Kicking players w/mf?

Kicking players w/mf?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Q:

I was wondering if in group content is kicking a player for using mf gear is bannable? That is…if I see a player running sigil of luck, may I kick that player from the party on the basis of lack of contribution potential? Having done that and that player reports me….is that report warranted and serve the possibility of me getting temp banned?

Note* I’m not saying I do this and/or have done this or have had this done to me…this is merely hypothetical.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

No, it’s not bannable. You aren’t forced to run with anyone. If I know for a fact someone is running MF gear, I dump them. Sigil of luck is usually a great indicator. I would love an inspect feature to go along with this so i can see for usre. Yeah, yeah, call me an kitten call me an elitist, call me whatever you like. I can’t stand MF leeches, but then again, I rarely join a pug.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

You can kick a player for any reason you want. You can’t get banned for kicking someone from a group.

If they report you, oh well. There is nothing that will get you banned for kicking them so you have nothing to worry about.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Nothing against imo. Although i only kick players that wears MF gear if i’ve previously impose that condition for grouping. ig: “LF1M to Fractals Lv12345… No MF Gear!”

There are however some gear status that are worse than magic find gear as far as i see. For some classes using the Power/Precision/MF can be better than the Power/Vitality/Toughness that we often see in some chars! It all the depends on how that player rolls his char imho…

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Go ahead, kick away.

Anet make Rev great again.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

No, it’s not bannable. You aren’t forced to run with anyone. If I know for a fact someone is running MF gear, I dump them. Sigil of luck is usually a great indicator.

well You can have multiple set of weapons when your stack of 25 luck is built you can switch to another weapon and keep the stack .. thats what i do .. then i switch to my +9% crit weapons .. im not running any MF gear except this sigil will you kick me ?

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Reldin.3217

Reldin.3217

Nothing against imo. Although i only kick players that wears MF gear if i’ve previously impose that condition for grouping. ig: “LF1M to Fractals Lv12345… No MF Gear!”

There are however some gear status that are worse than magic find gear as far as i see. For some classes using the Power/Precision/MF can be better than the Power/Vitality/Toughness that we often see in some chars! It all the depends on how that player rolls his char imho…

I take Power/Vitality/Toughness over anything with MF anyday!
It’s not a bad thing to be able to take a beating, I take those over full berserker glas anyday because there’s nothing cannon about them.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Robique.8279

Robique.8279

How about kicking a necro at the end of a 15 minute CoF run that was pretty much slacking the whole time (using staff at a boss fight… I’m no necro expert, but every other weapon option must have better singletarget dps than staff) and complaining during the last boss fight that we didn’t skip mobs and events and that the run should take 8-9 minutes instead of dpsing the boss. Obvious leech, right? And being an kitten-hole on top of that. So we kicked him before the boss was downed… he wasn’t doing any contribution to it anyway.
I’m pretty sure he reported us all XD Hopefully the chat logs are being looked at when resolving these reports.

Kicking players w/mf?

Xaaz.8472

No, it’s not bannable. You aren’t forced to run with anyone. If I know for a fact someone is running MF gear, I dump them. Sigil of luck is usually a great indicator.

well You can have multiple set of weapons when your stack of 25 luck is built you can switch to another weapon and keep the stack .. thats what i do .. then i switch to my +9% crit weapons .. im not running any MF gear except this sigil will you kick me ?

Yep. You need to have it on for at least 25 kills in the dungeon to build your stack. I would absolutely kick you.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

I was wondering if in group content is kicking a player for using mf gear is bannable? That is…if I see a player running sigil of luck, may I kick that player from the party on the basis of lack of contribution potential? Having done that and that player reports me….is that report warranted and serve the possibility of me getting temp banned?

Note* I’m not saying I do this and/or have done this or have had this done to me…this is merely hypothetical.

I don’t think you will get banned over this.

How about kicking a necro at the end of a 15 minute CoF run that was pretty much slacking the whole time (using staff at a boss fight… I’m no necro expert, but every other weapon option must have better singletarget dps than staff) and complaining during the last boss fight that we didn’t skip mobs and events and that the run should take 8-9 minutes instead of dpsing the boss. Obvious leech, right? And being an kitten-hole on top of that. So we kicked him before the boss was downed… he wasn’t doing any contribution to it anyway.
I’m pretty sure he reported us all XD Hopefully the chat logs are being looked at when resolving these reports.

This on the other hand, I honestly hope you guys get banned. Kicking a guy just before a boss is down, while letting him run the whole way with you and even go that far and let him start killing a boss and then kick him just before the boss is down? I really, really hope you do…

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

I think that should be perfectly acceptable.

As a player you shouldn’t be punished for Anet’s mistake. I say that because I think the whole MF mechanic should’ve never been put in and the lack of inspect options means that people can willfully make your life more difficult and even increase your repair costs while they run away with the big loot.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Xyne.9104

Xyne.9104

Go ahead kick em.

I would kick, if i found that they are using full MF.

Using a full MF set is purely leeching off the others.

So kick, nothing wrong.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Robique.8279

Robique.8279

This on the other hand, I honestly hope you guys get banned. Kicking a guy just before a boss is down, while letting him run the whole way with you and even go that far and let him start killing a boss and then kick him just before the boss is down? I really, really hope you do…

Umm, the problem with that is that he didn’t start killing the boss, infact he wasn’t doing pretty much anything during the whole run… I’m pretty sure he was idling during the event just because he wanted to skip it as he said during the last boss. Not before the event or at the start of the run. No, he said it at the end.
Also he was being an kitten at the end, because the 4 of us were apparently not carrying him fast enough.
How does that kind of behavior deserve any reward from finishing the dungeon and how do we, according to your logic, deserve a ban for denying it to him.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

As far as I’m aware you cannot get a ban for kicking someone for any reason at any time.

That is not saying it is right to do so.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You can, though I don’t see why you would. MF gear is the second highest DPS gear in the game. Most exp mode dungeons can be completed without even wearing armor. Spending the extra time kicking someone in MF gear is just an even bigger waste of time imo.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Kicking a guy because you suspect he’s using MF gear by seeing a Sigil of Luck being used is a pretty kittenumption.

I have two sets of gear, MF and DPS. I never use MF gear in a dungeon because it just slows things down. But I’m too lazy to change my sigil on my weapon so I just leave it there.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

Can you ? I am seriously asking that question as I didn’t think you could.

Ignore – I took your answer as a direct reply to mine, which reading back it doesn’t now seem to be…

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Krimpton.4879

Krimpton.4879

Yep. You need to have it on for at least 25 kills in the dungeon to build your stack. I would absolutely kick you.

So by that logic you wouldn’t kik me from a dungeon group when you saw i had sigil of bloodlust on my weapon..
Im also high defense… high Hp… nearly 70% crit chance.. and high power too..
You wouldn’t kik that right..?
Well you would be wrong too, because i totally suk in dungeons, i can’t dodge to save my life {literally} im the guy in dungeons thats always on his kitten .
I can 2 shot some mobs in open world but dungeons i suk… so to save being {constantly} shouted at by the elitists i don’t do them anymore {and im much happier for it}
Oh sorry and as to the original op well yea i cant see you getting banned for it, but its not all that friendly is it…

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

25 kills is nothing …

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I usually kick em I don’t mind magic find food just that other party members have to work a bit harder to make up for the loss in stats

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

It irritates me when people run MF gear in dungeons…

If you got the time troll them. I took off all my armor during a CoF run. I said I’m going to see if i can do this dungeon with no armor on. Like you would think I died a lot people started to rage. Then I said if this guy is going to run MF gear I’m going to run Skin Gear, It’s just as effective.

Needless to say they got my point and at least I had fun

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

Thotz.

You shouldn’t have to kick them. You should announce up front you don’t want MF gear.

However, nobodies perfect and maybe you forget once. Fine. Ask them to leave when you see that first stack of luck. I run a MF warrior for easy dungeons, and while I’d definitely question your judgement (to myself since I’m so not going to waste my playing time arguing with ya in game), I’d leave without any hassle. If they won’t leave, sure, kick away.

If on the other hand, you wait until the final boss and kick them so they don’t get any reward, then ya, you’re griefing. You’ll get reported. Based on ANet’s responses to kicking just before a boss, you have a very high chance of getting banned.

p.s. Exactly what content in this game do you think is hard enough that a player in exotic MF gear isn’t going to contribute? Other than high level fractals or a couple of Arah’s paths, I’m pretty sure you could wear white gear and still complete it.

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Er… just out of curiosity, how would you find out they are running MF gear? Did they slip in an inspection tool without me noticing?

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: irrimn.3192

irrimn.3192

Just putting my 2 cents in on this topic: Magic find should be removed from gear and magic find should only be available on food/consumables. This way it’s perfectly obvious to everyone that people are using magic find (food). Personally I use Omnomberry Bars for the +40% gold gained in dungeons (which adds up fast!) and not so much for the magic find. Also I feel like the magic find gain from food should be buffed to compensate for removing it from gear.

Personall I see a ton of players not even EATING FOOD. So when I see someone eating magic find food, it doesn’t really matter since that’s essentially the same thing as not eating any at all, which a lot of people do and/or they forget to eat food since the food timers on a lot of food is really short and easy to forget to re-eat food even if you do eat it at the beginning of a run.

As for the kicking policy, the way I see it is any kick for any reason is A-O.K. at the beginning of a dungeon when nothing has really been done or accomplished. Once you get a significant portion of the dungeon run done (read at least 51% of the run completed) then it is no longer OK to kick someone for any reason since you had the whole first half of the dungeon to state your grievances (which honestly you should put it as a pre-req to your group that they can’t run MF gear if it is that big of a deal to you) and if they want to join they can change the their real gear (which I think a lot of people that run MF on gear do have real gear-sets) or they can not join/be kicked.

Really it just comes down to communication. I feel like you should never kick someone from the group without first giving them the option to correct what they are doing wrong, unless it is something they cannot fix — like constantly doing the mechanics of a boss fight wrong despite being told how to do it properly, or doing something that wipes the group a lot (like pulling a whole kitten-ton of mobs in a room to the group and killing everyone for no reason).

I still stand by the fact that I agree with the general sentiment that MF in its current state is bad because it undermines a group’s ability to reasonably function in an open and non-hostile manner. Case in point: this argument about being for/against MF gear. If players cannot come together to resolve this issue, it will become a point of contention in many groups being formed and will essentially divide the player-base against itself.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Kicking for no reason makes you an kitten really. If you’ll get reported enough times you will get banned. If you have someone in a party that much CLEARLY state that such players are unwelcome while searching for people or leave the group yourself.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

Just for giggles, I loaded up my MF warrior to check her stats.

Power 1902
Precision 2401
Toughness 1413
Vitality 1023
-
Attack 2926
Critical Chance 58%
Armor 2624
Health 19,442 w/ 2 regens
-
Magic Find (no luck stacks or food) 116%

Wanna bet I contribute more with her than most other players you’ll find in a PUG?

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

If you’re going to kick them, kick them early instead of waiting to the very end. If you decide you want to kick them when you’re very deep into the dungeon (in most cases, near the last boss), then that could be classified under “griefing” and you could be banned for a few days under those grounds. I know a guildmate who was banned for that because he booted someone before the end of a CoF run.

Honestly, just be mindful of who you run with. Personally, I don’t care if you run with a full-blown set of Magic Find (even though I’m not a big fan of it, which is another thread worth ranting about), but as long you know what you’re doing and don’t die to silly stuff like red circles that can easily be avoidable, then I ain’t gonna complain.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

There was another topic we had going about someone who got kicked from a dungeon group just seconds before the final boss went down, just because the rest of the party were jerks and thought it would be funny. We weren’t certain they would face any consequences for that, so I doubt you’ll have a problem.

That said, don’t sentence someone to exile for future crime. What is this, Minority Report? Wait til they suck, then you can tell them they suck. I’m not thrilled with Magic Find as a concept, and especially unimpressed by people who stack it on all their gear, but you never know.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

It irritates me when people run MF gear in dungeons…

If you got the time troll them. I took off all my armor during a CoF run. I said I’m going to see if i can do this dungeon with no armor on. Like you would think I died a lot people started to rage. Then I said if this guy is going to run MF gear I’m going to run Skin Gear, It’s just as effective.

Needless to say they got my point and at least I had fun

Huh? So you took off your gear and died a lot and that proved a point? “Just as effective” lol…. While the MF guy was probably doing the most dps in the group while not dying.

I ran a pug level 10 fractal daily last night. At the end one guy chirps in for the first time “how bout a little less MF next time eh”. As far as I know just one person was using MF food. Everyone was like ???. This coming from the guy who died the most and was not an impressive Thief, I think it was his first level 10. I don’t use MF anymore, just not my thing, but I find the people hating on it in places like super easy level 10 daily fractal are the people that actually suck.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

Umm, the problem with that is that he didn’t start killing the boss, infact he wasn’t doing pretty much anything during the whole run… I’m pretty sure he was idling during the event just because he wanted to skip it as he said during the last boss. Not before the event or at the start of the run. No, he said it at the end.
Also he was being an kitten at the end, because the 4 of us were apparently not carrying him fast enough.
How does that kind of behavior deserve any reward from finishing the dungeon and how do we, according to your logic, deserve a ban for denying it to him.

It doesn’t, but that kind of behavior can be spotted in the first few minutes (not going to say first few kills since you are speed-running). One warning and then kick. Don’t wait for the boss to have 5% HP left to kick him. I hate leechers as much as you do, not the issue here. The issue, for me, is you kicking him while the boss was going down. Why did you allow him to get to the boss with that kind of behavior or how you haven’t noticed it before the boss, is what puzzles me.
I believe similar issue has been brought up before, when people were kicking others and inviting their guildies to get the kill and path completion. If I remember correctly, Anet said that it’s a banable offense.
I’m not saying you invited anyone (or that that’s the reason why you kicked him), just saying it looks a lot like that situation – where one can argue that he was kicked for under-performing (which is just an opinion since you can’t measure it), but in reality we (forum readers) have no clue what the group did once the guy was kicked.
Oh and necro’s staff has it’s perks against a boss (in your case I’m guessing Effigy?), but then again I’m not a big fan of speed-runs, so I might be wrong here.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Who all wants to go run Path 4 Arah with everyone wearing MF gear? Tell me how that Dwayna fight treats you.

It just doesn’t sit right with me while I’m in all berserker gear holding my own to get through the dungeon as fast as efficiently as possible and someone rides on my coat tails to the end collecting more loot than I got and in the end making more gold than I did. The team contribution to gold ratio is off there.

Maybe if the MF was divided equally amongst the team it would be a lot better. Lets say one person has 130% MF gear on that would get divided across the team each person getting 26%. I think then I wouldn’t mind it as much.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

So much hate on the forums for different builds.

If you want a certain type of build to join your party, advertise that. Don’t get upset later to find out that someone is not running what you consider an optimum build. If the run has already started, deal with it, and don’t party with them again.

Why no hate for people using Omno bars? That extra MF% and GF% is purely selfish.. they could have ate something to give them more ‘useful’ stats that benefit the party instead of themselves.

I’ve seen plenty of people out there that just plain suck with or without MF gear. Those people aggravate me way more than a good player in MF gear. I just finish the run.. and move on.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

This MF argument is getting old and pathetic.

To the OP, no that’s not bannable. The bannable part comes when you kick them at the end of the dungeon either to deny them the rewards or add in a guildie so they can get the XP. Doing it early/at the beginning shouldn’t be an issue.

RIP in peace Robert

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I think a kick for MF is fine. When is the question.. should be done prior to running the instance, not at the final boss.

Personally I see MF gear in the same light as I would seeing a player choose to use white gear. I am sure there are players capable of doing content in white gear, but I don’t want to run with somebody who chooses to nerf their effectiveness or potential, for any reason.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

the MF guy was probably doing the most dps in the group while not dying.

Probably? Why probably? Possibly I would accept, if they were exceptionally skilled and the other people in the group were geared improperly and were inexperienced. But probably? Where do you get that? Having Magic Find on your gear doesn’t make you a better player, and you don’t even know who it was.

See, one of the things that bug me the most about MF stackers is the arrogance with which they so confidently assert that they are the best players in the game. I never hear “Hey, sometimes if the group is having an easy time of it, MF doesn’t hamper our progress to any noticeable degree.” No, instead it’s always “Players with MF do the most damage, always CC and dodge perfectly, and do everything better than people who have any other stats.”

Talking to them, you’d think MF was the only stat in the game that did anything. After all, Vitality and Toughness apparently don’t contribute to survival, because players who have MF don’t ever get hit! Crit and Conditions don’t increase damage, because MF players already put out the maximum damage that’s humanly possible! Maybe all gear in the game should just be nothing but Magic Find! No one with Magic Find has ever let anyone down, or failed at anything, right?

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: CorruptedSave.2570

CorruptedSave.2570

If you have an issue with MF gear, you should make it clear up front that you do not want anyone using it. If they insist on still using it, then kicking is fine.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

It depends on how things are going, but 99% of the time I’ll just straight up /leave and find a new group. Although, I had to chuckle last night when someone linked their blue(yes, BLUE lvl ~70) MF gear in a lvl 38 Fractal.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

As I understand it:
-you can kick anyone for any reason without fear of banning
-you can get banned if you kick someone after they do hard work and before they get their reward (like as the final dungeon boss is dying), but it’s incredibly hard for them to be able to turn you in.

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

the MF guy was probably doing the most dps in the group while not dying.

Probably? Why probably? Possibly I would accept, if they were exceptionally skilled and the other people in the group were geared improperly and were inexperienced. But probably? Where do you get that? Having Magic Find on your gear doesn’t make you a better player, and you don’t even know who it was.

See, one of the things that bug me the most about MF stackers is the arrogance with which they so confidently assert that they are the best players in the game. I never hear “Hey, sometimes if the group is having an easy time of it, MF doesn’t hamper our progress to any noticeable degree.” No, instead it’s always “Players with MF do the most damage, always CC and dodge perfectly, and do everything better than people who have any other stats.”

Talking to them, you’d think MF was the only stat in the game that did anything. After all, Vitality and Toughness apparently don’t contribute to survival, because players who have MF don’t ever get hit! Crit and Conditions don’t increase damage, because MF players already put out the maximum damage that’s humanly possible! Maybe all gear in the game should just be nothing but Magic Find! No one with Magic Find has ever let anyone down, or failed at anything, right?

I lol’d.

If you wear enough MF gear, the set bonus is transform: Chuck Norris

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

I wouldn’t kick someone for it, as it wouldn’t be detrimental to the group’s success, but if they are bad, I won’t invite them for another run.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

As I understand it:
-you can kick anyone for any reason without fear of banning
-you can get banned if you kick someone after they do hard work and before they get their reward (like as the final dungeon boss is dying), but it’s incredibly hard for them to be able to turn you in.

Pretty much this. The former I agree with 100%. I shouldn’t be required to run with people, one way or the other. The latter I really wish they would fix- some sort of improved logging system or something. I mean, even if the logs only last a couple of weeks it would be worthwhile. It’s not like hard drive space costs an arm and a leg or anything. >_> As a broke college student my personal PC had almost 4 terabytes of space. :-P

Kicking players w/mf?

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Kicking players out of a party for what gear they have is supremely lame.

judge players by their actual contribution, not on whether they follow your specific school of absolute min/max-ism.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Kicking players w/mf?

Xaaz.8472

Kicking players out of a party for what gear they have is supremely lame.

judge players by their actual contribution, not on whether they follow your specific school of absolute min/max-ism.

Making people run with you when you wear MF is extremely lame.

See, we all have opinions. If I don’t want to run with a MF person, that’s my right. He has the right to wear it, I have the right to group with him or not. I’m not going to take the time to see IF he can contribute. I’ll just save the hassle and get someone without it. Sure, they may not be the best either, but at least I know it’s them, not the gear.