary when I pug with a group which consist of more than 3 guildies. The red light for me is when they’re usually ill mannered, perform badly and bad mouth you a lot for no reason. I once left an AC group half way because one of the players constantly harassed me even though I was trying to provide him with information he asked for, then he blames me for not telling him earlier etc etc. I notice the other 3 were in the same guild and talking in the same illed manner so I left after boss. Afterwards of course they pmed me and called me more names but I’m just thankful I didn’t have to experienced a kick at the end, regardless if it would have happened or not.

Posted by: Pyrotechnic Hell.3209

Pyrotechnic Hell.3209

its highly likely one of there guild members wanted the end chest/reward so you got kicked and replaced.

RoRo.8270

its highly likely one of there guild members wanted the end chest/reward so you got kicked and replaced.

This isn’t even possible with fractals…

Posted by: ATTHWSM.7840

ATTHWSM.7840

Same thing happened to me on FotM 12. VERY last boss, got kicked. And ANETs genius decides to delete my chat party history so I cant even report them for doing it.

Good work guys.

Posted by: Cycloney.2640

Cycloney.2640

If you kick someone at the end of fractal, the entire party gets teleported outside. I tried kicking a slacker during the end, all 4 of us got teleported outside.

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

the trouble with 2 friends being able to instantly (if they coordinate) kick anyone from a team without the rest of the team having even a chance to react is one of the biggest problems.. which also would be easily solvable.. they already have the ‘I am ready’ window, very obtrusive in the middle of the screen. if someone requests a kick, they could just show such a window, wait for everyones agreement or timeout, then kick the person.. if just one other player says no to the kick, it won’t happen. simple as that… if someone really goes afk for minutes, waiting 10 seconds for the kick to take effect shouldn’t be too much trouble..
also, a simple log message like:
you were kicked out of the party, initiated by X, supported by Y
would help a lot..

you still couldn’t make sure a group of 4 guildies won’t kick you, that’s nearly impossible.. but at least in normal pugs a 2 / 3 man team couldn’t grief the rest of the group anymore.

Posted by: Biohazard.4196

Biohazard.4196

If you kick someone at the end of fractal, the entire party gets teleported outside. I tried kicking a slacker during the end, all 4 of us got teleported outside.

I’m guessing that person started the fractal.
Also, thanks for letting me know not to party with you.

Cycloney.2640

I can say likewise Biohazard, if you are going to slack the entire fractal, then give the team a good reason for letting you stay in their group, assuming you read my post correctly.

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

Since party chat inexplicably disappears after being kicked from a group, I’m going to start taking a screenie of the group with all their names when I first enter.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Posted by: Nickczh.6341

Nickczh.6341

The best thing to do would be to start the instance yourself.
If they kick you, they lose all progress. That way you grant immunity to yourself.
And if they DO kick you, it’ll be a nice last laugh.

80 Necromancer, 80 Warrior
SoR

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

This is actually all pretty terrible (and kinda funny, – not that it happened, but that it’s so easy to happen), players feeling they have to take these measures of screencapping party chats, adding to pug members to friend lists. Having to use an external site to find groups is bad enough, now this. Granted, I rarely feel inclined to run a Gw2 dungeon so I’ve been shielded from this happening to me but I have seen party kick dialogues pop up for no reason the times that I’ve pugged and someone gets kicked and I don’t know why, no one says anything and everybody was fighting(as far as I saw). At least require the majority of the party to vote to kick.

Whispers with meat.

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

Since party chat inexplicably disappears after being kicked from a group, I’m going to start taking a screenie of the group with all their names when I first enter.

That’s what I do. You kick me? I report all of you. They have logs they can look over and see exactly what happened.

Cycloney.2640

Cycloney, if someone was slacking the entire fractal, you had plenty of time to kick them before the end. If you didn’t do that you’re just an kitten and a griefer.

My pleasure. For your information, the person slacked in the end of fractal and was not giving any care, even when “WE” asked him to help us multiple times. I consulted with the rest of the group and we agreed to kick him, not only because he was slacking, he was getting us killed and was being obnoxious with his chats at the same time. Anyone else want to be ignorant?

Thankfully, this was the only case in fractal that was abit harsh from my side. Majority of people i met from level 1 to 30+ were friendly.

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

The best thing to do would be to start the instance yourself.
If they kick you, they lose all progress. That way you grant immunity to yourself.
And if they DO kick you, it’ll be a nice last laugh.

This pretty munch covers it. Start the instance and relax.

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Almost happened to me at a game.

My team did not know how to kill harpies on the puzzle and were raging about it. Whenever that happens i always suggest skipping it with them being in denial saying it wont work. When it does their little pride goes crazy violent.

One said i should be down there helping fight i said its better to come up here. And ofc the dude who afked to get his dinner came back raged about falling nonstop and pointed his finger at me like its my fault he sucked. Tried kicking me off but luckily they cancelled it i pretended acting nice saying my apologies if i sounded rude i just thought you’d prefer it being easier yada yada i kissed butt yada yada.

At the end i was such a little stinker taunting the dude who tried kicking me.

Long story eh? But i support otherwise if i woulda got kicked wouldnt of got the 5g gold reward and a lovely ascended ring.